• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

I think how you worded the part about it being a ‘battle for the soul of the nation’ is actually the perfect way to sum up the next election.
To be honest, I stole it straight from Biden. 😜

But I do think that it accurately represents our situation as well, as we face some similar civilizational challenges.

And good work on the explainer, you've pretty much laid out the thoughts that undergird my last comment.

The problem with battles for souls is that some people are prone to simply selling theirs.

General Patton was quoted as saying, "Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow."

So, how long does the government allow the strike to last before they order PSAC back to work? I can't see the NDP agreeing to this, and certainly the Conservatives won't. Would this be the tipping point?

So, how long does the government allow the strike to last before they order PSAC back to work? I can't see the NDP agreeing to this, and certainly the Conservatives won't. Would this be the tipping point?
If the Libs table back-to-work legislation, the NDP will moan and gripe but eventually support it. To do otherwise would compromise their Supply and Confidence Agreement with Trudeau.

If the Libs table back-to-work legislation, the NDP will moan and gripe but eventually support it. To do otherwise would compromise their Supply and Confidence Agreement with Trudeau.
I know this has probably been established a long time ago… but does the NDP ‘have’ to support the Liberals in all things, regardless of whether they actually like those things or not?

What does the NDP get in return for forming a coalition with the Libs?

(Seems like this should be against some Act of some kind. Come election time it doesn’t matter if someone votes for the LPC or the NDP, it’s essentially a vote for Trudeau…no??)

Well according to some reports I've seen the NDP have said they will not support back-to-work legislation.

Not so sure.

Well according to some reports I've seen the NDP have said they will not support back-to-work legislation.
Yup, they explicitly said they won’t support back to work legislation. Kinda tough to walk that back.

New Liberal campaign slogan: "If you think I'm bad, you should see the other guy!"
There are some real estate guys in the London area that have a similar slogan. “You could do worse”

Seems to be working for them.

There are some real estate guys in the London area that have a similar slogan. “You could do worse”

Seems to be working for them.
A few years ago, Jacques Chirac was running for President of France against Jean-Marie Le Pen. Chirac’s unofficial slogan was “Vote for the crook, not the fascist”.

It worked.

Not sure if it would be but Singh said he would not support even if it was.
Singh’s been seeing his party getting outflanked, and he knows it. He’s gotta make a stand on something solidly core to the NDP’s beliefs and platform. I think he’ll stick to his guns on this while quietly and separately pushing both parties to one together on a deal.

It’s ok. I’m sure the Tories will help the Liberals if the NDP won’t dance with them.

Back