• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2009 BMQ

awesome i'll see all you guys there. anyone nervous at all ?  lol or anyone here in bad shape ?

I'm sure just about everyone will be nervous, even if they don't say that they are. You just gotta remember that it's lots of head games to test your strength both physically and mentally. I'd like to think that I'm in decent shape, but I could be wrong when I get there. Lots of people will probably be out of shape when they go, which is why they suggest to start exercising as much as you can before you leave to make it easier for you.

rex2285 said:
Got my call today for Veh Tech...swearing in Sept.4, flying to Borden Sept.12, BMQ starts Sept.14.  ;D

got the call today for crewman, see you in borden

you're right  during my interview the guy said  its all a head game, even if he sais something isn't ironed well doesn't mean it isn't, stuff like that.. and yea im nervous, especially for the 13km march, i hate walking lol,  but its good for me.

I'm with ya on that one. I gotta get running almost every day so that I won't have troubles with the 13k march or the 5k runs.

I got my call and will be heading to Borden for the course starting on the 14th.  Got my 3rd pick which was Artillery.

I was called yesterday saying to report on the 12th instead of the 13th, Anyone else get the same instructions?

Luckily I only live a little over an hours drive from Borden.

dowsolo said:
I was called yesterday saying to report on the 12th instead of the 13th, Anyone else get the same instructions?

[quote author=CDN Aviator]They gave you dates....for YOU......i doesnt matter what dates they give to other people.[/quote]

CFLRS Det Borden normally wants recruits to be on the ground the Saturday prior to training starting. This allows staff time to get administration completed on Sunday and the course starting on Monday. As always confirm your travel information with your CFRC before departing.

kratz said:
CFLRS Det Borden normally wants recruits to be on the ground the Saturday prior to training starting. This allows staff time to get administration completed on Sunday and the course starting on Monday. As always confirm your travel information with your CFRC before departing.

Extra time to make sure everything is in order is always a good idea when its possible.  Thanks for explaining why.

I have to go down to my recruiting centre on monday for the final paperwork and swearing in, so I will have lots of opportunity to confirm all the arrangements.  :)

erikh said:
Lucky ducks... I've been waiting for the call since last Thursday. :whistle:

if you havn't received your call yet you may end up goin in october.. He said i was lucky to be leaving in september, if not because of my trade, i would be waiting untill next April :s  what  did you apply for ?

Does this sound right? I was told my start date for basic will be Sept. 8th but to come on the 7th but the 7th is a monday and the 8th a tuesday. After reading a bunch of posts they usually ask you to come on the sunday and you start the monday. I will check when I do my enrollment ceremony but I was just wondering does this sound right?

Danteh, Monday the 7th is a holiday, and yes, I believe the course does start on 8 Sep (so I've been told).

Monday Sept 7 is a holiday (Labour Day), so yes it would make sense this time.

I'll be going to Borden Sept 7th too!!! I start on the 8th as well :)
I'm going for vehicle tech, same thing as ryka007...hope to see everyone there!!

Saturnr said:
I'll be going to Borden Sept 7th too!!! I start on the 8th as well :)
I'm going for vehicle tech, same thing as ryka007...hope to see everyone there!!

Nice, congratz cant wait to meet all you in person. 1 week away getting pretty excited...

Except for the 5k runs  :'(

I start my Bmq Sept 27th (well 28th) in Quebec till Jan 22nd! Hopefully when all is said and done i'll Be a Sonar Op!

dowsolo said:
I got my call and will be heading to Borden for the course starting on the 14th.  Got my 3rd pick which was Artillery.

Luckily I only live a little over an hours drive from Borden.

Pretty sure I swore in with you. Did you swear in in Oshawa on the 24th?

I dunno about you guys, but swearing in today at CFRC Toronto was a blast. Our Corporal was a hoot :D

Back