• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

scary start...good end

siege

Inactive
Reaction score
So i began my recruiting process a few months ago, calls back and forth and such.  I finally got my appointments scheduled to do my CFAT and medical/physical and interview all in one day, i thought that would be way better so i didn't have to make the long trip into the city separate times, the recruiter tells me i have to be at the doors of the CFRC at 7:45 in the morning, i thought o crap i have a hockey game the day before and i wont get home till midnight and then i have to start driving to the city at 4:30 in the morning to make my appointments.  I make the tiring drive into the city, get to the CFRC and begin my test along with 5 others.  I thought i just ruined the test as well as everyone else in the testing room with believed they failed as well.  We all waited in the waiting room to be called in with the recruiter to tell us whether we would be continuing on with our testing or going home.  I sat in the waiting room as I watched all every single person i wrote the test with pick up there stuff and headout the door.  I was of course left till last cause that's my luck, but my luck turned around as i was told i was the only person to pass that day and qualified for all my trades.  Needless to say the huge butterfly in my stomach had left.  From there the medical/physical went perfectly and the interview went even better.  From here I'm not to sure what happens whether i get called after i graduate highschool in June or if i get called right away but i guess all i can do is wait and find out.  But that's my scary little story with a happy ending

siege said:
So i began my recruiting process a few months ago, calls back and forth and such.  I finally got my appointments scheduled to do my CFAT and medical/physical and interview all in one day, i thought that would be way better so i didn't have to make the long trip into the city separate times, the recruiter tells me i have to be at the doors of the CFRC at 7:45 in the morning, i thought o crap i have a hockey game the day before and i wont get home till midnight and then i have to start driving to the city at 4:30 in the morning to make my appointments.  I make the tiring drive into the city, get to the CFRC and begin my test along with 5 others.  I thought i just ruined the test as well as everyone else in the testing room with believed they failed as well.  We all waited in the waiting room to be called in with the recruiter to tell us whether we would be continuing on with our testing or going home.  I sat in the waiting room as I watched all every single person i wrote the test with pick up there stuff and headout the door.  I was of course left till last cause that's my luck, but my luck turned around as i was told i was the only person to pass that day and qualified for all my trades.  Needless to say the huge butterfly in my stomach had left.  From there the medical/physical went perfectly and the interview went even better.  From here I'm not to sure what happens whether i get called after i graduate highschool in June or if i get called right away but i guess all i can do is wait and find out.  But that's my scary little story with a happy ending

James Joyce became famous using the literary technique which became known as "stream of consciousness".  ee cummings became orthographically famous for his determined lack of capital letters. 

You seem to have melded the two.  Well done.

I'm confident there's a story in your epistle somewhere - I just can't seem to suss it out.

Great reply!! Sarcasm and humor with a lesson in literary composition.

Well at least you are all done, I on the other hand still have those butterflys, And hope they will go away as soon as it is all over.

As if the application process is the stressful part!

(I've got BMQ in 7 days, heh)

Yeah im pretty scared about that to, I guess its just cause i dont know what its actually going to be like, i have everyone telling me different things and i just dont know what to believe, im just going to have to fine out for myself, but untill then im just going to have to stick with my butterflys  :-\

Ashley218 said:
Yeah im pretty scared about that to, I guess its just cause i dont know what its actually going to be like, i have everyone telling me different things and i just dont know what to believe, im just going to have to fine out for myself, but untill then im just going to have to stick with my butterflys  :-\
Yeah I know the feeling. But, once you get the paperwork in, you will feel a little weight lifted off your sholders. I am waiting for April to know if I will be able to attend a summer BMQ/SQ course, and I feel estactic. But don't forget to do as much PT as you can to prepair yourself.

Good luck!
Baker

Ashley218 said:
I guess its just cause i dont know what its actually going to be like,

You wont know what its like until you are there so, for the love of god, stop worrying about it. You already know more about it that those of us who joined before the internet.

i have everyone telling me different things and i just dont know what to believe

Any of the people telling you stuff actualy current / former CF members ?

Yeah i actually went into the building in moncton and talked to a bunch of people there about there time in saint-jean and they told me all about it. then after reading everyones posts i guess im just going to have to deal with it, im ready for anything, im just nervous

Ashley218 said:
im ready for anything, im just nervous

I went flying today and after 35 minutes,we declared an emergency and proceeded to the hospital immediately after landing. What do you have to be nervous about ?

;D

CDN Aviator said:
I went flying today and after 35 minutes,we declared an emergency and proceeded to the hospital immediately after landing. What do you have to be nervous about ?

;D

lol too much partying on the weekend CDN Aviator?  ;D

CDN Aviator said:

;D

Okay.. I think you win this one!

Back