• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to wear to the Interview.

Not necessarily.

You can schedule your tests on different days, if you so wish.

I did mine on two separate days.

For me its me better just to get them all done on one day. but i still have my phscial test to go which i dont when. they will tell probably onces i do my medical and interview and aptt

Well, today I got a call from the CFRC informing me that I have my interview on Wednesday Nov 2nd.  I was wondering if I should wear a suit? Is that over dressing? 

This question has been done to death. You can find your answer by doing a quick search.

However, i will give my own experience.

The interview at the CFRC is like any job interview. You should come dressed appropriately.
When i had my interview i wore dress pants and a dress shirt, and the 5-6 other people there for their interviews/medicals were wearing basically just a tshirt and jeans. Now i looked very over dressed comparing myself to them, but it was an interview and i came dressed appropriately for it.

That's as much of an answer i can give.

Do a search you will  get a lot more input.

when I went in to the interview I was wearing suite and tie, and the interviewer thanked me for dressing for the interview, the recuiter was tired of seeing the young ones wearing jeans and track suites. 

dress the part.

I recommend going bare-chested, wearing a kilt, the shrunken heads of the punks who made fun of you on the bus the other day tied around your neck on a hemp cord, a claymore strapped to your back and a kukhri in your belt, and at least half of your face daubed with blue woad war paint.

This will effectively communicate your intrinsic motivation, dedication to the aims of the organization, and your latent aggressiveness, as well as your deep-seated desire to rise above the rest. Plus, the look-cool factor is unbeatable.  8)

Or you can do what I did and meekly wear your cleanest Sears suit to the interview.

I wore dress slacks and a light sweater, business attire.

Best advice I was ever given was dress like you were working there already. Since you don't have a uniform, wear slacks, dress shirt and a tie.

"Was that a furnished or unfurnished suite? "

when I was wearing it, it was furnished,

stupid 'e" just snuck in there :-[

embarrassed

I wore Jeans, a T-Shirt with no sleeves and a sweatshirt ..and I actually had my interview today, but I had to do the fitness and have a medical before hand so nobody hastled me about it.

I wore a striped collard shirt, and some nice, clean jeans, only because I had to go right to school after the interview to make a physics test. I feel like I was dressed well for the occasion, but not over-dressed. I'll definitely be wearing a suit when I get sworn in.

I'd go in uniform

Borrow mine.  Its ok  :D :D ;D

They'd love to see that dedication

I did my interview about 5 minutes after my PT test... I was all sweaty and dressed in jogging pants and a t-shirt!

FITSUMO said:
when I went in to the interview I was wearing suite and tie, and the interviewer thanked me for dressing for the interview, the recuiter was tired of seeing the young ones wearing jeans and track suites. 

dress the part.

The same happened to me. I was wearing suite and tie and the recruiter told me that I was a serious and proud recruit. Make sure to shine your shoes. That was the first thing the recruiter spoted on me.

You guys are all wrong.

Go out and buy a full set of cbts from an army surplus store - Canadian or otherwise.

Then buy some 18 hole doc martens, and a sidearm - a gold plated desert eagle will do nicely.

get some body armour, and then cam your face like Kurt Russel in "Soldier"

Walk into the recruiting center brandishing your sidearm, and only speak in grunts and monosyllabic words to the staff.

If they require paperwork, crumple it up and throw it on the floor at their feet - this will demonstrate your disdain for paperwork and further cement your reputation as a "hardcore" troop

If they call security (or the Police) demonstrate your martial arts skills - dont worry, it is all part of the test.

Or you could wear a suit... it is an interview.

Guardian said:
I recommend going bare-chested, wearing a kilt, the shrunken heads of the punks who made fun of you on the bus the other day tied around your neck on a hemp cord, a claymore strapped to your back and a kukhri in your belt, and at least half of your face daubed with blue woad war paint.

This will effectively communicate your intrinsic motivation, dedication to the aims of the organization, and your latent aggressiveness, as well as your deep-seated desire to rise above the rest. Plus, the look-cool factor is unbeatable.  8)
i think ill do this for my interview what do you guys think my chances are im betting on police  ;D

Staff edit for tone, content, inappropriate slur/description.

Noob Saibot said:
ps  it says we can edit posts? how and where?  mine wont? cause im new?

Welcome to Army.ca.

You need to read our posting policies and guidelines.

https://army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

Your post is inappropriate on many levels. I’ll remove it for you to save you some embarrassment, and as not to degrade the look and tone of our site further.

Staff works hard to maintain a specific level of professionalism on this forum. Your style of posting is best suited elsewhere. However, if you’d like to post informed content, present your thoughts in a constructive and professional manner, and take the time to read thoroughly, then you’re more than welcome to participate.

Back