• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COC question

hicks22

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm week 12 of BMQ right now. I'm a hull tech reqruit going to esquimalt when I'm done here in st. Jean.
I'm getting married on the 23rd of December my question is will I get the proper information to be able to write a memo to be able to wear my DU at the ceramomy? I'd like to prepare it before I leave but I don't know who to address it to.
Can anyone help with that?
Thanks in advance.

You don't need permission to wear your uniform for your wedding.  Just make sure you check the appropriate box on your CF100 Leave Form that authorizes you to wear uniform on leave, and you're golden.

Occam said:
You don't need permission to wear your uniform for your wedding.  Just make sure you check the appropriate box on your CF100 Leave Form that authorizes you to wear uniform on leave, and you're golden.

That check box is only in relation to wearing of the uniform while on leave outside of Canada, IAW QR&O Vol 1, 17.04.

No special permission is required to wear your uniform while on leave in Canada. Subject to the obvious restriction that you mustn't do so in a scenario that might reflect discredit upon the CF or Canada. I'd suggest not wearing your mess kit to a rave, etc.

gcclarke said:
That check box is only in relation to wearing of the uniform while on leave outside of Canada, IAW QR&O Vol 1, 17.04.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Back