• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

license for armoured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsLife

Inactive
Reaction score
I didn't know whether to put this in the armoured forums or the recruiting forums, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I was wondering, would you need your normal civilian class 5 drivers license in order to drive a LAV3 or any other armoured vehicles? I have my L right now, getting my 'N' in December...I tried searched the forums for this question but I have found nothing.

Members require their Driver Wheeled and airbrake course prior to taking the LAV driver course.

*I am not a LAV driver so dont ask mw if it offers any civilian virtues for your civy license...

further to Kevin's---

You do not require a civilian driver's licence to operate any CF vehicle. The army will give you all of the info that you need, and a set of 404's, your army licence. This is all you need, as long as it is shown in conjunction with your Military ID and a valid trip ticket (just a paper from your unit which says you are permitted to be driving that particular vehicle)

And yes, this does mean that there are 17 yr olds with no class 5 screaming around in Leopards and AVGP's on Edmonton city streets.

Thank you for the replies guys; greatly appreciated. My questions are basically cleared up now.
Thank you once again

:salute: :cdn:

For general information.

A fully graduated civilian drivers license is required to apply for the following trades:

052 LMN, 215 SIG OP, 227 LCIS TECH, 411 VEH TECH, 421 WPNS TECH (L), 434 FCS TECH, 441 MAT TECH, 651 FIRE FTR, 737 MED TECH, 811 MP (861 COOK and 911 SUP TECH are under discussion).

Odd, I don't have my fully graduated license and I applied for Sig Op...

P-Free said:
Odd, I don't have my fully graduated license and I applied for Sig Op...

Have you been processed and what is your CFRC/D?

kincanucks said:
For general information.

A fully graduated civilian drivers license is required to apply for the following trades:

052 LMN, 215 SIG OP, 227 LCIS TECH, 411 VEH TECH, 421 WPNS TECH (L), 434 FCS TECH, 441 MAT TECH, 651 FIRE FTR, 737 MED TECH, 811 MP (861 COOK and 911 SUP TECH are under discussion).

Since when?!?!?!?

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/enrollment/index_e.aspx

I haven't seen anything like that ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you find me the reference please.

mover1 said:
Since when?!?!?!?

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/enrollment/index_e.aspx

I haven't seen anything like that ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you find me the reference please.

Since September 2003 and the reference is an internal recruiting directive signed by the CFRG Commander titled "Enhanced Reliability Status (ERS): Assessment Protocol for Adult Criminal Code of Canada (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Convictions"and the pertinent section is:

"Recruiting units must ensure that applicants who will undertake any initial MOC course that requires Basic Driver Training (BDT) as a MOC pre-requisite has a valid civilian (fully graduated) drivers license (i.e., 052 LMN, 215 SIG OP, 227 LCIS TECH, 411 VEH TECH, 421 WPNS TECH (L), 434 FCS TECH, 441 MAT TECH, 651 FIRE FTR, 737 MED TECH, 811 MP (861 COOK and 911 SUP TECH are under discussion)" and that is all you need to know.

You know you started out really good there by answering the question. But then you came off as an ass on the last part of your post.

Maybe this should be reflected on the national web site for recruiting. Then people who are looking at getting in the forces would know right off rather than find out when its to late.

mover1 said:
You know you started out really good there by answering the question. But then you came off as an *** on the last part of your post.

Maybe this should be reflected on the national web site for recruiting. Then people who are looking at getting in the forces would know right off rather than find out when its to late.

You know you started off like dick by screaming/demanding that I answer you but you did say please at the end so that about makes us even.  Actually you can't put everything on the website and the applicant is to be informed right at the beginning when they hand in their application for one of the MOCs mentioned.

Sorry..... it seems our horses are just as high.

And it (the info) looked a bit out to lunch. 
I just wanted to know the reference, just  so I can pass the info along . I wan't demanding it. 

I think having a valid drivers licence is a pretty big pre-requisite and should be posted on the site. Especially when targeting people who have no need or means of getting one. 

Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back