• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marines temporarily relax regulations due to camouflauge uniform shortage

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Marine unit leaders can now let their troops wear desert-pattern camouflage uniforms instead of the woodland-pattern one.

The announcement came on Thursday, Sept. 28, courtesy of an Instagram video from the new Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. Eric Smith and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Carlos Ruiz. Under the guidance, unit commanders at the battalion to squadron level can allow Marines to wear desert-patterned uniforms instead of the woodland Marine pattern.

Everyone seems to be ignoring they where mandated by Congress to adopt the Army uniform…
Of course so was the Navy and USAF and they did their own thing too.

The USAF and USSF are wearing the Army pattern now.
Just those pesky Naval Services like to be hold outs.
I’ve seen a lot of USAF folks still in their unique camo, but as I understand it they are just running out old stock and not getting new ones.

Well, some of us are wearing see-through uniforms that clothing stores won't exchange, so this isn't really that surprising. The Improved combat uniform was introduced in what, 2014, and there is still a significant amount of troops wondering around in Gen 3 or 4 CadPat because clothing stores won't exchange them or keeps reissuing things that they shouldn't. I'm just waiting for the awkward situation where someone ends up with all their shirts being the new camaflague and all their pants being the old uniform.

Well, some of us are wearing see-through uniforms that clothing stores won't exchange, so this isn't really that surprising. The Improved combat uniform was introduced in what, 2014, and there is still a significant amount of troops wondering around in Gen 3 or 4 CadPat because clothing stores won't exchange them or keeps reissuing things that they shouldn't. I'm just waiting for the awkward situation where someone ends up with all their shirts being the new camaflague and all their pants being the old uniform.
Combat Lingerie was also around in the 70s. Some things never change.

Also, if we didn't have actual dessert deployments, I'm sure that we would see people walk around in brown uniforms. I mean, could you imagine the situation if we weren't short 15,000 people. It's not like we haven't had troops in the last couple of years who had to go out and buy their own rucksacks and sleeping bags.

That’s not exactly the same situation though, as the US military buys their uniforms outright.

On bases, there is a uniform store where you pay X amount for a shirt, Y amount for pants, etc. Same for rank insignia, dress uniforms, etc. There are no free points like with our DEUs, or uniform exchanges. There is an initial “issue” but that amount still comes out of your pay in Basic.

That’s not exactly the same situation though, as the US military buys their uniforms outright.

On bases, there is a uniform store where you pay X amount for a shirt, Y amount for pants, etc. Same for rank insignia, dress uniforms, etc. There are no free points like with our DEUs, or uniform exchanges. There is an initial “issue” but that amount still comes out of your pay in Basic.

Don't say that so loud, the Liberal Party is listening.

Back