• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What will vision block?

nULL

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a quick question; I‘ve got a very mild vision prescription. Like, -0.75 and -1.25 with SLIGHT astigmatism in one eye. It is correctable with 20/20. I was just wondering what this will mean; what COULDN‘T I do in the combat arms? Is there anything where it‘s strictly real-eyes only?

if you get a V1-V3 Vison category, you can go into the Combat Arms

the only trade I can think of in the CF where you have to have 20/20 vision (uncorrected) is to be a Pilot

w00t i can be a pilot, but nah im scared of heights *nervous laugh* as again last night as i was watching the news as they were talking about the soldiers over in Afganistan (good luck over there ppl!) there was a funny message something like: "So now all they should do is; Carry a big gun, and a big smile, then they should be all right"
he envisized (cant spell that) the word "BIG GUN".

cause when i look on the dnd website I see all these 20/60 things...i was ranked 20/20, so i guess i would be 60/60? Someone explain...

Andrew Power,
What is "Security Surveillance Service" and who are you "Commanding Officer (Colonel)" of?

OK, thanks. I was considering saving up for LASIK surgery, but I guess contacts will be OK. Phew! I just wanted to make sure that I‘m not going to get blocked out of any trades/specialites (except pilot)
Cheers!

I have -4.25/-4.50 vision and the recruiting nco told me that i just barely had V-4 vision. So im guessing the cut-off point is around there. As for contacts, don‘t immediately think that you can wear them. It all depends on your Course Officer or your instructors. For some training, even if you are allowed to wear them any other time, they make you wear glasses (i.e. NBC Training). :cam: :crybaby:

What kind of glasses are worn at Basic? Birth Control Glasses (BCG) like in the US military?

You wear whatever glasses you own...they dont really care. You can buy military glasses that pretty much stick to your face and have a band that goes around your head. They are a really good investment i hear.

Are glasses issued or covered under medical? I thought regular glasses wouldn‘t fit under a gasmask, which is why the American‘s issue their BCG‘s.

When I was in, they were reimbursed to a certain amount, similar to Pvt Ins Co‘s.
I was also issued Combat Glasses which fit perfect in the Gas Mask. Believe me, you want a pair of them, if after Basic, you will be playing GAS GAS GAS alot. They are certanly, not your Calvin Klein flavour but they sure work well, looking out for those big holes in the ground.
Get some defogger stuff for them and they work sweet, playing army army army.

Unless, it has changed, you will not get the cbt specs issued while going through Basic.

Tc...
VVV

Back