• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UPDATE ON PAY ADJUSTMENTS - CANFORGEN 155

hi folks!

My question is: What's up with the troops who were overseas in 2004, paid tax free and stuff, reference the back pay from Apr 01 2004?

Honesty

honestyrules said:
hi folks!

My question is: What's up with the troops who were overseas in 2004, paid tax free and stuff, reference the back pay from Apr 01 2004?

Honesty

I would say we won't be taxed on the portion of our back pay we earned while serving on a mission where we were exempt from paying tax.

chaos75 said:
More fuel for the fire...

The CF pay system is down today for a 'major system update'...

In my past experience with the CCPS (Pay System) something such as a major system update is generally a good indication that something is going on.

Inch said:
..... you could always take an advance if you really want the cash sooner.

Even if the pay increase is posted this week, any Pay Office would be out of their minds to issue advances on it.   The line-ups in the OR and at the Cashier would be enormous.   I know the question of issuing advances on backpay came up in 2000-2001 I believe and there was no way it could be done.   If you issue an advance for 1 person then you have to issue an advance for everyone!!!

So picture this one!!!  

The back pay is posted to your Pay Guide, Payroll review for end Feb pay will be done this week also.   You go in on Tuesday to get an advance.   On Wednesday pay review has been completed and then on Thursday the Pay Office processes the Tuesday AR's from the Cashier with all these advances.   Your back pay has been approved in the system, technically sent to the bank for end-Feb and then the Advance is processed.   You are now going to receive your back-pay twice, once from the advance and once from your bank.   So guess how much money you are going to be paid in March?????   "ZERO" because now they have to recover the overpayment because of the advance you took.

Think it can't happen?   Think again, been there and seen it all from the opposite side of the counter as the IC PON and it ain't pretty.   There is nothing worse when crap like this happens because someone thinks issuing an advance is the right thing to do.

Now did you really need that advance now or could you have waited 20 days?

For immediate release
January 27, 2005
Ottawa - Reg Alcock, President of the Treasury Board, today released the following statement, after the results of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) ratification votes were made public:
"I am pleased to announce that, since a majority of PSAC members have voted in favour of ratifying their collective agreements, we will now contact the bargaining agent to coordinate the signing of collective agreements.
The agreements provide fair and reasonable compensation for the valuable work that federal public servants perform across Canada every day, while ensuring that we continue to spend the tax dollars of all Canadians in a fiscally responsible way.
The agreements we have reached with PSAC provide for increases of 2.5% starting in 2003, 2.25% starting in 2004, 2.4% starting in 2005, and 2.5% starting in 2006, for a total cumulative increase of 10% over four years. In the case of our employees in the Operational Services Group (Table 2), the agreement also includes a special provision that takes into account wages paid in the private sector for comparable work in various regions across Canada.
I would like to thank all Canadians for their patience throughout the collective-bargaining process. I look forward to continuing to work with all public servants, as we strive to meet the challenges of change together."
- 30 -

Has anyone found the new official release on the DIN? If so, could you post it here for those of us unfortunate enough to not have easy access to a DIN computer?

Thanks,

Was back to work today after killing a week of annual leave, and was told of a bogus pay message that was released by someone in the Atlantic Area last week. I am seeking confirmation.

For DIN users here is the CANFORGEN website:
http://vcds.mil.ca/vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/intro_e.asp

Will these rates apply to us? or will the big 6.6 % now and 2.5% in Apr rumor hold true?

404SqnAVSTeach,  Can you post a link to the original document that you quoted.

Thanks

Nothing on the CANFORGEN page yet today (07 feb 05) 1059hrs LFWA time, so thats what 1259 Ottawa time, have to wait and shoot when the target apperes, till the CANFORGEN is out,

Iits all hear say " A pay Clerk in Cold Lake heared from a Pay clerk in Gagetown that his Neighbors cousin lives down the street from a guy that heared we are getting a 50% raise.

Safe the world time and buy your own hose and pack of smokes and do the job yourselve.

SigPooterGeek said:
I have been shown a printout of the expected pay increases.  I admit that what I was shown was simply an Excel spreadsheet with our old payrates, the percentage increase (6.8% backpaid to 01 Apr 04 and 2.4% coming 01 Apr 05), and the expected backpay (without yearly incentive breaks).  I have been assured that this has come from Ottawa and will be seen on end Feb's pay.

On the other hand,  the electronic paystubs are available...mine shows nothing for the end of Feb....not overly surprizing.......

ADT

SigPooterGeek

This page  http://army.ca/forums/threads/23888.45.html

or http://army.ca/forums/threads/23888.30.html (last thread on page)

Navalsnpr said:
404SqnAVSTeach,  Can you post a link to the original document that you quoted.

Thanks

My Apoligies... I received an email this morning.  My source stated that it was about the raise.  I simply copied and pasted without reading it.  :-[  I did not have the time to check it out since I was in between classes.  For the Gentleman that was shown the Excel document, if it is the same as my source... WO in Gagetown; the excell document is not a official document.  Plus it doesn't have the Specs pays.  Two of my students (from Comox) told me that their Unit annouced the Pay Raise and I forgot the numbers.  :-[  I'll keep you posted. 

Email just came out:

There is an unofficial spread sheet is being widely circulated throughout the CF concerning information related to a speculated pay increase announcement. Be advised that this information does not represent a Government or DND announcement of a pay raise. Official notification of any pay related matters will be announced through a CANFORGEN if and when they occur.

My advie to to wait for the official word. The rest is just rumour and speculation

I'd post the excel sheet if I knew but you are right it isn't official as of yet.

The last time a "retroactive" came down the pipe there was a similar spreadsheet circulating and once again the source was similar (makes me wonder why Gagetown always has it before anyone else).  Mind you the figures at that time were close, but not accurate.  I personally pressed someone who is "definitely" in the know and they wouldn't give me figures.  There only comment was "It will be more than you have seen in the past."

CFL said:
Any dates?

The date for the announcement was contingent upon PSAC announcing the ratification/signing of there new contracts.   They had hoped to have the CANFORGEN out by the end of January, but that date has come and gone.   Several other things to consider now are that we have a new CDS and also the tabling of the Federal Budget later this month.   Either of those two items could be delaying the process.   With all the "reliable"   ::)   information floating around bases now regarding this, I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't come out and make the "announcement" or make yet another "announcement of non-announcement".

This reminds me of 2000 when people were waiting for the details back then and a spreadsheet and message suddenly appeared out of nowhere.   The figures looked believeable and the message was genuine.   Problem was people were so excited, they never bothered to look at the dates because the message was a prior year announcement and the spread sheet someone built based on that.    :D

There are people who know what it is, but I don't think you will see them posting it here.

Back