• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services

bamboleyo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, just got a letter saying Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services has been “contracted by VAC to coordinate and deliver the Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program. Beginning in November 2022, all medical, psycho-social and vocational services will transfer to PCVRS”
1) Im reacting to $570,000,000 to take over VAC instead to VAC to deliver said services.
2) I am really reacting to prospect of “work[ing] collaboratively [yet] with” another private contractor to discuss my case/needs, submit my claims or manage my appointments.
3) At this point i have ZERO desire to give them Any consent to talk to anyone about anything on my behalf.
Apparently, my rehab file info will be shared with this new org. and this new org even wants to “speak with my existing service provider(s) to establish a relationship with [me] and [my] case manager” 😡
i dont want to be the product and, at this point, have to have a hella good reason to participate in any of it.

given my condition i can accept that i am overreacting, but i dont want to talk about or get approval from yet another outside agency.

Any thoughts/experience/plan on dealing with this “addition” to VAC case management?

phewph

Hello, just got a letter saying Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services has been “contracted by VAC to coordinate and deliver the Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program. Beginning in November 2022, all medical, psycho-social and vocational services will transfer to PCVRS”
1) Im reacting to $570,000,000 to take over VAC instead to VAC to deliver said services.
2) I am really reacting to prospect of “work[ing] collaboratively [yet] with” another private contractor to discuss my case/needs, submit my claims or manage my appointments.
3) At this point i have ZERO desire to give them Any consent to talk to anyone about anything on my behalf.
Apparently, my rehab file info will be shared with this new org. and this new org even wants to “speak with my existing service provider(s) to establish a relationship with [me] and [my] case manager” 😡
i dont want to be the product and, at this point, have to have a hella good reason to participate in any of it.

given my condition i can accept that i am overreacting, but i dont want to talk about or get approval from yet another outside agency.

Any thoughts/experience/plan on dealing with this “addition” to VAC case management?

phewph
I'm not in your position so you can take or refute this advice. VAC has seen strong criticism over their handling of vets issues. If they are seeking to set up a real agency to deal with this, please contact them. It will be worth your while to see how they react to your particular concerns.

Good luck and stay strong.

phewph
I do not think you are overreacting; it is another move towards an agency assuming authority over your situation. The rinse and repeat cycle is due to their inability to communicate and deliver competencies in many areas. I was a big proponent of VAC at one time but no longer am. I also think that CMs have been put in a situation to take the brunt of the mis handling of Veteran issues.
I am curious to see how many former senior rank positions have been hired by this company to deliver, I for one will not communicate with any former CAF member regardless of their understanding of the difference between Rights and Morals.

Watch out for compliance toned answers to your valid questions. Refusal to participate has consequences for the Veterans not VAC.

Back