• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interested, but with many questions

E

e-Mac

Hey there all.  My name's Eric, I'm 21 and in my third year at UBC studying English.  I've been interested in a military career for as long as I can remember, but I'm only now certain it's where I want to end up.  I've a number of questions:

-First off, would you folks recommend ROTP or just wait to apply until I'm finished my B.A.?
-What's the application process like?  Will my scores effect how quickly I'm processed?
-I'm getting minor ankle surgery this winter to remove a bone chip from when I broke it two years ago.  The recruiter I spoke to told me that the six month waiting period between surgery and application dates could be waived with a doctor's note vouching for my health.  Does anyone have any experience in this area?
-I've been shedding weight like an ice cube in summer since deciding I wanted to join up.  What can I say, I turn into a stress eater around exam time.  :S  Anyways, what can I expect in the physical exam, at what point in the application process would I take it, and what's an above average target to shoot for?  I've no interest in just meeting the entry requirements.

Thanks in advance everyone.  I'll post more questions as they come to me.

Hi Eric,

All of your questions have been answered on here before.  If you look in the recruiting section, you'll find them all.  Read through what has already been discussed, and if you still have questions, by all means feel free to ask.

Good luck.  :)

Thanks beach_bum.  I'll peruse the forum before annoying the 48th regulator more.

EDIT:  I just found the recruiting faq.  :-[  Boy is my face red.  I'm gonna be up all night reading this stuff.

I can give an answer on this one and the rest have been answered many times before:

-First off, would you folks recommend ROTP or just wait to apply until I'm finished my B.A.?

While you can apply for ROTP, it will be determined at the end of the processing that there won't be enough university time left in order to be subsidized.  The rule is that you must have more than one year left in your degree but with the way the processing cycle for ROTP works civilian university applicants must apply at the start of their second year in order to be subsidized for the remainder.  Finish your degree and apply as a DEO.

Back