• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Letters of Reference

jabraun

Inactive
Reaction score
erm im almost afraid to ask this i read a few posts in FAQ's etc cant find anything pertaining to my situation so ill ask. Im onto the letters of referance part right now and the problem is ive worked my job now for over 2 yrs and its been my only job and the company i work for(monster giant company) makes it a policy of not giving letters of referance by management. So basically im going out on a limb here and im asking some people who were above me in upper management who ive known and worked with for awhile to give me a personal referance letter under the table from "the company". Anyway anyone been in my situation and can give me a bit of help here if this doesnt work?

What are you applying for?  If it just the standard letters of reference, you can have friends fill them out.  At least one of your references has to have known you for five years.

never really had much of a relationship with my teachers and that was like 3 yrs ago when i graduated most wont even remember me;d

You can no longer add your references up to get five years.  At least one has to have known you for five years.  They must be adults who are not family members.  You can always check with your local Recruiting Centre 1-800-856-8488.

What I did was have a family friend write me one up (who happened to be an RCR WO) and another friend who was a pastor. Anyone who's gonna make you look good  ;D

How "well" do they have to know you?

The one I plan to use is a friend/co-worker of my moms who has know me for six or seven years but only from comming over to our house/going to hers for dinner every so often etc. 

What sort of things do they need to know about me in order to be a valid refrence?

im new here an im about to send in my application for the infentry tommorrow... an i was wondering if it was ok to use a teacher as your reference?. an imput would be really helpful

P.S. thanks in advance guys

Teachers are fine. Its says so on the "letter of reference".

ah yes that part is important. Although that is as well spelled out on the form lol.

Hey chaps,

I've been looking over the required documents that I need, and I was wondering if there was a template that I could give to the people that are writing my reference letters? One is my principle, so he needs one, and the other is my cadet CO, so he should be OK, but just in case...

So if anyone has a template for it, just PM/e-mail me.

Ugh, just remembered I wanted to ask this too: What is the maximum time I can defer acceptance after getting the offer?

Cheers,

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  The people you have listed should have a good idea of how to write a letter of recommendation and what to include in it.  There is no requirement for a 'certain' type of template.

GW

Do you mean a reference sheet?? If you do, I can fax you that template. I think I have an extra one kicking around.

Alright, so i reckon that this might sound like a pretty dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Is there an actual standard letter of reference for someone to fill out? I was looking for it on the CD that I got from the recruitment center, and i couldn't find one for NCM's (I also looked on-line). I found one for officers, and MP's so I was just wondering if I was missing it, or if my references have to use their creative juices and write one up from scratch...

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The SLOR in the Other Officer Occupations on the mini cd is the one you use for NCMs.

Hi, I'm wondering if theres a way I can get my recommendation from the recruiting office.
one of my officers handed it in and I was thinking I could use it to apply for other jobs as well.
My officers cool with the idea and even offered to be a refrence, I would still like to have his recommendation to hand in with my resume

Back