• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Process question

Johngalt24

Inactive
Reaction score
Tried to find it via google and searching the fourm but did not find an answer.

Is your medical and interview scheduled when you are selected for your trade (based off of CFAT and application), or is it done before hand (and eligibility is off the combined testing)?

Once you finish your CFAT/TSD you will be contacted for further processing. Now how long you will wait is anyone's guess. Seeing as you and me are dealing with the same RC I would guess you are in for a decent wait.

When it comes to processing Ottawa seems extra slow. But who knows, things could turn around quickly.

I don't know exactly what the processing is like at Ottawa but I can almost bet that it's the same here in New West. I have a in-demand trade and there is still positions for this current fiscal year that they need to fill, yet all I can get from my file manager is "Unfortunately I am not able to tell you estimated date." when I asked when I could see a scheduled date for my medical/interview.

Usually what is supposed to happen is you do the CFAT, then Medical, and then Interview.

J_M_J_D said:
I don't know exactly what the processing is like at Ottawa but I can almost bet that it's the same here in New West. I have a in-demand trade and there is still positions for this current fiscal year that they need to fill, yet all I can get from my file manager is "Unfortunately I am not able to tell you estimated date." when I asked when I could see a scheduled date for my medical/interview.

Usually what is supposed to happen is you do the CFAT, then Medical, and then Interview.

Yep, in October I was told 2 weeks. Then whoops we forgot to start your reliability screening come back in December, and in December it was new process we can't tell you when anything will happen. It sucks because all of my trades have been open for processing, and the way things look I'll probably be over a year before I have a med/int booked

Johngalt24 said:
Is your medical and interview scheduled when you are selected for your trade (based off of CFAT and application), or is it done before hand (and eligibility is off the combined testing)?

After completing your CFAT, assuming you qualified for your occupations, you will complete further processing. When this processing will occur is entirely dependent on: your competitiveness as an applicant, your preferred occupations and your CFRC. Once you complete the medical and interview (and other required entities such as ASC) you are put on the merit [selection] list. Once placed on this list you have the potential to be selected and in turn offered a job.

KerryBlue said:
Once you finish your CFAT/TSD you will be contacted for further processing. Now how long you will wait is anyone's guess. Seeing as you and me are dealing with the same RC I would guess you are in for a decent wait.

Do NOT count on them contacting you. YOU have to take that initiative and keep in touch with them.

Goose15 said:
Do NOT count on them contacting you. YOU have to take that initiative and keep in touch with them.

Oh believe me I know, I was living in rainbow land for a moment there.

KerryBlue said:
Oh believe me I know, I was living in rainbow land for a moment there.

:rofl: I was kinda wondering if you were hijacked there ;)

My response was more for the OP though as I thought you may have just been playing optimist :nod:

Johngalt24 said:
Is possible to hound them too much?

I was really hoping to get into summer BMQ.

No, keep hounding Ottawa. They forgot to start my file transfer 2 times, and my persec. It was only because I was calling, or visiting once a week that they actually did what they said they were going to do. I too was hoping for a summer BMQ, and still am but my hopes ain't high..

Back