• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

The missus has complained vigorously about sharing unisex washrooms with men in factories and offices. Apparently they all end up looking like a gas station toilet.

It seems that men and women have different senses of what meant by the word "clean". Something to do with having to squat, perhaps?
Having had to clean public washrooms at a ferry terminal, the female washrooms were way worse than the mens

Wow. That is a National Enquirer level bait-and-switch headline. The article never talks about parents once, but describes how far-right groups are being monitored for anti-LGBT messaging and intimidation. Glad you found some "quality journalism" as an alternative to MSM!
According to the government everything right of their message is far right. Even trudeau calls PP a far right maga extremist. I guess they must be just a bunch of slack jawed male knuckle daggers. No parent would be involved in that.

You're welcome. However, feel free to criticize it because it doesn't fit your narrative. I really don't care. Opinions.

Careful what you write or the opinions you voice. Stalin would be proud.

Another versions of the story ....
As most such stories, CBC doesn't share the "obtained (via ATIP)" document.

Having had to clean public washrooms at a ferry terminal, the female washrooms were way worse than the mens
Difficult to believe. How do they manage to piss all over the seat? And are they really as prone to leaving toilets clogged with a four-coil steamer and enough paper to print a book?

Difficult to believe. How do they manage to piss all over the seat? And are they really as prone to leaving toilets clogged with a four-coil steamer and enough paper to print a book?
They have a tendency to hover and they have pretty well the same digestive physiology as a male. I've cleaned and unclogged more than my share of feminine facilities.

Just incredibly messy and disgusting, used hygiene products tossed behind the toilet instead of in the receptacle provided. Poop smears were they should not be and the sinks........
Now that is descriptive.....

Anyhow... this whole thing about Anti LGBTQ thing...

I wonder if some Islamic groups are included?

Another versions of the story ....
As most such stories, CBC doesn't share the "obtained (via ATIP)" document.

I believe it. The LGBTQ+ community has always been a far right punching bag, but in the past few years he online rhetoric has just been getting more and more blatant and bold. Islamist extremist has targeted them too- the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando in 2016 was an ISIS-sworn lone actor. He killed 49 and wounded more than 50 others. It happened down there; the prospect of a similarly targeted attack up here is absolutely possible, even if the weapons aren’t so readily at hand.

LGBTQ+ events and sites are already a known extremist target. It’s reasonable on CSIS’ part to identify and communicate a terrorism risk targeting that community. And if the service specifically is saying it, they’re likely to have classified intelligence backing it.

I believe it. The LGBTQ+ community has always been a far right punching bag, but in the past few years he online rhetoric has just been getting more and more blatant and bold. Islamist extremist has targeted them too- the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando in 2016 was an ISIS-sworn lone actor. He killed 49 and wounded more than 50 others. It happened down there; the prospect of a similarly targeted attack up here is absolutely possible, even if the weapons aren’t so readily at hand.

LGBTQ+ events and sites are already a known extremist target. It’s reasonable on CSIS’ part to identify and communicate a terrorism risk targeting that community. And if the service specifically is saying it, they’re likely to have classified intelligence backing it.
I don't think that we're talking about the average parent(s) here that have reservations about puberty blockers etc. This is the very far right of the spectrum and they should be watched.

"Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

So we better speak out - all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. Edmond Burke said that except he said "good men".

I don't think that we're talking about the average parent(s) here that have reservations about puberty blockers etc. This is the very far right of the spectrum and they should be watched.

"Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

So we better speak out - all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. Edmond Burke said that except he said "good men".
Frankly I think it barely has anything to do with parents at all, save for the incidental fact that some ideological extremists do have kids. It’s just an issue that’s become a new lightning rod to catalyze a lot of the same, tired, familiar anti government types. Now they’re rallying around some notion that ‘the establishment’ is preying on kids, which justifies all their other pre-existing hatred for the government and the establishment system, and they’re made LGBTQ+ generally, and trans people specifically, a focal point of that hatred.

there is a very old joke that states 99% of all lawyers give the 1% who are honest a bad name. Corny or not, the figures are appropriate. What is the percentage trans? I suspect that 1% would be high though I don't have confirmed evidence to prove it. Creating a less safe environment, even if it is only in feeling, for 99 in order to accommodate 1 is just plain dumb.

I want to offer a real world insight (and unintended consequences) of our current "social education" of our children.

One year ago or so, my youngest son was in the seventh grade at his school (a catholic school of all things). When they got the portion of sexual education where they discuss trans sex, the 52 magical genders, sexual expression and identity, the kids (age 12 or so) kind of went down a weird path.
For the next month or two, my youngest son was telling me how each day or week, a person would suddenly "identify as a girl" (when they were a boy) or vice versa. Some others would say "oh I am going to try gay/lesbian/bisexuality when I get older". The funny thing is, after the initial education, if we call it that, on these matters, they kids kind of dropped the random "sexual identity" and declared sexuality. They treated it like a trend. I asked my son (BTW, my son is one the smartest kids in his school, he has written university level exams and got near perfect scores at age 12) anything else and he noted that many of the kids were jumping on this band wagon and also stating they were "fighting hate" and showing resistance to "far right/white extremism".

Uh huh. No shit. My observations (and personal conclusions, I am very open minded, feel free to change it with reasons, facts and logic) on this whole issue
1. Many of the people who seem to be promoting trans/Gay/Lesbian (Rainbow community) issues on the kids have very little to no interest in the welfare or protection of the rainbow community. They are using it as a political football to beat down anyone conservative (we military folks know what it is like to be used as a political football);

2. Yes, the kids should learn about LGBTQ+ issues BUT at the right time in their education. Kids running around the day after they learned about trans issues and declaring themselves basically trans, then reversing themselves a week or two later shows great insult to real people who are suffering trans identity issues (in my view it was and still is a serious psychological issue);

3. We need to spend time teaching kids (again at the right time), the FACTS about trans issues. Discuss what the medical procedures are that are involved and their CONSEQUENCES (The radical left does not want to discuss this as it works against their agenda, were as I find normal lefties are fine talking about it), people need to know the WHOLE story especially if it involves them making permanent decisions; and

4. Trans people have a psychological issue, full stop. Yes, they need help. MEDICAL help from doctors and psychiatrist, not activist and politicians scoring cheap votes. Funny, when I had a double vasectomy, my doctor understood and counselled me on the consequences of the procedure. I then met with the surgeon who again discussed the full procedure and consequences of it. He then advised that I had an 18 month wait for the procedure (he made it clear that he could do it in six months but he wanted his patients have time to reflect and weigh in n their decisions). I was a 41 year old man. So aside from recognizing that trans is a medical issue, they can damn well wait until they are at least 18 years of age to make any medical procedures done on them.

I want to offer a real world insight (and unintended consequences) of our current "social education" of our children.

One year ago or so, my youngest son was in the seventh grade at his school (a catholic school of all things). When they got the portion of sexual education where they discuss trans sex, the 52 magical genders, sexual expression and identity, the kids (age 12 or so) kind of went down a weird path.
For the next month or two, my youngest son was telling me how each day or week, a person would suddenly "identify as a girl" (when they were a boy) or vice versa. Some others would say "oh I am going to try gay/lesbian/bisexuality when I get older". The funny thing is, after the initial education, if we call it that, on these matters, they kids kind of dropped the random "sexual identity" and declared sexuality. They treated it like a trend. I asked my son (BTW, my son is one the smartest kids in his school, he has written university level exams and got near perfect scores at age 12) anything else and he noted that many of the kids were jumping on this band wagon and also stating they were "fighting hate" and showing resistance to "far right/white extremism".

Uh huh. No shit. My observations (and personal conclusions, I am very open minded, feel free to change it with reasons, facts and logic) on this whole issue
1. Many of the people who seem to be promoting trans/Gay/Lesbian (Rainbow community) issues on the kids have very little to no interest in the welfare or protection of the rainbow community. They are using it as a political football to beat down anyone conservative (we military folks know what it is like to be used as a political football);

2. Yes, the kids should learn about LGBTQ+ issues BUT at the right time in their education. Kids running around the day after they learned about trans issues and declaring themselves basically trans, then reversing themselves a week or two later shows great insult to real people who are suffering trans identity issues (in my view it was and still is a serious psychological issue);

3. We need to spend time teaching kids (again at the right time), the FACTS about trans issues. Discuss what the medical procedures are that are involved and their CONSEQUENCES (The radical left does not want to discuss this as it works against their agenda, were as I find normal lefties are fine talking about it), people need to know the WHOLE story especially if it involves them making permanent decisions; and

4. Trans people have a psychological issue, full stop. Yes, they need help. MEDICAL help from doctors and psychiatrist, not activist and politicians scoring cheap votes. Funny, when I had a double vasectomy, my doctor understood and counselled me on the consequences of the procedure. I then met with the surgeon who again discussed the full procedure and consequences of it. He then advised that I had an 18 month wait for the procedure (he made it clear that he could do it in six months but he wanted his patients have time to reflect and weigh in n their decisions). I was a 41 year old man. So aside from recognizing that trans is a medical issue, they can damn well wait until they are at least 18 years of age to make any medical procedures done on them.

I've seen similar things in my daughter's school. Which my wife is also the VP at; so I obviously have to tread carefully.

I've seen similar things in my daughter's school. Which my wife is also the VP at; so I obviously have to tread carefully.
My native friends (they hate the term indigenous as they feel its condescending) also felt that they and the issues the indigenous community deals with were also used as a political football. Especially during the Wet'suwetsin (spelling?) pipeline issues.
As one of them said "I don't need another white liberal telling me whats wrong or how to solve our problems"

I feel the Rainbow community issues have also been politicized by a certain far left radical activist (basically, they are pushing for marxist communism)

There is only so much bandwidth and resources. Concentration of effort matters.

All of your first line issues wont matter a smidge if this whole things goes sideways.

My point is who gives a shit about what washroom you use. Just get rid of gendered washrooms and urinals and make every public heads an enclosed stall.
Again this goes down to context. In a busy location/time of day this might not be an issue at all but in a quiet location/time of day it could actually create a situation where the extra privacy of enclosed stalls/change spaces/showers might create a secluded location for a predator.

I have a sister-in-law that was sexually assaulted walking home from a late night shift at a restaurant and a niece that was sexually assaulted while jogging. Both (as someone noted up-thread) were situations where the attacker took advantage of a victim in a secluded location.

I'm not worried about the likelihood of an assault taking place in one of these shared facilities in the middle of a busy shopping mall, during a typical school day or at a busy night club. There are typically lots of people around. However late night in a secluded location a bystander (or security guard watching a camera) might not bat an eye at a male following a woman into a unisex washroom but seeing a male follow a woman into a woman's washroom would raise a red flag.

The fact is that unfortunately the vulnerable in our society are at elevated risk of violence from predators...and that includes both biological women as well as LGBTQ+ individuals. Finding solutions that address the safety concerns of both these groups is not as simple as "Just do 'A'"

Again this goes down to context. In a busy location/time of day this might not be an issue at all but in a quiet location/time of day it could actually create a situation where the extra privacy of enclosed stalls/change spaces/showers might create a secluded location for a predator.

I have a sister-in-law that was sexually assaulted walking home from a late night shift at a restaurant and a niece that was sexually assaulted while jogging. Both (as someone noted up-thread) were situations where the attacker took advantage of a victim in a secluded location.

I'm not worried about the likelihood of an assault taking place in one of these shared facilities in the middle of a busy shopping mall, during a typical school day or at a busy night club. There are typically lots of people around. However late night in a secluded location a bystander (or security guard watching a camera) might not bat an eye at a male following a woman into a unisex washroom but seeing a male follow a woman into a woman's washroom would raise a red flag.

The fact is that unfortunately the vulnerable in our society are at elevated risk of violence from predators...and that includes both biological women as well as LGBTQ+ individuals. Finding solutions that address the safety concerns of both these groups is not as simple as "Just do 'A'"

I hate to have to say this, but there is no guarantee of safety in this life. We can never make something prof against that. Add a panic button to the washroom and if required post a security guard in the lobby.

Either this or go back what ever junk you have decides which washroom you use all stop, your feelings be damned.

My youngest and her friends went through similar, thankfully my daughter is growing tired of the kids who heavily bought into this programming. I see some people trying to push us in the Navy League to "celebrate trans-gender stuff more, to make them feel welcome". I put my foot down on that stuff. I go by what the parent tells me their kid is, these kids are to young to be exploring that kind of stuff. Volunteering with the older Cadets, they are deep into this problem as their older Cadets are in sexual exploration phase and trans-gender thing is cropping up more there.

Back