• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Trucker" Epaulettes

BYT Driver said:
I've seen some of the francophones running around here with TRANS (As in TRANSMISSIONS=SIGNALS) on thier LAND DEU instead of LOG ???

If you saw TRANS on the slip on, than it's not Signals.

Franco Signallers have the full TRANSMISSIONS on their slip on

Just a point, but the Franco version of the Signals slipon is spelled out in full: "TRANSMISSION" and not abbreviated.

-Skeletor-  beat me to it.

dapaterson said:
Not with public money, I hope.  If it's entitled, it will be issued - no local purchase required.  If it's not entitled, you have no right to spend public money on it.

NPF of course.  :D

-Skeletor- said:

He's talking about DEU ... where they should be wearing a "LOG" shoulder insignia ... and instead are wearing a "TRANS" insignia.

Those do exist - the short version.

All the "Brass" ones that I have seen have been the full spelling, not abbreviated.  Time for a Sig to post a .jpg    :Constr:

George Wallace said:
All the "Brass" ones that I have seen have been the full spelling, not abbreviated.  Time for a Sig to post a .jpg    :Constr:

I'll hunt one of the short ones down ... and post a pic of it.  ;)

hi all !

Long time reader, first time poster. anyhoo...

Trucker dudes, you should be proud of your trade and I fully understand what you are doing.  It would be nice if you could get what you want because its nice to stand out of a croud with your own identity no matter what you do.  Why not have a different slip on than everyone else?

Army vern, nice to see you act the same way here as you do in person.  Would you really PM the persons RSM? If so what gives you the right to do so? you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up.

butterfly said:
hi all !

Long time reader, first time poster. anyhoo...

Trucker dudes, you should be proud of your trade and I fully understand what you are doing.  It would be nice if you could get what you want because its nice to stand out of a croud with your own identity no matter what you do.  Why not have a different slip on than everyone else?

Sure, it'd be nice to have a Sup Tech slip-on too. Everyone's got pride.

Problem is - they aren't authorized. Not my rules. CF rules.

Army vern, nice to see you act the same way here as you do in person.  Would you really PM the persons RSM? If so what gives you the right to do so? you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up.

If you really knew me, you'd know the answer to that question.

PM me your name - or would you rather issue statements like the above behind a veil of anonymity? Prove you know me to me else I'd say, knowing how my troops think of me - that you are talking out of your ass.

I didn't say I knew you hon.  I said you act the same way here as you do in person. 

I have dealt with you plenty of times, Maybe that is a better way of putting it.  As for the opinion of your troops, well.....I won't got there.  Its not my place to say but some of them are good friends of mine and I know what they think.

My point was: Its not your place to be PMing anyones RSM about anything you read here.  We all do plenty of things that technically are not authorized every day.  How would you like it if I PMed your RSM to let him know you post on a non authorized DND website while you should be working?  That would be rather rude don't you think.

If these dudes and gals wear an "unauthorized" slip on then so be it.  Let them get caught on ther own and don't be a rat.  His chain of command dosen't appear to have any beef with the idea after all so why should anyone here?

Just MO

-Skeletor- said:

Slip-On's "TRANSMISSIONS"

DEU's - Brass "TRANS"

W/O, I'll see if I can find mine and get a pic. They made me take 'em off when I got posted out west.

butterfly said:
I didn't say I knew you hon.  I said you act the same way here as you do in person. 

I have dealt with you plenty of times, Maybe that is a better way of putting it.  As for the opinion of your troops, well.....I won't got there.  Its not my place to say but some of them are good friends of mine and I know what they think.

My point was: Its not your place to be PMing anyones RSM about anything you read here.  We all do plenty of things that technically are not authorized every day.  How would you like it if I PMed your RSM to let him know you post on a non authorized DND website while you should be working?  That would be rather rude don't you think.

If these dudes and gals wear an "unauthorized" slip on then so be it.  Let them get caught on ther own and don't be a rat.  His chain of command dosen't appear to have any beef with the idea after all so why should anyone here?

Just MO

IAW with the CANFORGEN, my CoC is WELL aware that I post here and what my username is (I use my real name see, I don't 'hide' behind an anonymous screen-name). But thanks for that.

As for my "posting during working hours" ... good luck with that. I'm on the year-long french course:

1) We're timed down to the minute. Our lunch is from 12 to 1;

2) We start at 8 & we're done at 3;

3) We don't have any DIN access in our classroom (ergo I'm not posting on here!!);

4) I walk down to the office of an EME WO I know and log in to his computer (if it's avail) during my lunch hour perhaps once a week);

5) What looks to you like a post made at 1:30 pm on the east coast, is actually a post made by me here in Ont at 12:30 pm (ie during my lunch);

6) and seeing as how my course is done (ie my workday) at 1500 my time, any post I make between then and 1600hrs is actually done on "MY" time - but again just goes towards showing that you actually don't know much about me at all - nothing really; and

7) Good luck with that - fill your boots.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Slip-On's "TRANSMISSIONS"

DEU's - Brass "TRANS"

W/O, I'll see if I can find mine and get a pic. They made me take 'em off when I got posted out west.

B7,

Thanks for that. I knew I wasn't having hallucinations, but Mr. Wallace had me worried for a bit there!!  :)

Thanks for the backing Vern.  I knew I wasn't seeing things and I've been around enough to know the difference in shoulder tabs.
:salute:

Wow

We can haul out all the dress regs written in the CF, most RSMs have certain quirks as to be what can be worn at their unit and what can't, I'm sure if TN2ICs has a problem with them wearing "Trucker" slip ons he'll let them know.

WRT paying for them, I'd think his unit has just as capable as figuring that out as anyone, maybe they're going to use NPF money or pay for them all on their own but I highly doubt his unit is going to be taking financial direction from posts on Army.ca (thats not meant to be a slight on this site at all).

It will be my RSM approving them anyways, for the CFSDC this year. We are hosting the regional/locals this year. We wear ball caps while there, I see no problem in the epaulet's. I"ve spoke to him about it before, and he seems to be very intrested in it. I just need to present it to the committee in the New Year.

CFSDC : Canadian Forces Safe Driving Championship  aka Trucker Rodeo

Regards,
TN2IC

Actually, I think it's a good idea that separates "us" form "them".  A nice thing to have on your shirt at the Roadeo.  Next thing you know, the Navy will be wearing thier ball caps or other headdress with the ships name on it...I'm getting tired of wearing LOG and boneheads thinking I'm a clerk or supply tech. 
We need a Trucker smilie...
driving.gif

Back