• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

after Basic

JustinIverson

Inactive
Reaction score
How many people move right into apartments from being posted becuase my gf wants to move in with me right away.. Anything would be help full here thnx agian

If she's paying part of the rent it would probably work out alright, but if she's expecting you to foot the bill on a Pte's salary, there's no chance that you could afford it.

It comes down to money, if you can afford it then go ahead, but if you can't then don't. That last thing you want is to be released for being an administrative burnden because of living beyond your means and getting into financial trouble.

It also depends what trade and what base you are posted to.

I know some bases won't let you move out until you complete your QL3 training and then still have to wait 6 months.

It is normally a case by case basis, so when you get to your new base, be sure to request to live off base and include the fact that you have a girlfriend to help pay the bills as Inch stated.

A Pte's salaray may seem like a lot for a new member, but it is hard to live on off base with.

Ya thanks guys i totally understand just wondered how often this happens kinda thing but yes i think if she's working full time it would be pretty easy to live but also hard at the same time

When I completed my BMQ there was a requirement for everyone to stay in the barracks until we were at least QL3 qualfied or had been there for at least a year (I beleive).  There were people who would chose to live off base in an apartment, but they did not receive PLD and as well they had to still pay for their quarters (It was around 70 bux a month).  As well, people that decided to live ashore (off base) were  still required to maintain their room in the barracks and be ready to stand by for rounds (inspections).  We had the option of de-linking our rations which meant we'd have to pay cash for all the food we ate at the Galley, but if you lived off base you didnt have to pay for the food.  Normally the rations cost around 300-400$ a month and are automatically deducted from your pay.

I think there are special considerations for people who are married and have children, the above may not apply to them.

This is what it is like in Esquimalt and probably Halifax as well.

Ryan

I hear you have to be in for atleast a year is in from when you start your BMQ because i wasn't too sure about that one. Thanks Ryan that did help out quite a bit though i myself am probally stay in the barracks for awhile maybe a year or two and see if i could move out with like a gf or army friend or something but ya thanks agian man.

Justin.

If your going on you QL3 and she is only your girl friend you can forget about it. But if you are common law or married and your course is more then 6 month or 6 month you can request a PMQ. In most base the PMQ will go to married, common law, single mom or dad first.
There is a chance you wont get one with your Girl friend. When you get to your base after you QL3 and say you got a PMQ get her to move her stuff to your place where it is store so she and you wont have to pay for her to move. It is realy hard to get by on a private salery in the PMQ  but there is always way. Keep looking a ask question.

Back