• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2009 BMQ

NFLD Sapper said:
And what's wrong with Gander?

;D

Nothing at all, I spent three years there.  That's where my daughter was born.  :nod:

I spoke to a guy who is in comm research. He just got posted to anchorage Alaska for 3 years. I'm hoping for the esquimalt posting at some point nice weather there. Anyone here told to arrive at st Jean for 8pm

PMedMoe said:
Nothing at all, I spent three years there.  That's where my daughter was born.  :nod:

My very first posting was Goose Bay. Yes it got cold as hell in the winter, but it was the best social life I have ever had.  My daughter was born there.

Guess we know what happens in the cold winters of strange postings, Moe.

Steve
:cdn:

Polish-GIJOE said:
Strange im going there for the 28th and my sheet said be there by 8:00pm

To St-jean? I was told to show up at CFLRS sunday september 27th before 1700. I was told this at the recruitment centre in Montreal. I don't have any sheets telling me when to show up specifically.

SRVjake said:
To St-jean? I was told to show up at CFLRS sunday september 27th before 1700. I was told this at the recruitment centre in Montreal. I don't have any sheets telling me when to show up specifically.

sorry i ment show up on sunday but by 8pm, oh well better earlier than later.. i'll see you there.

yea 2 more days and i have not even gotten my kit yet :S all i know is that im sooo out of shape, i pant going up stairs, so i know its gonna be tough the first couple of weeks, anyone wanna meet in st jean before we all go to the plex. let me know!

Polish-GIJOE said:
yea 2 more days and i have not even gotten my kit yet

You get issued your kit after you arrive in St Jean........unless you are talking about the things on the list of things to bring.......then now is the time to get out and buy them.

Polish-GIJOE said:
:S all i know is that im sooo out of shape, i pant going up stairs, so i know its gonna be tough the first couple of weeks, anyone wanna meet in st jean before we all go to the plex. let me know!

That doesn't sound too good.  You may not make it through BMQ if that is the case.  You may be lucky to remain in WTF..........You should read up a little more, before you leave in two days, as to what to expect PT wise at St Jean.  You have been warned. 

Polish-GIJOE said:
yea 2 more days and i have not even gotten my kit yet :S all i know is that im sooo out of shape, i pant going up stairs, so i know its gonna be tough the first couple of weeks, anyone wanna meet in st jean before we all go to the plex. let me know!

I agree with George. That doesn't sound very good. How many stairs are we talking that causes you to be out of breath? And are you really running up them?

Also, I really hope that you've bought at least some things. You can't buy everything there. I have at least half (if not more) of the list already.

I have like everything ready from the list... except for laundry detergent and hangars, I expect those to be at the Canex.

okay lol i think i may have exaggerated a bit. im 6'1 weight about 215lbs, so im not huge or anything, im just gonna have to get used to running, i know my muscles wil be soar after the first workout because they havn't really been used much, but give it a week and all should be fine,  my gf is going to go get my stuff tomorrow with her mom as a present for getting in, ( her whole family is army ) but i have been practicing getting up at 5am , that was hard, im not a morning person. 

well congrats to all that will be there on the 28th.

I'm pumped and nervous for Monday! It'll be such a lifestyle change for me.

I'm "Pte recruit Bordeleau" or jake and i'll see you guys sunday.

well pressure is on for me, my gf's dad retired as a chief warrant her brother is a sniper ( infantry ) , her uncle and brothe rin law are military aswell, so they all expect me to do very well lol. best advice  he gave me was shut up listen , and don;t be the best but dont be the worst, nor a hero

Yeah thats the same stuff my dad told me, not first not last never the hero and never be the best lol. I dunno the pt thing is gunna be killer for me at first but i'll get used to it im not horribly out of shape... and whats the worst that can happen? Send me home to my parents who are both military and who will tell me work my butt off and try again in like a year lol

I'm leaving in less than 24 hours! Heading up by train. Can't wait! 8)

Back