• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry, Armoured, or Engineer

Justinrc

Inactive
Reaction score
I am just in the application process right now and am finding it difficult to figure out what trade to join.  Im interested in Armoured, but can make up my mind.  In your opinons which is the best trade to choose.

Thanks

You can try starting here, and then explore the various threads in each sub-board under the Combat Arms forum:

Comparing the Combat Arms (Inf vs. Engr vs. Armd vs. Arty)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23460.0.html

Justin I was at the same point myself a little while ago. The best thing you can do is read all the information and decide for yourself. Honestly, there is no "best" trade out of the three it comes down to what you see and what you like and where your interests lie

it helps to find out what units are near to you. it doesn't matter much when you're joining reg force, since you live where you're posted.. but if you're reserve, you have to be careful. see, i live in Victoria, and there aren't any armoured reserve units near me, so i went infantry :)

Yes, I don't how many, it's not common but it's not uncommon either, ci?  8)

I was in the first Battleschool platoon that had female members. We started with IIRC, 12 female candiates and graduated with one. This was Reg force btw. We were posted to 3VP in 1988 - Workpoint Barracks in Vic. I don't know if anymore enlisted and I don't recall any other females graduated during my time in.

I believe the number a couple years ago was 6 but that has probably done up or down since then.

Back