• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regarding application & Career availability

Draekz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey!

Just had a quick question regarding application process (once its sent in). Not entirely sure how to word it but i'll do my best.

Basically on Oct 29,2014 I sent in my application via GPCKey. After about a month of refining what I thought i'd be interested in. It came down to three occupations, two being air force and one being universal (but didnt say it was hiring. Just thought it was interesting as well).

Well anyway, I went back to the page and only now noticed in the entry plan page that the two i chose were "Now Hiring for Direct Entry". I dont have the education for direct entry so wondered if the reason I havent heard anythign back was because of my career choices and their current state of entry plans. Am I to assume that since I was planning on entering on the subsidized education plan for these careers that I likely wont hear anything back from the recruitment centre because I dont currently meet their entry plan requirements?

Honestly, even if that is the case, just to get the medical, interview, aptitude tests done would be nice only to see if im waiting for no reason (in the event that i dont actually pass something for any reason).

I guess what i mean to ask is, should i be calling my recruitment centre despite the fact i overlooked the entry plan requirements that are currently on the site? The occupations in question was Aviation and Avionics System Technicians. I feel i missed the boat on those as I was originally looking about a month and a half ago but wanted to be certain it was what i wanted. I dont recall it being direct entry in late sept early october and now feel i took too long to react.

Thanks for any advice or opinions on how i should proceed. My wife is waiting (im)patiently to find out what is going on lol.

First off, if you applied on 29 Oct, you would have received an email acknowledging receipt of your application.  Within 3-5 business days you should have received a second email with further instructions, which would have been "contact CFRC X within X number of days".  If you never received the second email, then something may have happened (ie; it's in your Junk folder, your application didn't go through, etc).

Don't worry about the entry plan requirements.  "Now Hiring for Direct Entry" is simply bad presentation on the part of the website.  Direct Entry doesn't exist as an entry plan for NCM's.

You need that "second" email.  If you haven't received it yet, just call your local CFRC.  You have nothing to lose sleep about.

Hey DAA!

Thanks for the reply! Im pretty tech savvy so dont think i lost it in the junk mail (but i'll search folders anyway just incase). I did read about how i should contact after 3 - 5 days if i dont hear back but due to the assumed "direct entry" note, i was thinking maybe I just wasnt qualified in some fashion! Thanks much for the reassurance and reply, its good to hear from someone on the other side! I'll try and get a hold of my recruiter when able! Unfortunately they have short hours here and im 7-5 every weekday at work at my current job and i believe its 8-2 here for the recruiting centre hours!

Anyway, much relieved to hear not all is lost so thanks again!!

Ken/Draekz

Ehh,

after re-reading their Hours of Op at our local recruiting centre, i realized i mis-read it! its 8-2 walk-in and after 230 is by appt. only! My bad. Thanks again!

Back