• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Good News!

Pte.Butt

Inactive
Reaction score
Well good new for me! My medical came into today, and I received my phone call, and despite my worries about having to get testing for my non-existent but questionable asthma, I am Medically fit for the Canadian Forces  :army: :D I didn't get a swear in date, I would assume it it because my unit isn't back to the regular training schedule since the summer. I am guessing I'll get that call soon, because this weekend (tomorrow) they start training again, and the fall BMQ is coming soon! So I hope I can meet some of you in my career with the Canadian Forces, I plan to go regs after high school and maybe post secondary.

P.S. The questionable asthma was because I mentioned being prescribed an inhaler during my medical examination, the in haler was a ''just incase you feel congested in your throat'' inhaler. I had questioned if I had asthma during the winter because I was sick and could hardly breath, but my doctor says it was all because I was sick at the time, and I never had and trace of asthma what so ever. However, for some, that scenario is enough for the the Medical guys in Borden to say no to my enrollment, but I guess they took my doctors note claiming I did not have asthma to heart!. I guess each person has a different story when it comes to their medical, therefor each person has a different case, and results will vary in the end. Well wish me luck, for I am about to embark on a life long dream :) I hope I make you proud!  :salute:

Congratulations. 

I think it's good that you mentioned your inhaler even though it brought on trouble.  It just goes to show a degree of honesty; divulging something that could potentially smite your dreams.  I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Good luck to you. You are embarked on a great adventure and career.

Thanks  ;D I am really excited to finally start my career, I have been waiting for this far too long! even though I applied as soon as I was eligible.

Well, good on you! A great choice in a career, an a great Reserve Regiment with a lot of history. Good luck my friend  :salute:

Mike Baker said:
Well, good on you! A great choice in a career, an a great Reserve Regiment with a lot of history. Good luck my friend  :salute:

Being from newfoundland, I am assuming you are going/already in the Regiment?

Pte.Butt said:
Being from newfoundland, I am assuming you are going/already in the Regiment?
As of right now, I may be joining next year if I go to post secondary in 'town'  ;) That is, of course, I don't go regs once I finish high school in June, with is also pretty likely.

Mike Baker said:
As of right now, I may be joining next year if I go to post secondary in 'town'  ;) That is, of course, I don't go regs once I finish high school in June, with is also pretty likely.

Ahh I see, well if you're ever in town, PM me! we're both young blood, and apparently interested in the military!

Pte.Butt said:
Ahh I see, well if you're ever in town, PM me! we're both young blood, and apparently interested in the military!
Roger that! ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
While you're in town...don't let the "Townies" getcha!  ;)
I know, I always have to have a clear route to get away if need be. But if they come in force, I'm in deep do-do  :D

The "Townies" are listening. ;D

Townie  :cheers:  Non-Townie

haha We sure are! next time you're all in town, beers on me!  :cheers:

Back