• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What should be said???

fleeingjam

Inactive
Reaction score
What should be said when you ask someone to join the army and they say "its only like 2 people dud whats the use" or when the CF is made fun of? Should be patriotic about it?

I believe there are 60 000 people in the Canadian forces as opposed to 120 000 back in the fifties. Yet we are one of few nations to aid UN peace keeping as much as we do. Canada is not about liberating a country when the question of whether or not they want to be liberated is in question, Canada is about mediations and negotiations.

Just as we do not settle conflicts by fighting to the death, wars will eventually evolve as well. That is to say there will always be war, but eventually it will be impossible when every nation has nuclear bombs it will be futile to fight as one country could just as easily blow the other one away.

Thus Canadians theory of peaceful mediation will soon be adopted by all countries, and by soon I do not mean within the next few decades, or centuries for that matter.

Just as we do not settle conflicts by fighting to the death, wars will eventually evolve as well. That is to say there will always be war, but eventually it will be impossible when every nation has nuclear bombs it will be futile to fight as one country could just as easily blow the other one away.

Thus Canadians theory of peaceful mediation will soon be adopted by all countries, and by soon I do not mean within the next few decades, or centuries for that matter.
You think that if every country in the world had nuclear weapons it would be impossible to fight a war?
You think it would be futile to go to war with a country that develops nuclear weapons, who really has no business having them?

I have to disagree.

What makes you think that the world is going to adopt Canadas "peaceful mediation"?
I seriously doubt the world is going to go the way of Star Trek any time soon.
And centuries is not soon. Think of the rate of advancement in technology in the last 2 or 3 decades.
When I was 9, the only computers anyone had were commodore 64‘s, those were only slightly more advanced than an Atari, that was less than 20 years ago.
I had a record player, "tapes" were a fad, at least to the older generation, and now here we are on the brink of the extinction of the CD. The superior technology exists, only the record companies need to figure out how they will effectively market music over the internet. Personaly I haven‘t bought a CD in the last 3 years that wasn‘t a cd/dvd combo. If its just music, you can just download it.

Just think of how far society has advanced since the harnessing of electricity. In the last few decades our technology has been squaring, and we use our new inventions to help us make newer inventions and on and on.

Russia was still whole, Berlin had a wall through the middle of it, China was China and no one would have dreamed that they would ever hold the Olympics.

If we were to fast forward 200 years the world would be unrecognisable. It could hardly be considered soon. We will almost certainly have people colonising other planets, and Canada as we know it may very well not exist anymore.

What should be said when you ask someone to join the army and they say "its only like 2 people dud whats the use" or when the CF is made fun of? Should be patriotic about it?
As for this, maybe your English is weak and I‘m misunderstanding you, but are you saying you asked someone else to join the army?
Because if so, its not your place to ask someone to do that and you shouldnt say anything at all.

If you‘re talking generally about people who say negative things about the military, and should you be patriotic (stick up for the military?). My answer would be that it‘s not your responsibility to stick up for the CAF to every idiot on the street, especially if you‘re not even in it.

If youre having a hard time with your friends, and they keep pestering you about your choice to apply, then the best thing to do is to tell them why you feel its important, and why it means something to you to serve your country.
If they can‘t accept that, then they aren‘t very good friends. A good friend will support all your decisions that aren‘t self destuctive, even if they don‘t understand your motivation.

Back