• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are the doctors looking for?

Cabose

Inactive
Reaction score
I got a letter a little while ago (from Ottawa) asking me to go see an ENT (ear nose and throat doctor) and get tests done.  However the letter doesn't tell me what I need in order to continue my recruitment.  I have seen an ENT and am going in for a hearing test on the 28th but I'm not sure if that is what they are after.  Do they need a doctors note saying that I can participate in training and so forth?
Any imput would be great thanks.
Cabose

did you ask your Recruiter?

Just get the tests done, and return the results to your Recruiter. Don't over-think it.

How about you call the CFRC/D and ask to speak to the person that did your recruiting medical who will have a copy of that letter and they can give you more specific information.  Just a thought.

Well, from a guy who use to medicals at recruiting (sgt med tech), seems to me that if your doctor has booked you for a hearing test, this  could imply  a hearing condition; for example: decreased hearing in one or both ears; possibly has / had 'tubes'; some biological abnormality (eg perforated eardrum?); chronic infections; etc etc . I'm betting on decreased hearing..

xo31@711ret said:
Well, from a guy who use to medicals at recruiting (sgt med tech), seems to me that if your doctor has booked you for a hearing test, this  could imply  a hearing condition; for example: decreased hearing in one or both ears; possibly has / had 'tubes'; some biological abnormality (eg perforated eardrum?); chronic infections; etc etc . I'm betting on decreased hearing..
I'm betting on decreased hearing......... That is in my opinion the problem here. How is someone supposed to respond to this ? , if you don't understand what is being asked of you  , call the recruiter, they are there to help. Ive been trolling here for a while and have come to the conclusion that a CF recruiter is one of the toughest jobs in the CF. Has anyone here ever seen so many dumb questions asked of anyone else on this board, I cant even begin to fathom the minutia they filter during a regular work day.....................I'd climb a tower with a gun.

I'm betting on if you aren't a qualified MD who has examined this poster than you can't offer more than conjecture.

So instead, let's allow the lad to deal with the proper people, and get back to us once he knows whats up, so he can enlighten us to his unique indiviudal experience.

Oh.. and have a few cold ones?  8)

Normally when you recieve a letter there is a phone number right on it, so if the CFRC/D call doesn't work you could always just call the person who wrote the letter. You may have to leave a message and wait a bit but normally they will call back, they are really busy alot of the time.

-Syed
:cdn:

Back