• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP-RMC admission 2024 Fall

Shraddha

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Need your advice.. My son has give his interview for ROTP-RMC for Naval Warfare Officer and Logistics and is selected for it. The recruitment center told him that he will be put in a competition list as all his testing, interviews & medical are done. Can anyone advise the below :

1) By when should we get a confirmation of his selection ? This is important so that we are able to decide about the colleges/ university offers that we have a deadline to answer

2) Is the BMQ done after he joins RMC or before ?

We are not able to decipher any timelines and what next to do...
Thanks

To erase any confusion, being put on the competition list does not mean that you will receive an offer. It means that the file has been entirely processed (interview, medical, background...) and that it meets the minimum for the selected occupations.

Once the selection boards sits for ROTP, they will give out offers to top applicants. If they have 3 spots for logistics, the top 3 candidates on the list will be evaluated further. If you are selected, an offer is usually presented by email/phone call within 2 weeks.

ROTP selections are ongoing until July and offers might be given out anytime. The bulk of selections is usually done in early April.

Most do MOD 1 of BMOQ the summer before their 1st year at RMC. It is 4 or 5 weeks long and prepares cadets for the First Year Orientation at RMC. Mod 2 is usually done the summer at the end of Year 1. In some cases, a full BMOQ is done during the summer at the end of Year 1 instead of in parts.

If you are sure that you are on the competition list, all you can do now is wait for the (possible) offer.

To erase any confusion, being put on the competition list does not mean that you will receive an offer. It means that the file has been entirely processed (interview, medical, background...) and that it meets the minimum for the selected occupations.

Once the selection boards sits for ROTP, they will give out offers to top applicants. If they have 3 spots for logistics, the top 3 candidates on the list will be evaluated further. If you are selected, an offer is usually presented by email/phone call within 2 weeks.

ROTP selections are ongoing until July and offers might be given out anytime. The bulk of selections is usually done in early April.

Most do MOD 1 of BMOQ the summer before their 1st year at RMC. It is 4 or 5 weeks long and prepares cadets for the First Year Orientation at RMC. Mod 2 is usually done the summer at the end of Year 1. In some cases, a full BMOQ is done during the summer at the end of Year 1 instead of in parts.

If you are sure that you are on the competition list, all you can do now is wait for the (possible) offer.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

What if it says "selected"-does that mean we still have to wait for another selection board (RMC) to review?

What if it says "selected"-does that mean we still have to wait for another selection board (RMC) to review?
I am an applicant myself, but from what I gathered, there is some more processing involving ROTP selections. Someone said that RMC itself reviews all "selected" candidates for their academic potential, and only afterwards, the applicant receives an official offer. It is possible to be moved around from CL to Selected.

I am an applicant myself, but from what I gathered, there is some more processing involving ROTP selections. Someone said that RMC itself reviews all "selected" candidates for their academic potential, and only afterwards, the applicant receives an official offer. It is possible to be moved around from CL to Selected.
I see....that's alot of waiting!

All the best to you !

Hi, everyone! I am new here. I am applying for ROTP nursing officer, currently in my 2nd year of studies in the college of Nursing in a civilian University. I have been on the competition list since early march. Does anyone have any idea when would they be making selections for ROTP nursing officers ?

Hi, everyone! I am new here. I am applying for ROTP nursing officer, currently in my 2nd year of studies in the college of Nursing in a civilian University. I have been on the competition list since early march. Does anyone have any idea when would they be making selections for ROTP nursing officers ?
No one really knows when they do selections for each occupation. All we know is that they are ongoing until July, so you can get an offer between now and then. I know that for degrees not offered by RMC or civi-u, offers can go off outside of normal ROTP selections (april-may ish) as long there are spots left. New fiscal year begins on April 1st, so they will be sending out a lot of offers then. Best of luck!

No one really knows when they do selections for each occupation. All we know is that they are ongoing until July, so you can get an offer between now and then. I know that for degrees not offered by RMC or civi-u, offers can go off outside of normal ROTP selections (april-may ish) as long there are spots left. New fiscal year begins on April 1st, so they will be sending out a lot of offers then. Best of luck!
Thanks! I appreciate the reply.

Back