• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

They already have an "offer" on me?

arctictern

Inactive
Reaction score
The last time I talked to my recruiter he said I should be getting a phone call soon because they have an "offer" on me or something. He wouldn't tell me anything else except that I need to just wait it out. So what did he mean when he said theres an offer on me?

Once you've been merit listed, and they send your file to a selection board, when you get picked, they "offer" you a job. It's not an offer on you, more like an offer for you. It'll most likely be soon because alot of selection boards are starting in the next few weeks. I know mine is on the 15th, my fingers are crossed. Good luck!

Do you get an offer after you have finished all your testing?

You may and may not, depends on whether you get selected or not.

I was selected before every test were done, And I was curious to see if it was normal or if it happened often.

SEB123 said:
I was selected before every test were done, And I was curious to see if it was normal or if it happened often.

Its possible for you to be selected prior to all the tests being complete.  The main tests are the CFAT and the interview.  My recruiter told me that my name and file can be presented to the selection board with those, and an offer could be made.  They hold the right to retract that offer if you fail the PT test or if there are problems with your medical.

Raptor said:
Its possible for you to be selected prior to all the tests being complete.   The main tests are the CFAT and the interview.   My recruiter told me that my name and file can be presented to the selection board with those, and an offer could be made.   They hold the right to retract that offer if you fail the PT test or if there are problems with your medical.

Could an actual online recruiter, or informed member of the staff, comment on this please...

I was told the same thing by my interviewer (a Capt.): "We will Merit List you Pending Medical File's Return from Borden" only to be told after having finalized my med exam 2 weeks later (by a Cpl) that this was no longer allowed. I would therefore subsequently miss the Selection Board date (Sept, 15th) & would have to wait for my file's "proper" completion (Med must be back from Borden) to be Merit Listed for the next Board.
I've tried contacting the Capt. for info, but haven't gotten any calls back so far...

Anyone out there w/the straight facts?

they still do it , about 2 month ago they did it for me

SEB123 said:
they still do it , about 2 month ago they did it for me

Was it done at your request or at the CF's discretion ? Who did you speak to in particular?

Back