• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UPDATE ON PAY ADJUSTMENTS - CANFORGEN 155

Gunner

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
CANFORGEN 155/04 ADM(HR-MIL) 083 171309Z DEC 04
STATUS OF PAY ADJUSTMENTS FOR ALL CF MEMBERS - FY 04/05
UNCLASSIFIED
REFS: A. CANFORGEN 058/04 ADMHR MIL 031 161332Z APR 04 - PAY INCREASE - 1 APR 04 <058-04_e.asp>
B. CANFORGEN 134/04 ADM HR MIL 076 291303Z OCT 04 - GENERAL SERVICE OFFICER/NCM PAY ADJUSTMENT - FY 04/05 <134-04_e.asp>
THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE TO ALL CF MEMBERS ON THE STATUS OF THEIR FY 04/05 PAY ADJUSTMENTS
GSO/PILOT/NCM (LCOL AND BELOW)/MED/DENT OFFR (LT AND BELOW). REFS A AND B EXPLAINED THAT PAY ADJUSTMENTS FOR CF MBRS ARE BASED ON TOTAL COMPENSATION COMPARABILITY WITH BENCHMARKED OCCUPATIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE. A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF TENTATIVE AGREEMENTS WERE REACHED IN LATE OCT. HOWEVER, THE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE IMPACT OF THESE AGREEMENTS ON CF MBRS COMPENSATION ONLY BECAME AVAILABLE IN LATE NOV. CF AND TBS OFFICIALS ARE ACTIVELY WORKING THIS ISSUE AND GOOD PROGRESS IS BEING MADE. I ANTICIPATE THAT THIS WORK WILL BE COMPLETED BY END JAN 05
LEGAL OFFICERS - CAPT TO LCOL. THE PAY OF LEGAL OFFRS IS BASED ON BROAD COMPARABILITY TO THE PAY OF DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (DOJ) LAWYERS PLUS AN ADDITIONAL COMPONENT TO RECOGNIZE THE DISTINCTIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF MILITARY SERVICE. THE PUBLIC SERVICE MODERNIZATION ACT INCLUDED A PROVISION THAT DOJ LAWYERS WILL NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY BE CONSIDERED TO BE MANAGERIAL OR CONFIDENTIAL AND THUS EXCLUDED FROM COLLECTIVE BARGAINING. DOJ LAWYERS HAVE INDICATED THEIR INTENT TO FORM AN ASSOCIATION AND NEGOTIATE THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT THROUGH THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS. IMPLEMENTING THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK TO SUPPORT THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS WILL TAKE TIME. TO THIS END, INTERIM ARRANGEMENTS ARE BEING CONSIDERED FOR FY04/05 ADJUSTMENTS. ADDITIONAL INFO IS EXPECTED EARLY IN THE NEW YEAR
MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS - CAPT TO COL. THE PAY OF MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS IS BASED UPON BROAD COMPARABILITY WITH THE NET INCOMES OF PHYSICIANS IN PRIVATE PRACTICE PLUS AN ADDITIONAL COMPONENT TO RECOGNIZE THE DISTINCTIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF MILITARY SERVICE. HERE AGAIN, CF AND TBS OFFICIALS ARE ACTIVELY WORKING THIS ISSUE AND GOOD PROGRESS IS BEING MADE AND I ANTICIPATE THAT THIS WORK WILL ALSO BE COMPLETED BY END JAN 05
GENERAL/FLAG OFFICERS AND COLS/CAPT(N) INCLUDING LEGAL OFFRS OF THE RANK OF COL/CAPT(N). THE PAY OF SNR OFFRS IS BASED ON BROAD COMPARABILITY TO THE EXECUTIVE GROUP OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE. AS YOU MIGHT BE AWARE, THE GOVT RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THE EX GROUP WOULD BE AWARDED AN INCREASE OF 2.5 PERCENT EFF 1 APR 04. BY CDS DIRECTION, THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SNR OFFRS INCREASE WILL NOT OCCUR UNTIL WE ARE IN A POSITION TO SIMULTANEOUSLY ACTION THE GSO/NCM PAY ADJUSTMENT
ALTHOUGH THE DELAY HAS BEEN LENGTHY, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND ONCE AGAIN GIVE YOU MY ASSURANCES THAT, REGARDLESS OF WHEN ANNOUNCED AND IMPLEMENTED, THE PAY ADJUSTMENTS FOR ALL CF MBRS WILL BE RETROACTIVE 1 APR 04. THIS MSG IS TO BE GIVEN WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION.

Awesome
GOVT RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THE EX GROUP WOULD BE AWARDED AN INCREASE OF 2.5 PERCENT EFF 1 APR 04

Thats gonna be a nice chunk of change so maby I can buy a car ;D

I was just thinking the same thing ammo..

Awesome

GOVT RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THE EX GROUP WOULD BE AWARDED AN INCREASE OF 2.5 PERCENT EFF 1 APR 04

Thats gonna be a nice chunk of change so maby I can buy a car

Read the Canforgen again bud.  They stated that they won't have a answer until late Jan 05.

foerestedwarrior said:
Awesome

Thats gonna be a nice chunk of change so maby I can buy a car ;D

Actually, it's not going to be much, as a Capt (Plt) I'm going to see a raise of about $126/month if we get a 2.5% raise. Or roughly 6 bucks per working day, not exactly gonna break the bank if you ask me. For a Cpl, a 2.5% raise will give you less than 100 bucks more a month and since you're a reservist, you'll probably get back paid about 200 bucks after taxes depending on how much you've worked since Apr.

Yea very true but right now most people are banking on the back pay to 01 APR 04....nice chunk of change.  But your right probably not enough for a car :)

MJP said:
Yea very true but right now most people are banking on the back pay to 01 APR 04....nice chunk of change.   But your right probably not enough for a car :)

Don't get me wrong, it will be nice. I guess I'm a little jaded about how great it's going to be since I got a 5 figure back pay in Apr, there isn't a whole lot that can compare to doubling your income for the first 4 months on one paycheck.

Inch said:
Don't get me wrong, it will be nice. I guess I'm a little jaded about how great it's going to be since I got a 5 figure back pay in Apr, there isn't a whole lot that can compare to doubling your income for the first 4 months on one paycheck.

Well la di da !!!! Inch...makes me want to puke...............jk

aesop081 said:
Well la di da !!!! Inch...makes me want to puke...............jk

Hey man, hate the game, not the player!  ;D

Odd how some of the PSAC tables wont release the result of the strike vote they took in beginning of Dec until the end of Jan and this CANFORGEN says that the final raises should be available by end of Jan...

Inch said:
Hey man, hate the game, not the player!   ;D

Speaking of game............freindship dues........pay up Inch...you can afford it !! :threat:

Im not exactly understanding this particular CANFORGEN,

does this 'pay raise' include all NCM rservists as well or is it trade specific i.e. not infantry???

if i understand the rest,  it is retroactive to Apr 2004, which will be a nice bit of cash for me, Half of BMQ, SQ, BIQ, SG04, and all the training at the unit since the summer.

GSO/PILOT/NCM (LCOL AND BELOW)/MED/DENT OFFR (LT AND BELOW).

GSO is general service officers.   Pilots, Med O's, Dentists and Lawyers have different pay tables than GSOs. Generals are considered Flag officers and not GSOs which is why there's the paragraph for them too. There are multiple pay levels and tables for officers, that's why it states which ones will get the raise. NCMs only have the one pay table which includes spec pay for trades like AVN, etc. So if it says NCMs are getting a raise, as long as you don't have bars on your shoulders, you'll get the raise.

It may not be 'breaking the bank', but the backpay will sure me nice for us starving student types.  ;D

It may be a hundred bucks a month, but its better in my pocket then the governments!  Suspect we still won't get it until mid march though.

??? Hey does anyone know what happened to the pay increase we should have seen? I think 2/3 of civilian contracts have been fulfilled (or have they?) and are they waiting to fill the rest before they fulfill our own?
It would be nice to serve those who serve.
PS (rant) Nice of them to take away spec pay for spec trades until QL5 qualified!  :mad:  I don't think it is entirely fair that all the re-musters got it (to keep spec pay), I realize
that they have to repay if they fail out, but shouldn't it include componet transfers like me who got in before the "deadline"?  I could go on but, I will see what others have to say.

fcseme said:
??? Hey does anyone know what happened to the pay increase we should have seen? I think 2/3 of civilian contracts have been fulfilled (or have they?) and are they waiting to fill the rest before they fulfill our own?
It would be nice to serve those who serve.
PS (rant) Nice of them to take away spec pay for spec trades until QL5 qualified!   :mad:   I don't think it is entirely fair that all the re-musters got it (to keep spec pay), I realize
that they have to repay if they fail out, but shouldn't it include componet transfers like me who got in before the "deadline"?   I could go on but, I will see what others have to say.

I was one of the remusters that were affected by the change in policy.  The CANFORGEN ststed that, effective 01 aug 04, there would be a division in the spec trade of MOC and MOC (junior).  ALL personel coming into a spec trade ( remusters or new memebers) as of that date would not receive spec pay until QL5A qualified.  Those of us who remustered to a spec trdae prior to the new policy comming into effect kept the spec pay associated with the fact that we were coming in as corporals.  This took some time to sort out.  On the october 15 pay, DND cancelled our spec pay, and recovered all the spec pay paid to us since 01 aug !!  This was pointed out to the pay office an dpromptly rectified.

BTW, you do not have to repay the spec pay if you fail, this was one fo the first questions i asked when i got my OT.

So now you know why remusters got to keep their spec pay....time in has its priviledges !

Back