• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Car Explosion/Accident at Rainbow Bridge?

That whole logic, of not wanting to get intel briefings because he will be restricted from talking about it is mind boggling to me. He's essentially saying he doesn't want factual information and would prefer to speculate wildly based on conjecture.

If something is already in the public domain, just because he knows additional confidential background doesn't mean he can't comment on the stuff that is already public domain, but does mean he would know better if it's BS.

Bit of an Orwellian logic loop there, and honestly that really bothers me from someone who wants to lead the country. What does he expect to do if he is PM?
IMO, it's plausible deniability on his part so he can act like a dumbass and get his phuquewit followers to rise up in rage...as to why he refuses to attend briefings, that he as the Leader of the Opposition really needs to attend in order to brief his caucus regarding issues of national security that they will have to debate in the HoC, again, I can only speculate that it's so he can rage farm more.

Apparently they were headed across the border for a rock concert. I guess that means that the KISS Army is a terrorist group.

That whole logic, of not wanting to get intel briefings because he will be restricted from talking about it is mind boggling to me. He's essentially saying he doesn't want factual information and would prefer to speculate wildly based on conjecture.

If something is already in the public domain, just because he knows additional confidential background doesn't mean he can't comment on the stuff that is already public domain, but does mean he would know better if it's BS ...
Boosters'll say "why make the regime look legitimate in any possible way?" or "they just want to tie his hands re: what he can't say".

Haters'll say plausible deniability, "my mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts," "nuance will make simple, easy-to-follow messaging harder to pinpoint," or "easier to bash when you don't have the whole picture."

All I know is I’m crossing Bentley off my list of vehicles to jump over rivers with…

There was a Bentley recall a couple years ago concerning the accelerator pedal getting stuck when depressed. Don't know if the year and model of this incident's vehicle were the same, but $300,000 don't seem to guarantee quality.

IMO, it's plausible deniability on his part so he can act like a dumbass and get his phuquewit followers to rise up in rage...as to why he refuses to attend briefings, that he as the Leader of the Opposition really needs to attend in order to brief his caucus regarding issues of national security that they will have to debate in the HoC, again, I can only speculate that it's so he can rage farm more.
I'm a huge PP supporter for a lot of reasons, but I will grant you that your suggestion is an absolute possibility

The alternative is that he thinks the whole thing is beyond stupid, and the facts should be made public. If the Prime Minister of Canada is having dealings with the Communist Party of China in sneaky, backroom arrangements...the people who vote for Canadian leaders should be made aware of those dealings.

And if everything is fairly normal, and the PM isn't involved in anything shady or legally questionable, then there shouldn't be a need to categorize the information as 'Top Secret' and make everybody sign NDA's...

The very moral issue at play here is that the leader of our country will ONLY release the information about his involvement with China IF the people he shares it with pinky promise to NEVER, EVER TELL ANYONE WHAT THAT INVOLVEMENT ACTUALLY IS...

So if his involvement with China IS violating the law, or he IS selling us out in backroom deals...how can the PM be held accountable if even REPORTING such misconduct is itself now a violation?

He couldn't even brief his own cabinet without violating the law, if he went ahead with that. Nor could he be open & honest with us.

PP played it smart - stay out of those dirty waters, there's nothing but sharks and leeches in them...

For a PM who says he has nothing to hide, he sure spends a lot of time & effort making sure people can't report on the things he does.

And the rage isn't being caused by PP in the slightest. As the leader of the official opposition, he's angry and frustrated at how Trudeau is hellbent on destroying our country & how easily the other parties turned their backs on the Canadian people.

He isn't causing the rage, but he is indeed capturing it and focusing it to where it needs to go...

🥂

Boosters'll say "why make the regime look legitimate in any possible way?" or "they just want to tie his hands re: what he can't say".

Haters'll say plausible deniability, "my mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts," "nuance will make simple, easy-to-follow messaging harder to pinpoint," or "easier to bash when you don't have the whole picture."
Well, they aren't a regime, they are the Government in charge, and the people doing the briefings aren't political.

So he's not only remaining ignorant, he's slandering the process as well as the public servants that he would expect to brief him in the PM role.

Actively cultivating ignorance isn't really a quality I want in a leader, and the choice between two shitty guys isn't appealing. Being shitty in a different way is still shitty.

Well, they aren't a regime, they are the Government in charge, and the people doing the briefings aren't political.

So he's not only remaining ignorant, he's slandering the process as well as the public servants that he would expect to brief him in the PM role.

Actively cultivating ignorance isn't really a quality I want in a leader, and the choice between two shitty guys isn't appealing. Being shitty in a different way is still shitty.
There is a whole herd of PS people in Ottawa that thrives on questionable morality and access to the senior politicians (much to the annoyance of the more honourable PS staff) So I would not be surprised that some of the people briefing the PM will bend rules and information to appease him and his circle.

Including PP, who stated that in the House yesterday? Not even le dauphin claimed it was terrorism. Some might say he baited PP into a false statement.

Listening to Fox News this morning on the way to work (I'm up pretty early) they were still claiming that either the car originated in Canada or had Canadian plates.
Responding to my own post seems weird, but yesterday a reporter did call out PP for his statement in the House.

Or maybe in a fluid situation, he should have held his tongue and let investigators do their jobs…🤷‍♂️

Back