• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need some kind guidance, please.

SUNNY K

Reaction score
Good morning,

I appered in my CFAT test on December 13, 2023 for TDO, but have not heard back wheather, I am passed or fail or what next. As per the most of the converations I have gone through, I have gotten an idea that they noramlly tell you right after your test or some days after. Well, I called to my local recruitment center in Montreal and I was told that they are waiting me to bring equalincy of my degrees ( Bachelor) outside Canada. The point to be noted here is that the person who was in-conact with me ( before appearing in the CFAT test) via email suggessted me that since I have a Master degree from a very prestigious insitution in Canada so we will process your application for this trade on the basis of your canadian degree which is best suited for TDO and we dont need equilancy for your degrees outside Canada.

1. Since I already have a Master degree from Canada and UK and they are very much relvent to the trade I was tested, then why they want me to get eqialicy of my Bachelor's Degree from outside Canada? Does it mean that I did not do well in the test and they want my Bachelor's degree, if they could offer me something else?

2. After the first test, they asked almost 5-6 people to leave and I presumed that they might be the ones who passed the test. But if they passed the test then why did they not appear in the second test and filling up the forms etc ? We were almost 12-15 left in the room and we are given one more test and a list of forms to fill up.

Nedd your kind guidance , please

Warm regards,
S

If they want you to bring your proof of bachelor's degree, then bring your proof of bachelor's degree. Don't expect that aspect of the system to be flexible or make exceptions just because it's a minor hassle to you. They will make efforts to verify anything they feel they need to, and that's appropriate.

If they want you to bring your proof of bachelor's degree, then bring your proof of bachelor's degree. Don't expect that aspect of the system to be flexible or make exceptions just because it's a minor hassle to you. They will make efforts to verify anything they feel they need to, and that's appropriate.
Thanks for your kind reply. Well, I do understand and for that reason, I applied for my equlinacy via IQAS and it is done and on way to my address pretty soon.

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on my questions regarding pass /fail, please.

Warm regards,
S

Thanks for your kind reply. Well, I do understand and for that reason, I applied for my equlinacy via IQAS and it is done and on way to my address pretty soon.

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on my questions regarding pass /fail, please.

Warm regards,
S
I don’t know, sorry. Good luck!

Good morning,

I appered in my CFAT test on December 13, 2023 for TDO, but have not heard back wheather, I am passed or fail or what next. As per the most of the converations I have gone through, I have gotten an idea that they noramlly tell you right after your test or some days after. Well, I called to my local recruitment center in Montreal and I was told that they are waiting me to bring equalincy of my degrees ( Bachelor) outside Canada. The point to be noted here is that the person who was in-conact with me ( before appearing in the CFAT test) via email suggessted me that since I have a Master degree from a very prestigious insitution in Canada so we will process your application for this trade on the basis of your canadian degree which is best suited for TDO and we dont need equilancy for your degrees outside Canada.

1. Since I already have a Master degree from Canada and UK and they are very much relvent to the trade I was tested, then why they want me to get eqialicy of my Bachelor's Degree from outside Canada? Does it mean that I did not do well in the test and they want my Bachelor's degree, if they could offer me something else?

2. After the first test, they asked almost 5-6 people to leave and I presumed that they might be the ones who passed the test. But if they passed the test then why did they not appear in the second test and filling up the forms etc ? We were almost 12-15 left in the room and we are given one more test and a list of forms to fill up.

Nedd your kind guidance , please

Warm regards,
S
1) They ask for any and all transcripts from any institution that you attended. I asked the recruiting officer when I went for my CFAT because I did not have my high school transcripts at the time, and he said that my university transcripts were enough because I had already attended university. It is one of those things where if they ask for them then you have to provide them.

2) This is my assumption here, but those 5-6 who were asked to leave probably did not pass their CFAT, so did not need to write the Personality portion of the test, nor fill out any subsequent forms. Again this is just my assumption, not fact.

1) They ask for any and all transcripts from any institution that you attended. I asked the recruiting officer when I went for my CFAT because I did not have my high school transcripts at the time, and he said that my university transcripts were enough because I had already attended university. It is one of those things where if they ask for them then you have to provide them.

2) This is my assumption here, but those 5-6 who were asked to leave probably did not pass their CFAT, so did not need to write the Personality portion of the test, nor fill out any subsequent forms. Again this is just my assumption, not fact.
Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated!

Just another insight, maybe they were CFAT rewrites, people who had already done the TSD... they could also be people who only had time to do 1 test (and yest I've seen the CFAT and TSD broken apart because someone didn't have enough time to do both). There are a variety of reasons that COULD cause it, but your best bet SUNNY K is to worry about yourself and not stress about what other people are or are not doing.

They will ask transcripts of all your educational history.

This includes all of your post-secondary education including your Bachelor's degree, AND possibly your high school transcripts as well. All applicants are required to provide transcripts for their educational history.

If anything they require was completed outside of Canada, it requires an equivalency evaluation at your expense

Back