• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

My view is that if the Tories kept O’Toole, the next election would be the Tories’ to lose. Tru-Anon would be disillusioned and stay home, NDP’ers will vote NDP and swing voters would give the Tories a chance. The only question would be how big the Tory majority would be.

With PP, he can’t seem to help himself but run for Opposition Leader. He keeps talking about how he’s running for prime minister but he’s not acting like it. He’ll have a few weeks where he talks about affordability and inflation, but just when people start to warm up to him, he has to go full culture war. That may juice up the support among his most ardent supporters, but it also galvanizes the anti-Tories.

So now I’m betting that Tru-Anon and other softer Liberals will crawl over broken glass to vote, and NDP’ers will hold their noses again and vote for Trudeau. Swing voters will say “a pox on all your houses” and stay home. Unless PP smartens up and decides he wants to be PM instead.

O’Toole, MacKay, Ambrose… CPC had a lot of great-or-good-enough options and instead decided to stand up on a platform and punch themselves in the dick in front of everybody.

Any seriously ambitious contender knows better than to try to take party leadership over when the voters have thrown out the party or are probably getting ready to do so (ie. 2+ terms in, if the leader quits). The question is who will come back when the voters are about ready to switch back.

I’m not going to waste my time getting into it with you.

I got you, fam.

It's crystal clear what Trudeau's faults are. What is on your list of comparative faults for PP?

Oh boy, where do I begin.

He's a bully. Look at the insult of a letter he sent to David Johnson asking how he will investigate the Trudeau Foundation. It was pure politicking. He's seeking to be the leader of the nation, and this letter is him basically insulting a former GG, his own GG, the one that his own government put in. It's one line, he never once does he refer to him as GG, and he puts his title (Rapporteur) in quotation marks. It's grade school bully crap. It's a distraction. The Special Rapporteur isn't even meant to be investigating the Trudeau Foundation; they're investigating foreign election interference.

He'd rather play politics than actually be an effective leader of the opposition. The liberals claimed that PP had been invited to breifing on potential election interference, but that PP had declined to attend. While that has yet to be substantiated, what is not in question (because it's on video) is PP responding to a reporter to say that even if he was invited to receive the briefing, he would chose not to attend because they he'd be sworn to secrecy about the topic and he wouldn't be able to continue speaking out against the topic.

He's a demagogue.; a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument or factual evidence. He uses emotionally charged language and misleading claims to incite anger or fear in people, without actually providing and plans or claims as to how he and the CPC will improve the lives of Canadians.

He has no idea how to be a PM. He manipulates through propaganda, exploiting the real concerns of every day people by ignoring the real causes of many issues, and shifting the blame for those issues to Trudeau and the liberals government. Seriously, every other tweet from him is him sharing a story about something bad that happened in Canada with the caption "After 8 years of Trudeau...something something... Trudeau's fault." (inflation, the PSAC strike, subway stabbings, etc). Not every negative outcome in Canada is the result of Trudeau's policies and actions (or inactions). If PP doesn't know what the limits of the actual power and influence of the PM, then how could he possible be expected to serve as an effective PM? (surprise, he actually does know, he just likes manipulating people; see the previous para)

He's a demagogue.; a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument or factual evidence. He uses emotionally charged language and misleading claims to incite anger or fear in people, without actually providing and plans or claims as to how he and the CPC will improve the lives of Canadians.
Good thing you put "CPC" in there, or a reader might be hard-pressed to figure out exactly which federal party leader you described.

I got you, fam.

He's a bully. Look at the insult of a letter he sent to David Johnson asking how he will investigate the Trudeau Foundation. It was pure politicking. He's seeking to be the leader of the nation, and this letter is him basically insulting a former GG, his own GG, the one that his own government put in. It's one line, he never once does he refer to him as GG, and he puts his title (Rapporteur) in quotation marks. It's grade school bully crap. It's a distraction. The Special Rapporteur isn't even meant to be investigating the Trudeau Foundation; they're investigating foreign election interference.

He'd rather play politics than actually be an effective leader of the opposition. The liberals claimed that PP had been invited to breifing on potential election interference, but that PP had declined to attend. While that has yet to be substantiated, what is not in question (because it's on video) is PP responding to a reporter to say that even if he was invited to receive the briefing, he would chose not to attend because they he'd be sworn to secrecy about the topic and he wouldn't be able to continue speaking out against the topic.

He has no idea how to be a PM. He manipulates through propaganda, exploiting the real concerns of every day people by ignoring the real causes of many issues, and shifting the blame for those issues to Trudeau and the liberals government. Seriously, every other tweet from him is him sharing a story about something bad that happened in Canada with the caption "After 8 years of Trudeau...something something... Trudeau's fault." (inflation, the PSAC strike, subway stabbings, etc). Not every negative outcome in Canada is the result of Trudeau's policies and actions (or inactions). If PP doesn't know what the limits of the actual power and influence of the PM, then how could he possible be expected to serve as an effective PM? (surprise, he actually does know, he just likes manipulating people; see the previous para)
I sure hope you’re wrong but I think you are spot on. This country really needs a true leader, someone with a vision for this country and can bring this country together. Unfortunately the conservatives have shot themselves in the foot so many times by deposing and disposing of their party leaders. I do have serious reservations about PP being able to lead. It’s not like he’s dumb. He’s actually quite smart and hard working. Anyway, time will tell whether or not he’s a late bloomer.

The question isn't whether he is smart, dumb, or hard-working; the question is whether he is more or less of those than the other leaders. The proper way to measure politicians is with respect to the realistic alternatives, not with respect to some idealized fixed criteria. Trudeau and Singh aren't strong leaders; their followers are more like a fan club.

One thing to consider is the CPC put forward a few moderate candidates in the last couple elections and they were rejected. Maybe a change in pace is needed for results.

I got you, fam.

That is something else. I find it fascinating how you’ve attributed all that is Trudeau to another.

Yep. And you just know they'll jump to the barricades and lambast him, claiming no one believes in an ideology of control, not realizing that most of them are either useful idiots or are so blinded by ideology that they don't even see their controlling obsessions for what they are.

Regarding the above discussion, is PP a great candidate? No - I would've preferred they'd kept O'Toole-, but in this battle for the soul of the nation (topical, aren't I...), he's the one man army we've got, even if he's not the one we want. We simply cannot afford ''four more years''.

That is something else. I find it fascinating how you’ve attributed all that is Trudeau to another.
How eloquent. Your retort is the adult equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?! "

I got you, fam.

You could have just said PP is bad, I don't like him and saved me having to read reading all that.

Yep. And you just know they'll jump to the barricades and lambast him, claiming no one believes in an ideology of control, not realizing that most of them are either useful idiots or are so blinded by ideology that they don't even see their controlling obsessions for what they are.

Regarding the above discussion, is PP a great candidate? No - I would've preferred they'd kept O'Toole-, but in this battle for the soul of the nation (topical, aren't I...), he's the one man army we've got, even if he's not the one we want. We simply cannot afford ''four more years''.
I think how you worded the part about it being a ‘battle for the soul of the nation’ is actually the perfect way to sum up the next election.

Because I believe that’s exactly what it is. That’s what it feels like anyway…

On the one hand we have a candidate who’s been in power for 8 years. Used Covid as a pretence to do all kinds of NWO s*t. Record deficits. Lying in the HoC about being briefed about foreign interference in our elections and hence, government. Who doesn’t have the respect for the very nation he leads to answer a single question regardless of how straightforwards it is. Who’s trying to push through bills like C-11 & C-31 which, if you watched the video I posted yesterday, is far more sinister than the LPC let’s on. Who has the gall to increase personal income tax & the carbon tax *even more and then turns around and goes on a vacation that would cost the average person $80,000 for the week… he’s just so out of touch with the common person it’s mind boggling

Or the other guy. Someone who talks about bigger citizens and smaller government. About abolishing any government bills to censor internet access. About developing our own industries. Lowering home prices so we aren’t all up to our eyeballs in debt regardless of our age. About putting in place some common sense criminal justice measures like no bail for repeat violent offenders (beyond common sense) or going after illegal guns rather than confiscating guns that lawfully owned. And who understands that the way to get inflation down isn’t to proceed with a budget that brings the deficit up to $40B

After 8 years of being lied to, my taxes keep going up & yet the government seems to do less & less for the everyday citizen, never a straight answer when asked, and now ANOTHER scandal of yet another vacation on us taxpayers rather than paying for it himself (something he’s already received an Ethics violation for once before)

I’m ready to give the ‘other guy’ a chance even if he rubs some people the wrong way in his quest to have JT removed.

Worst case scenario, he can’t be any worse than JT…

Home prices have already been lowered. Apparently the average price of a house in Vancouver (however it's calculated) fell about $120K from March of last year to March of this year.

Home prices are down! Vote Liberal!

Of course, quibblers might babble something about high interest rates reducing demand, but that's just anti-government disinformation and ought to be censored wherever it pops up.

Back