• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Here is my list of reasons I see people on here will NOT support Pierre P
-He is white
-He is too angry
-He is just not the right fit
-He has a punchable face (or words to that effect and yes people here have said it)
-Harper
-He wears glasses
-He just hasn't convinced me
-He is just not a leader
-He is using Trump style politics
-The sky is blue
-I am a closet liberal and don't want people to find out (Not said, buts its rather obvious)
-Armyrick is supporting him
-He is too partisan (like the other party leaders are not?)
-He is always complaining or questioning the government (He is the freaking leader of the opposition for crying out loud)
-He won't let X issue go already (Yeah because racist behaviour, WE Scandal, SNC-Lavalin, turning a blind eye to foreign interference, the list goes on, are all "little" mishaps right? WAKE UP)

Every video I see of Pierre going and doing meet and greets, there are huge crowds, many times he makes a point of meeting with visible minorities in urban communities. Mmmmm, seems like a leader to me.
Wants sensible bail reform, less government spending and employment growth, tougher on criminals, better economic opportunities, recognizing foreign skilled trades and medical certifications, proper immigration according to existing laws, open up our energy sector (instead of shutting it down and importing far dirtier oil and gas from the middle east), his list is quite lengthy.

Most importantly, he is calling out the WOKE BS for what it is. And a real leader needs to do that, pronto. The majority of Canadians are fed up with Trudeau politics. Accountability is needed especially with the latest health Canada report "Climate change" and "Colonialism" are some of the greatest health threats....basically woke BS.

I have said it before. Some of you want Jesus Christ himself to come down and run the CPC before a leader meets your standard. Or you simply want an easy excuse to not support Pierre and his party.

Let me be the "crazy conspiracy" theorist and say it, stop Trudeau (and Singh for that matter) or you will basically lose everything. All your rights. Talk to people from Cuba, old school soviet union or Venezuela , get a first hand understanding of what losing your country means. Its happening now.

You don't have any real faults for PP, just say it.
I very much do, some of which I’ve expressed here on the site before, some I’ve not. I simply reserve the right to be selective in how I spend my time, and when/where/to whom I offer my candid opinion on some things.

PP has major faults and is neither the CPC leader nor PM I'd choose, Canada needs better

Does not equal

PP is a bad man and as such I will turn a blind eye to the failings of the current government and vote against him.
List them. Specifics. Present this the same way a crown presents their argument at trial.

Anything?

List them. Specifics. Present his the same way a crown presents their argument at trial.

ANything?
I was preparing to respond to your much longer post, and then I saw this.

Where in the hell do you get off thinking you have the right to make such demands? No one here owes you "argument at trial" level of granularity in their posts.

You provide a bulleted list and an unsubstantiated rant about Trudeau turning Canada into communist Cuba, and that's fine, but no one else's arguments are valid unless they are written in legalese, backed up by three supporting examples with references?

Trudeau and Poilievre are light years apart when it comes to behavior and bad ethics.

What's the latest? Nice little NYE trip to a Jamaican resort owned by someone who just-so-happened to make a large Donation to the Trudeau foundation?

Surely a Coincidence 🙄

It’s ok. I’m sure the Tories will help the Liberals if the NDP won’t dance with them.
Sure hope that you are being sarcastic. With all the stunts that the liberals have pulled and with all the ethics violations being brought to the fore and including the China thing if Pierre even hinted at supporting Trudeau he would be hung out to dry the very next day by his own party. You can't say that someone is totally rotten and then add an exception

Sure hope that you are being sarcastic. With all the stunts that the liberals have pulled and with all the ethics violations being brought to the fore and including the China thing if Pierre even hinted at supporting Trudeau he would be hung out to dry the very next day by his own party. You can't say that someone is totally rotten and then add an exception
When have the Tories voted against back-to-work legislation? 🤷‍♂️

List them. Specifics. Present this the same way a crown presents their argument at trial.

Anything?
Firstly, I'd echo @Lumber 's well articulated and on the nose summary. Then I'd add these three additional factors that don't sit well with me
-He's a life long political animal who's ambition since adolescence has been the Prime Ministers job.
-Consequently he has no education, expertise, or experience at doing or accomplishing, well anything other than getting elected and raising money
-He's either dangerously ignorant on economic and financial issues, deliberately dishonest with respect to said issues, or blinded by ideology

As I've said before, he'll almost certainly have the benefit of my vote, but as a vote against Trudeau/ for Alex rather than for him.
@IKnowNothing see my list above. Thats you too.
Read this post. Insightful. Thought provoking. Talking politics with that guy is worthwhile, the gatekeeping groupie I'm replying to- not so much. This strawman-ing no true Scotsman stuff is absolute bullshit.

Trudeau and Poilievre are light years apart when it comes to behavior and bad ethics.

What's the latest? Nice little NYE trip to a Jamaican resort owned by someone who just-so-happened to make a large Donation to the Trudeau foundation?

Surely a Coincidence 🙄
Oh they are just old family friends, just like Aga Khan

Firstly, I'd echo @Lumber 's well articulated and on the nose summary. Then I'd add these three additional factors that don't sit well with me
-He's a life long political animal who's ambition since adolescence has been the Prime Ministers job.
-Consequently he has no education, expertise, or experience at doing or accomplishing, well anything other than getting elected and raising money
-He's either dangerously ignorant on economic and financial issues, deliberately dishonest with respect to said issues, or blinded by ideology

As I've said before, he'll almost certainly have the benefit of my vote, but as a vote against Trudeau/ for Alex rather than for him.

Read this post. Insightful. Thought provoking. Talking politics with that guy is worthwhile, the gatekeeping groupie I'm replying to- not so much. This strawman-ing no true Scotsman stuff is absolute bullshit.

I think the issue is PP is untested and doesn't have any follies, yet. At least to the extreme that JT and crew seem to have.

And what is posted is a personal opinion on his ability and character. Which you are wholly entitled to and I support.

Compare that to JT and crew... With which there is a slew of examples of bad and out of touch leadership.

I admit 3 things:

I voted for JT/LPC in his run against Harper.
I now own a CPC membership.
I do not understand how anyone could vote for a government under his leadership anymore.

Last edited:
I voted for JT/LPC in his run against Harper.
I now own a CPC membership.
I do not understand how anyone could vote for a government under his leadership anymore.

The last one. I used to say the same thing about anyone voting for Trump, especially people from marginalized groups. Then I went and actually watched videos where those people (the marginalized republicans) were asked that very question. It's very informative to actually stop and listen and consider other people's perspectives.

There's lots of reasons why someone might vote liberal. You may disagree with their priorities, but you can't invalidate their priorities. Maybe there's a niche issue for someone for which only liberals have a valid solution, ethics of their leader be damned.

There's fear among some that PP will use the power of federal transfer payments (and the new provincial deal) to influence provinces to adopt more private health care. That fear might enough to make someone vote liberal. There are many for whom tackling climate change is their most important issue, and they support the Carbon Tax regardless of the effect it is having on their budgets. For them, voting liberal means saving the carbon tax. There's plenty of other reasons. The CPC doesn't have a monopoly on good ideas.

The last one. I used to say the same thing about anyone voting for Trump, especially people from marginalized groups. Then I went and actually watched videos where those people (the marginalized republicans) were asked that very question. It's very informative to actually stop and listen and consider other people's perspectives.

There's lots of reasons why someone might vote liberal. You may disagree with their priorities, but you can't invalidate their priorities. Maybe there's a niche issue for someone for which only liberals have a valid solution, ethics of their leader be damned.

There's fear among some that PP will use the power of federal transfer payments (and the new provincial deal) to influence provinces to adopt more private health care. That fear might enough to make someone vote liberal. There are many for whom tackling climate change is their most important issue, and they support the Carbon Tax regardless of the effect it is having on their budgets. For them, voting liberal means saving the carbon tax. There's plenty of other reasons. The CPC doesn't have a monopoly on good ideas.

I never said people had to vote CPC, I said:

"I do not understand how anyone could vote for a government under his leadership anymore"

Much like the ABC movement of old, Im for an ABL movement.

The LPC has lost a large amount of popular support since beating Harper, and it's guys like me that have been pushed out. Red Tory / Blue Liberal switches. The LPC needs to be soundly beaten and sent to the hinterland in the hopes that it comes back stronger and centered.

Our government is such a joke...

(Sorry Lumber, I just found this article & came here to post it when I read your post above. I was going to post this regardless, it isn't meant to be a response to what you had said)

I never said people had to vote CPC, I said:

"I do not understand how anyone could vote for a government under his leadership anymore"

Much like the ABC movement of old, Im for an ABL movement.

The LPC has lost a large amount of popular support since beating Harper, and it's guys like me that have been pushed out. Red Tory / Blue Liberal switches. The LPC needs to be soundly beaten and sent to the hinterland in the hopes that it comes back stronger and centered.
Sorry, I'm committing the same crimes I'm speaking out against on here.

I shouldn't have brought up the CPC, as that wasn't at all part of your post. Other than that tgough, the rest of my post I feel covers the idea of why anyone WOULD vote liberal under Trudeau's leadership.

I didn't vote liberal like you in 2015, but I was definitely in the "ABC" crowd.

Edit: change "vomiting" to "committing"

Back