• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

interview

Yeah wow that is a very good answer to how u would handle stress. O and my interview was for gettin into the reserves. Hopefully you guys are right and it wont stop me from getting in.

Hey man dont worry about it. As long as you explaned yourself about understanding it/ taking the question a different way I am sure you will be just fine. I am sure the recruiter had a laugh afterwords haha. But all depends on how the rest of your interview went as well. I dont think if the rest interview was great they would not offer you the job based on that. If so/so then maybe not.
Ryan :cdn:

The interview is not to bad as long as you do the proper research.  When I went to the CFRC they gave me all my papers and all this literature that included a Interview guide. That had specific questions that you had to answer. They covered many of these questions during the interview. I completed these questions, I cant remember how many of them there were. I then got my brother to pretend to interview me by the questions of the sheet. We did this a few times until I got comfortable. I found this to really have helped me through the interview. I am to very nervous through interviews, as this was my 2nd. Ryan  :cdn:

Thats hillarious. "I'd take a nap".
Thats actually probably what i'd do.

The funny thing is, their asking people how they would handle stress YET in basic training and on courses (im not sure exactly how it works) but basically you get a stupid little red "time out" card and if your in class and your feeling stressed you can hold up one of these cards and the instructor can't talk to you for 15 minutes or something.
Again i dont know the exact details (someone feel free to jump in) but you get the idea.

Feeling stressed? Hold up a little card and take a time out.
What a way to ready someone for the army.

GrahamD said he was asked this;
"how would you deal with stress when confronted with a hostile induvidual while on patrol in Afghanistan"

I don't think thats a very good question for someone to ask a civilian off the street. Guys will be trying to figure out the right answer when to really answer that you need to be trained. Why ask a civilian with NO military training what he would do on an infantry patrol. Seems silly
(great answer though GrahamD)

Wow thank u everyone. I'm starting to feel relief. I was so worried and scared.

As long as you back your answer up with plausible reasoning, you shouldn't have to worry about anything.  For example, when my interviewing officer asked me what weaknesses I thought I had that I would like to improve upon, I said "none".  Beat that!

Casing said:
For example, when my interviewing officer asked me what weaknesses I thought I had that I would like to improve upon, I said "none".   Beat that!
  "I'm a bit of a workaholic" (try not to smirk).   They never get that one.

Ghost778 said:
The funny thing is, their asking people how they would handle stress YET in basic training and on courses (im not sure exactly how it works) but basically you get a stupid little red "time out" card and if your in class and your feeling stressed you can hold up one of these cards and the instructor can't talk to you for 15 minutes or something.
Again i dont know the exact details (someone feel free to jump in) but you get the idea.

Feeling stressed? Hold up a little card and take a time out.
What a way to ready someone for the army.

What? Thats crazy! Not only would you learn nothing but part of the stress that the instructors put on you is to help prepare you for combat situations. I think if they had that on my basic there would have been a few times with my entire section with their red cards all up! We wouldn't have learned anything! What a waste that would have been.

Oh and don't worry, the guys giving the interviews are human, no matter what you hear.

These question may sound silly to some of you, but I would really like some anwsers. I'm handing in all my doucuments tomorrow and I need to know the anwsers to the following questions (all relate to the Preparing for your interview sheet):

1.) Do they want good solid paragraphs or just point form?

2.) There is a question #2 What personal or ob skills do you currently have that would assist you in this occupation? Do they want like quailities about or like, I worked in a steel mill so I would have some strength ?

Thanks in advanced.

- Shaun

I was under the impression that the interview sheet is only for your own personal use......There is not much room at all to write sentances let alone a paragraph, I will bring mine in to the interview with me anyways along with my resume.  As for your second question what skills or experience do you have that relates to the occupation you are applying for, for example education, last job was really similiar, strong interpersonal skills for a position dealing with people etc...

My recruiter took my completed "Preparing for your Interview" sheet with the rest of my package.  When they are doing the interview, I am sure that they refer to it, so make sure you take a copy of it.  Something I did, was to cut and paste the info from the CFRC website and then reformat it and type the information in.  Keener?  Maybe, but it worked out pretty well.  Well the clerks liked it anyway...
On question #2 they are probably looking for leadership and team work skills as well as how active you are.  Do you or did you play team sports, were you a captain, etc.  I assume you are applying for 031 or R031?  You will need to base your answers on the trade you are wanting to get into.
Best of luck,
Greg

DrSize is correct.  That sheet is for your own use, to help you prepare (and it does a good job of it, as long as you are honest with yourself when answering the questions).  No one at the CFRC should have a need to see that form, let alone "refer to it".

Since it is for your own use fill it out however you like.  I found that point form worked well.  Also, don't worry about having it filled in yet.  Just make sure you do it prior to your interview so that you are prepared.

I think I looked at the preparation sheet once or twice.  Most of it was stuff I already knew how to answer or expected them to ask.  I never filled it out; they never asked for it.

You guys serious?!

When I went to do my CFAT after I passed and had alittle talk with the guy at the RC to schedule my PT, I said, "Would you guys like my required documents now?" He said, "Do you have them all?" So he showed me a sheet that had the following:

1.) Socail Insurance Card
2.) Offical Birth Certificate
3.) Transcripts
4.) 2 Letters of reference
5.) Regualr Force only - Birth Certificate of dependants
6.) Marriage/divorce certificate
7.) Born outside of Canada - Canadian citizenship certificate
8.) Previous Foreign Military service
9.) Canadian cadets program
10.) Preparing for your interview guide

I had them all (5,6,7,8,9 don't apply), but #10 :\ and he wouldn't take my documents because of that

I was under the impression the "Preparing for the interview" sheet had to be handed in as well.  When I finally brought my documents down to the recruiter I had some questions on it but she told me it was not needed.  She said it was for my own benefit and that I should have it completed prior to the interview to use as a guide and an aid for any questions I might have.

The only thing I can say is get what your local recruiter wants.  And good luck.

Untill recently, the document was for your own use.  I know for a fact that CFRC Toronto wants you to fill it out and bring it with for your interview.

I just talked to a MCpl at CFB Wainwright today and he gave me some go info for when I'm doing my interview with the PSO (Personal Selection Officer), he's the one who has a great influence on what trade you get. This will be especially important for anyone who wants a specific trade, mainly the ones that are hard to get into. Be careful on what you say, think about it before you speak. Don't waiver at all on the trade you want, even if he doesn't look like he/she is listening they are and from what you say they will write a report recommending what trade you should go into. The selection board will use this report when they decide if you should be allowed in and for what trade. I hope that this helps anyone going in for their interview in the future :)

Your Interview will most likely be conducted by a Military Career Councilor (MCC), the PSO is usually pretty busy.  The interview is designed to determine your suitibility for the CF and the occupations that you have chosen.  You should be honest during your interview, if you tell lies or half truths, you may placed into an occupation that you really are not suited for and spend three years unhappy.  You are the person that has the greatest influence on the occupation that you get.

This is interesting, anyone want to take a stab at this scenario??

When I sat for my interview months back, I was bent on getting into Medtechs(A) so during the inteview the cpt. who was interviewing me was very pleased with my knowledge and the choice I wanted, basically convinced him that I was a very good candidate for meds, when we spoke about my second trade infantry I was very knowledable about the trade and units I wanted to get into BUT i wasnt 100% on going infantry(although its always been what i wanted to do>.meds =long story)  but then after the interview when i reached home, I did some stats research and re-evaluation of what i wanted and spoke to med coy in TO, i was certain that my choice would definately be a bad one if i stayed in meds. so I called up the the capt. and told hiim that I would like to change my moc to Infantry(giving him valid reasons as to why i want change it) and all he said was ok.

now is this change of heart going to affect my chances as my MP on the interview would have been very low for infantry and very high for Medtechs
would I be better off scheduling a new interview and awe the pants off them, as to why i should be in the infantry or just wait it out??

PARAMEDIC said:
This is interesting, anyone want to take a stab at this scenario??

When I sat for my interview months back, I was bent on getting into Medtechs(A) so during the inteview the cpt. who was interviewing me was very pleased with my knowledge and the choice I wanted, basically convinced him that I was a very good candidate for meds, when we spoke about my second trade infantry I was very knowledable about the trade and units I wanted to get into BUT i wasnt 100% on going infantry(although its always been what i wanted to do>.meds =long story)   but then after the interview when i reached home, I did some stats research and re-evaluation of what i wanted and spoke to med coy in TO, i was certain that my choice would definately be a bad one if i stayed in meds. so I called up the the capt. and told hiim that I would like to change my moc to Infantry(giving him valid reasons as to why i want change it) and all he said was ok.

now is this change of heart going to affect my chances as my MP on the interview would have been very low for infantry and very high for Medtechs
would I be better off scheduling a new interview and awe the pants off them, as to why i should be in the infantry or just wait it out??

I don't think you need to go that far. I believe in essense all the interview really is there for is a filtering mechanism to make sure they don't let any unstable people into the CF. I knew nothing about any of my 3 choices when I had my interview and I was still accepted. And a high-turnover trade like infantry is always looking for people so it shouldn't be a problem getting in. I think you're just in the hurry up and wait phase. Be patient and it will all come together :)

Back