• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

is there anyone else in the recruiting process?

Ron B

Inactive
Reaction score
I few weeks ago I passed the PARE test and sent out all the forms that were needed to be filled out.my next step will be the interview and I made sure that I have a suit and dress shoes to wear for it.if I get accepted I will be selling everything I own to do this I hope I get in.

Good luck with everything Ron.

Doing my polygraph tomorrow morning...I've heard mixed things about it.  Hope all goes well!

I was thinking about going to an information session next time it comes around but I don't currently have my full drivers license due to the fact that BC has the lengthiest driver license probationary period and we still have some of the worst drivers in Canada. Back on point here, I'll be obtaining my full license within 7 months and the application process is between 8-12 months or longer I heard. So I was thinking of maybe doing the red tape now and be done by the time I'm 21 or wait longer. At this point I'm looking to start my career early and make the most out of life. Right now I'm a monitoring station operator for an alarm company so I'm constantly communicating with the police/fire department/medical and doing a lot of trouble shooting, dealing with crimes in progress and working nothing but on-call and over time 10 hour shifts but not getting paid nearly as much to afford the expenses of life. I don't know if I should apply though, I'm a young guy and I don't think I'll have a good chance against people who have experienced more in life than me at this point in time. Another thing that's stopping me at this point is that I need to save up a good chunk of money to pay off my financial responsibilities if I do end up getting accepted and going to training at DEPOT. My car payments are $724/month so I would have to save up nearly $5000 just for that and then $5000 for while I'm away at training.

I have just finished my suitability interview, and need to schedule my polygraph.  Those that go befre oe, I salute you! ;)  Thanks for all the input and prepetitive mantra:  Be hones, relax and be honest!  I''ll likely chant that on the hour and a half drive to my local detatchment. ;)  :salute:

I got a call today and I am scheduled for an interview on October 1.the person who will be doing the interview told me that he was a member of the force for 35 years.he also told me that I would know that day if I passed the interview or not.

My interviewer had been a member of the force for 25.5 years, had worked in recruiting, then retired.  She was doing interviews on contract to the RCMP..  And I knew before I left. ;)  This was back on August 29, and I'm still waiting for my call to schedule the Poly...  So much for a call in a week to a week and a half!  ::)  :boring:

I did not get past the interview.bummed out over that.I prepared for what I could for the written test and passed it.I prepared for the physical test and passed it.I also kept working out and have been getting in better shape.I was honest with my answers I do not think there was much else I could do.for the written test study,physical test work out if I would have gotten to the poly I just would not lie.they already addressed some of the lie detector questions in a phone call before the interview.failing at anything just sucks.

Ron B said:
I did not get past the interview.bummed out over that.I prepared for what I could for the written test and passed it.I prepared for the physical test and passed it.I also kept working out and have been getting in better shape.I was honest with my answers I do not think there was much else I could do.for the written test study,physical test work out if I would have gotten to the poly I just would not lie.they already addressed some of the lie detector questions in a phone call before the interview.failing at anything just sucks.

Chin up, Ron...  did they say anything about a deferral time?  Seems that may people that are turned down, can reapply after a year..

the interviewer said he thinks I can reapply in 6 months.I imagine I will be getting something in the mail letting me know what my options are.yesterday I worked out again and went for a run.

Keep at it Ron,  Anything worth having is worth waiting and fighting for!

RON-Chin Up.

A 6 month deferral is Sweet F.A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most people get a 1 or 2 year deferral, so it's really not that bad. To put it in perspective a deferral is not a fail. They just want to gauge your motivation and drive to become a member...will you look past this hurdle and reapply  or will you just move on to something else! Most deferrals don't actually have to reapply either, they just jump back in where they left and then re-do all their expired requirements such as PARE, Med and Poly, but you usually don't have to re-write the exam or submit the package.

Why did they defer you, did they give you a reason....debt, maturity, life experience, drug use, driving record?

Noneck

Hello,

I'm just about to finish an undergrad degree and like most people, I have no idea what career path to pursue... Policing looks like an intriguing career but I'm not sure. Basically, I want to know why you guys or girls became or didn't become part of the RCMP. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

uhhhhhh you realize this is a Canadian Forces website right?

VM said:
uhhhhhh you realize this is a Canadian Forces website right?
But we do have members of the RCMP here, as well as some people who may want to join the RCMP, or are former members.

Mods you can move this to the correct forum.

-Deadpan

I would like to become a police officer when I'm out of the army as it affords a bit more of a stable life than the military.  That being said, the reason I will not join the mounties is because it won't give me the stable life I would like to have.  There is always the possibility of being moved across the country tomorrow.

That's why I didn't, nor will I become a mountie.

golf59 said:
Hello,

I'm just about to finish an undergrad degree and like most people, I have no idea what career path to pursue... Policing looks like an intriguing career but I'm not sure. Basically, I want to know why you guys or girls became or didn't become part of the RCMP. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

This question seems rather familiar....have you been here before ?

Great... Another one of those who wants others to pick a career path for them.

Okay, policing isn't something that you enter lightly. It's not a career, it's a life style. I have seen too many people who enter policing on a whim or any law enforcement job on a whim, only to be disappointed or worse be a really bad member that just pisses everyone else off. That's not saying there aren't really good members that entered on a whim, but those are few and VERY far in between.

Figure out what you want to do on your own. Don't jump into anything lightly.

Spent most of my childhood stuck between RCMP and the Forces.  Decided against RCMP due to my disdain for certain laws in this Country that I would have a tough time enforcing.

(I do follow those laws myself, I just would not be able to enforce them in good concience.)

Back