• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Delay in CFAT Results

sheilainthevalley

Inactive
Reaction score
I wrote my CFAT this week. Prior to writing (at the appointment) we were told that the system was down so we wouldn't find out our results same-day and could be waiting up to 3 weeks for notice. Has anyone experienced this? I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 3 weeks as stated but from what I understand of the recruiting process I should be expecting more time rather than less...

I just wanted to leave an update stating that it only took two business days for the recruiter to call me back and let me know how it went. Just in case anyone else gets the technical difficulties notice when they write their CFAT- don't feel too discouraged.

When i went to write mine they said we had to wait up to a week and we would receive an email stating whether or not we qualified for selected trades. And if we did not we would receive a list of other offers. I got mine the next day. Unfortunately I didn't qualify because I completely bombed my CFAT but was given Steward as my only option. I knew after I completed it I screwed it all up so it was no surprise. The pressure really got to me and I basically guessed everything. I worried about trying to answer every single question right or wrong rather than going through and doing the ones I know and going back and taking the rest of the time on the harder ones. Stupid me lol.

They did call me about 3 weeks later asking me if I received the email, I said yes but I told them I was not interested in Steward. So now I have to wait until September 7th to call back and try to set up a re-write.

I thought I would add my experience here. I wrote my CFAT today and we were all told that we would receive our results (pass/fail) by email by the end of the week. However, I received my email saying I passed by the time I got home. It seems it depends on the recruiting centre and maybe even the day. Our group started an hour late so rather then keeping everyone any longer maybe they decided to email us. My brother wrote his CFAT in July at the recruiting centre in Oshawa and they told him his result in person right after he finished and did not send out an email.

I'll add in my experience and what I was told. I was told that the email (and hard copy) of the email I received that day was just saying that I completed it and nothing more. Instead I would have to wait the two weeks (it was about that time as well) for the results to go to Ottawa and determine my actual results. This includes info such as percentile I scored in and how I rated in competitiveness to other officer candidates. It could be different for NCM candidates however.

Just to chime in on what Fluff said, my email said that I passed my CFAT for my career choice. However, my results and education would still need to be weighed next to other successful candidates, for my career choice, and based on that they will decide whether to continue my application process or not. So just because I passed mine, it doesn't mean that I will be chosen for further processing and I imagine that is the same for both NCMs and Officers.

Scarlett said:
However, my results and education would still need to be weighed next to other successful candidates, for my career choice, and based on that they will decide whether to continue my application process or not. So just because I passed mine, it doesn't mean that I will be chosen for further processing...

My experience is the same. My email confirmed I qualified for all of the trades I had applied for; my recruiter clarified that my score (and application as a whole) would be weighed against the others in each trade to determine how competitive I am, the confirmation following the CFAT was just to tell me that I had met minimum standards.

If you had previous training from school it'll put you closer to the top of the list.

When I did my CFAT they told me that I wouldn't get results they just booked me for my interview after, no emails or anything about the CFAT. Is that normal? For Reserves by the way

Hmmm I never got my results per say - but I was told how I did perhaps 15-20 minutes after completing the test. I also applied to the reserves.

Me too, I never received emails or anything about the CFAT. I'm rigth now at the end of my process.
They wouldn't book you for the interview if you didnt pass the CFAT.
So consider that you passed it!

When I did my CFAT (back in 2012) I knew I had passed, but didn't know the scores until the interviewer asked "So, what trade do you want?".

I know someone who wrote them two weeks ago. He received an e-mail shortly thereafter from the CFRC telling him his results would arrive in the next three weeks. I don't know why the delay, but he's still waiting to hear back.

It sure does depend on the recruiting ctr (meaning: people working there).
Avoid at all cost Barrie, Ontario.

Cheers

Back