• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cabinet Shuffle- (Wednesday 26 July).

No it didn’t. But since uou were the one who posted the ‘parallel’ to Evangelist Christians, I figured I’d butt in to make a point.
But you're not able to deny the parallel within the confines of what was actually stated.

No it didn’t. But since uou were the one who posted the ‘parallel’ to Evangelist Christians, I figured I’d butt in to make a point.
Is this a bad time to bring up the abortion clinic arsons, fire bombings, assassinations etc? Probably a good example of fringe evangelical Christians like the Westboro baptist types.

As an aside, last time I traveled, PAYCUTFORGEN dropped, and this time the MND got replaced by Milequetoast Man. I'm not even sure if she was in the job long enough to figure out the job a bit, but maybe if nothing else she may have picked up that a lot of the issues on procurement are TBS imposed.

I'm not even sure if she was in the job long enough to figure out the job a bit

That’s how the CAF handles postings and positions, so why shouldn’t the same be true for the ministers? Learn your position and finally when you’re proficient, you are moved. No wonder nothing gets accomplished.

That’s how the CAF handles postings and positions, so why shouldn’t the same be true for the ministers? Learn your position and finally when you’re proficient, you are moved. No wonder nothing gets accomplished.
Except in the politicians cases its political. Someone fucked up (Medicino) or someone was doing too well (Anand) or someone was bootlicking (Blair)

Is this a bad time to bring up the abortion clinic arsons, fire bombings, assassinations etc? Probably a good example of fringe evangelical Christians like the Westboro baptist types.

Can I raise you the partition of India, the Holocaust, the Holodomor, the Killing Time, the Dragonnades, the Inquisition, the Albigensian Crusade, the Verden Massacre, the Muslim invasions of the Mediterranean Basin, the slaughter of the Iceni, the rape of the Sabine women, the fall of Troy and the cleansing of Ai?

Frankly, as far as dispute resolution mechanism goes, the longer this discussion continues the more I lean towards leaving decisions in the hands of the gods and tossing a coin.

The same paragraph could be written (though less global in nature) about the SBC/ fundamentalist evangelicals in the US.

In the context of Canadian politics, both represent fringe positions on social issues.
Oh please the world does not revolve around the various voting blocks in the US. There are roughly 1.7 billion Sunni's with most of them brought up exposed to whabbist creed. A smaller but significant number are hardcore fundamentalists, the rest will submit to their edicts, because submission is a major cornerstone of Islam.
Yes I know a lot of good Muslims as well, but get enough in one place then things will change.

As an aside, last time I traveled, PAYCUTFORGEN dropped, and this time the MND got replaced by Milequetoast Man. I'm not even sure if she was in the job long enough to figure out the job a bit, but maybe if nothing else she may have picked up that a lot of the issues on procurement are TBS imposed.
That Church is very good at marketing, they get mentioned almost every-time Islam is brought up, yet there is roughly 70-100 members.

As for the shuffle, he is not just Milequetoast Man, but actually I suspect a harmful influence on the Department and the Military. I suspect morale under his leadership will drop and we will lose more of the smart committed types if he stays long.

Can you offer some legislation or policy examples to back this?
sure but you may not like it. Start with legalization of pot. Continue with the refusal to grant living status to an aborted child that arrives alive;those are specific issues but Kirkhill said it far better than I could

sure but you may not like it. Start with legalization of pot. Continue with the refusal to grant living status to an aborted child that arrives alive;those are specific issues but Kirkhill said it far better than I could

But what does that have to do with secularism and forcing others to follow. If you don't want to use marijuana, don't. If you don't want to terminate a pregnancy, don't. Secularism does nothing to inhibit people pursuing what some call "competing concepts of the good life". All it does is inhibit one religion or belief imposing itself on the rest in the shared public space.

Legalization of cannabis has nothing to do with religious secularism creeping in to law. Nor is it forcing a view on anyone; it eliminated a prohibition. That’s an invalid example for what I asked.

Legalization of abortion was not an act of policy or legislation; it was the courts striking down a prohibition. Yes, you can correctly say that the Charter is a piece of legislation - and it is - but again this was not secularism forcing itself on anyone else. Nor does it obligate any doctor to themselves provide a medical abortion procedure. The striking down of the criminal code prohibition of abortion was, if anything, reversing a status quo where religious notes were forced upon women at the expense of their own autonomy. Again, for several reasons, not an example that addresses my question and that withstands scrutiny.

So…about that cabinet shuffle…
I see some momentum continuing from the energy of Anand, but that’s about it. I predict the Defence Review will be a topic of discussion amongst the usual suspects but will have no real impact at Cabinet and zero interest at caucus. Blair has been put into Defence to kill the emerging importance of the Canadian military in the eyes of the public and Anand into TB to diminish her profile.

I hope to be proven wrong.

I see some momentum continuing from the energy of Anand, but that’s about it. I predict the Defence Review will be a topic of discussion amongst the usual suspects but will have no real impact at Cabinet and zero interest at caucus. Blair has been put into Defence to kill the emerging importance of the Canadian military in the eyes of the public and Anand into TB to diminish her profile.

Mark....TIME!!! Or three paces backward MARCH!!!!

Anand was likely seen as a streamer and relatively untarnished by the Liberal incompetence. Freeland is now too close to Trudeau and fall with him, so it makes sense they bury Anand so she can't lead a caucus revolt. A lot of backbench MPs are pretty scared for their jobs and pensions now.

Anand was likely seen as a streamer and relatively untarnished by the Liberal incompetence. Freeland is now too close to Trudeau and fall with him, so it makes sense they bury Anand so she can't lead a caucus revolt. A lot of backbench MPs are pretty scared for their jobs and pensions now.
I think in the next year or two if Anand managed to take over the Liberal party, it might make their lost flock come back (The liberals have lost many supporters)

I think in the next year or two if Anand managed to take over the Liberal party, it might make their lost flock come back (The liberals have lost many supporters)

Too bad she has the charisma of ... well ... a corporate lawyer ;)

The only issue with that premise is that TB is the worst place to bury anyone if that is the goal. She will be in regular contact with every cabinet minister and parliamentary secretary for every department and agency. She will also be the one to help enable each one’s mandates. If anything she now has more ability to lead a caucus revolt than before assuming that is something that could happen.

If you wanted to bury her you send her to veterans affairs or some other area with little influence.

Back