• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Process length

floodster06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am applying for ROTP. I completed my CFAT about a month and a half ago and qualified for everything (the recruiters words, don’t ask what ‘everything’ means). About 20 days ago I submitted my ROTP application which included my transcript and some questions directly to RMC. My question now is how long until I hear back about my medical / interview? I still have not received any word about that step. From what I’ve heard, it takes 1-2 months, but I’ve seen others saying they got it in a shorter period. Is it possible for them to deny your application before the medical / interview, and if so would they inform you that you have not been accepted? Thank you

From my experience (after completing my medical/interview from the PRes building), it took about a month from them to check my medical files and to green light it to move on to the background check phase. The duration can be anywhere from a week to a couple of months what I read from other applicants' experiences. And yes, it is possible for them to deny your medical if they deem you medically unfit. Assuming you haven't done your medical/interview portion yet, you'll probably hear back to setup an appointment with them within a couple of days to maybe weeks? Depends how busy they are.

Honestly, it varies from person to person, especially from what I've read and experienced. My experience has been quite fast for the first few steps (CFAT, Force Eval, Documents) and it has been three weeks since I was told that I'd hear about an appointment regarding my interview/medical but I haven't heard anything yet. There's no correct answer for the process length but you will hear back from them sooner or later regarding your application! Best of luck!

Hey everyone,

I am applying for ROTP. I completed my CFAT about a month and a half ago and qualified for everything (the recruiters words, don’t ask what ‘everything’ means). About 20 days ago I submitted my ROTP application which included my transcript and some questions directly to RMC. My question now is how long until I hear back about my medical / interview? I still have not received any word about that step. From what I’ve heard, it takes 1-2 months, but I’ve seen others saying they got it in a shorter period. Is it possible for them to deny your application before the medical / interview, and if so would they inform you that you have not been accepted? Thank you

Definitely varies.

I was notified a week after passing my CFAT that I wasn't eligible for ROTP. So yes it's possible for them to deny you before medical and interview, and if that's the case your application will be put on hold.

I resubmitted specifying that I want CIVI ROTP and now just waiting a response again.

Some people I did my CFAT with were given medical & interview same day.

Definitely varies.

I was notified a week after passing my CFAT that I wasn't eligible for ROTP. So yes it's possible for them to deny you before medical and interview, and if that's the case your application will be put on hold.
Why did they deny your application before medical/interview? Did they even share that with you or leave you in the dark about it?

Why did they deny your application before medical/interview? Did they even share that with you or leave you in the dark about it?

It's Because I didn't get accepted into RMC for the year.

My grades were right on the line of what's accepted + no pilot slots left for the year. Guess I wasn't a very competitive applicant at this point.

Hopefully the CIVI U ROTP route works out for me though, as I am currently enrolled in Uni this year.

If not, I'll just do some academic upgrading and apply again next year.

It's Because I didn't get accepted into RMC for the year.

My grades were right on the line of what's accepted + no pilot slots left for the year. Guess I wasn't a very competitive applicant at this point.

Hopefully the CIVI U ROTP route works out for me though, as I am currently enrolled in Uni this year.

If not, I'll just do some academic upgrading and apply again next year.
Unfortunate. Thanks for the clarification. Best of luck to you with your application!

no pilot slots left for the year.
Just curious, where did you hear this? I'm just starting my application for ROTP (pilot), but haven't heard anything about no more pilot slots. In fact, I was told by another friend that is applying that there's quite a few pilot ROTP slots this year.

CFRC called and told me that in August.

My pilot application is still being processed, for CIV-U now but that will be for the year of 2024 now.

CFRC called and told me that in August.

My pilot application is still being processed, for CIV-U now but that will be for the year of 2024 now.
I see, that makes much more sense. I thought you were saying there were no more spots for this year as in for those starting in Fall 2024. Thats a relief! Thanks

Back