• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Trucker" Epaulettes

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know the photo of the "Trucker" Epaulet in CADPAT? I want to get a bunch made, but I need the pic to present it. Hopfully we will be giving them out at the CFSDC this year.

Regards,
TN2IC

There is a specific slipon for truckers?

I thought you wore the LOG slipons and a wagon wheel brassard?

NFLD Sapper said:
There is a specific slipon for truckers?

I thought you wore the LOG slipons and a wagon wheel brassard?

Isn' the wagon wheel brassard for Movements/Traffic Techs?

An yea I was under the assumption that Truckers wore LOG or unit slip ons(ex 1 SVC BN)

It's more of a custom one.. it has been seen among the Reg Force SVC BN's.

If it is a custom job I would suggest you get Wheelers/CP Gear to do them for y'a

I am... I just need the photo for my presention to the BTnO, for the go ahead on the order. I"ve seen it online before. But got a major brain fart on where. Any leads?

I've seen this before; they're not unlike the 'morale patches', or crew patches ofter seen on tour with the battlegroup. It's one of those things that only seems to fly overseas, and then only with the right chain of command. I'd be surprised to see it last more than a day or two here at home.

-Skeletor- said:
Isn' the wagon wheel brassard for Movements/Traffic Techs?

Yeh it is... it's our brother trade.

But the DEU trade badge for MSE Op is a wagon wheel too. Go figure.

TN2IC said:
I am... I just need the photo for my presention to the BTnO, for the go ahead on the order. I"ve seen it online before. But got a major brain fart on where. Any leads?

Not with public money, I hope.  If it's entitled, it will be issued - no local purchase required.  If it's not entitled, you have no right to spend public money on it.

Is this of any interest? It's the RCASC Transport Operator badge we used to wear:

dapaterson said:
Not with public money, I hope.  If it's entitled, it will be issued - no local purchase required.  If it's not entitled, you have no right to spend public money on it.

Or to wear it on his uniform ... as a joke maybe (once) ... but certainly not as a habitual item of dress ...

TN2IC,
There is no "Trucker" slip on per se as I've seen around.  Only "LOG" or "SVC BN". Not sure if 33 would go for it either.  Here in wonderful downtown Air Force, we have to wear "CANADA" in blue and the Land guys can wear LOG.
For some reason, I've seen some of the francophones running around here with TRANS (As in TRANSMISSIONS=SIGNALS) on thier LAND DEU instead of LOG ???
The Wagon Wheel brassard is for our Tfc tech brothers, except on DEU where we wear the wheel and they wear something esle...go figure the army  :blotto:
Regards, BYTD

BYT Driver said:
TN2IC,
There is no "Trucker" slip on per se as I've seen around.  Only "LOG" or "SVC BN". Not sure if 33 would go for it either.  Here in wonderful downtown Air Force, we have to wear "CANADA" in blue and the Land guys can wear LOG.
For some reason, I've seen some of the francophones running around here with TRANS (As in TRANSMISSIONS=SIGNALS) on thier LAND DEU instead of LOG ???
The Wagon Wheel brassard is for our Tfc tech brothers, except on DEU where we wear the wheel and they wear something esle...go figure the army  :blotto:
Regards, BYTD

Probably because Transmission/Signals ...

is part of the Transmission/Signals Br, not the Log Branch.  ;)

Slip-ons are authorized in either (or both) official languages ...

Ever seen an "EME" and a "GEMS" ; or an "Engineer" and a "Genie"?

???

I'm wondering how long it will take for someone to be anal and point out that epaulets are the parts of the shirt/tunic that the slipons go over..........not the part that has the embroidery.    >:D

Guess that would be me then.      :nod:

ArmyVern said:

It's actually the "C & E Branch", not Signals Branch.  Minor (and common) mistake.  :)

TF 1-08 Transport Platoon were all given one Arid CadPat  TRUCKER flash to be put on a to a Arid Slip on. It was purchased by the Platoon 2 ic (MWO). Funny story some actually tried to wear it into theatre, but were caught by the 1 ASG CWO, who was ex-RSM of 1 Svc. While in Winnipeg picking personnel from Shilo, he talked to the Senior Trucker on the chaulk, who had to correct the situation. I actually had to personally make sure they were exchanged for CANADA.

Occam said:
It's actually the "C & E Branch", not Signals Branch.  Minor (and common) mistake.  :)

I figured he'd understand what I meant. Communications & Email ( >:D) - rarely used at the street level. Sigs Br is understood with bottom-feeders like me.  ;D

Now that I re-read his post ... I think he may actually be suggesting that there are franco-truckers in Trenton wearing "Trans" shoulder-insignia on their Land Force DEU ... rather than their authorized "Log" shoulder-insignia.

1) If that's the case, they are in unauthorized dress; and

2) They are posing as members of C&E ... despite the cap-badge not matching the shoulder insignia.

IF that's the case, I've got 5 words for BYT:

PM me your RSMs name.

ArmyVern said:

Slip-ons are authorized in either (or both) official languages ...

Ever seen an "EME" and a "GEMS" ; or an "Engineer" and a "Genie"?
NO, Vern, one of our Truckers has TRANS for TRANSPORT when he was in Valcatraz...I even questioned him on it and he said that's what the Truckers wear there....    ^-^  Completely confused the heck outta me too!...Cuz I thought it stood for TRANSMISSIONS in french for the C& E crowd, which I was one for 51 weeks in wonderful Kingston.    :blotto:

Back