• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Updated timeline! :

Beyond excited here to finally be on the com list but all considered the process hasn't taken that long!

Recruiting Centre: St. John's , NL
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: Information Systems Technician
Trade Choice 3: Signal Technician
Application: July 20th 2023
First Contact: was none till I went directly into the recruiting centre and asked why.
CFAT: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical Forms: submitted Oct 2023, approved but awaiting final approval
Interview: Oct 12th, 2023
Background Check: Nov 22nd 2023
Competition List: Dec 1st 2023
Position Offered: ...
Enrollment: ...
BMQ: ...

Update,
Finally, Received the offer. Enrolment is scheduled for Dec 11th (Virtual Enrolment only, no in-person enrolment offered) and BMOQ starts Jan 15th, 2024.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Vancouver
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 2: Logistics Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
Application: Sep 20, 2022
First Contact: Sep 21, 2022
CFAT: Oct 6, 2022
Medical 1&2: Oct 18, 2022
Interview: Oct 17, 2022
Medical Approved: Nov 02, 2022
Final Processing: Nov 03, 2022
Interview 2: Sep 20, 2023 (Update Interview completed and cleared)
Reliability Screening: Sep 20, 2023 started
Competition List: Ready for Competition List on Nov 24, 2023
Competition List: Placed on Nov 27th, 2023
Selected: Nov 29th, 2023
Position Offered: Dec 01, 2023 (Artillery Officer)
Enrolment: Scheduled for Dec 11, 2023
BMOQ: Jan 15, 2024 (Scheduled)

Recruiting Centre: Montreal
Trade Choice 1: INFANTRY
Trade Choice 2:
Application: some time in July
First Contact:
CFAT: i kept delaying it, Oct 11 2023
Medical 1&2: Nov 6
Interview: Nov 3
Medical Approved: Nov 7
Final Procossing: Nov 8
Competition List: Dec 1
Selected: Na
Position Offered:na
Enrollment: na

I was told I qualified for essentially every job and would be selected in a day or two but stuck with infantry, so hopefully I get an offer next week
How do you know when medical is approved?

How do you know when medical is approved?
My recruiter told me on the day I did my CFAT and medical when I asked she said your medical looks great just needs to be final approved and then I asked in a email and she said it was final approved. I've emailed my MCC consistently every week or two at minimum with every single step to stay on top of everything

My recruiter told me on the day I did my CFAT and medical when I asked she said your medical looks great just needs to be final approved and then I asked in a email and she said it was final approved. I've emailed my MCC consistently every week or two at minimum with every single step to stay on top of everything
Okay, all I've done so far is fill out and send back the two forms they sent me. What can I expect from here? A phone call and the appointment?

Only CFAT, but medical process has started via email. They wrote they will call me to go through further medical history I think

Only CFAT, but medical process has started via email. They wrote they will call me to go through further medical history I think
Those papers are just more or less release and consent form you will need to be evaluated by a military nurse or doctor and then that gets reviewed by higher ups then approved or disapproved depending on your physical condition

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Officer
File Reopened: October 2, 2023
CFAT: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assesment Security Check Started: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assessment Security Check came back "not required": Nov 20, 2023
Medical: Nov 23, 2023
Medical additional documents: Nov 24, 2023
Interview: Nov 28, 2023
Reliability Screening: November 30, 2023 started
Medical Approved: -
Final Processing: -
Competition List: -
Competition List: -
Selected: -
Position Offered: -
Enrolment: -
BMOQ: -

Those papers are just more or less release and consent form you will need to be evaluated by a military nurse or doctor and then that gets reviewed by higher ups then approved or disapproved depending on your physical condition
Okay sounds good, hopefully hear back soon. Sent those forms back to then on Monday

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Det Winnipeg
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: HSMO
Trade Choice 2: IntelO (not hiring till april '24)
Trade Choice 3: ACO
Application: March 23, 2022
First Contact: March 30, 2022
CFAT: May 17, 2022
redo CFAT: August 31, 2022
Aircrew Selection: April 24, 2023
Interview/Medical: June 27, 2023
Med Forms Submitted: July 25, 2023
Med Fit: July 25-Oct 24, 2023
Background Check: Oct 27- Nov 29, 2023
Competition List: November 30, 2023
Selected: X
Position Offered: X
Enrolment: X
BMOQ: X

Updated timeline again! :

Just got selected today!

Recruiting Centre: St. John's , NL
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: Information Systems Technician
Trade Choice 3: Signal Technician
Application: July 20th 2023
First Contact: was none till I went directly into the recruiting centre and asked why.
CFAT: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical Forms: submitted Oct 2023, approved but awaiting final approval
Interview: Oct 12th, 2023
Background Check: Nov 22nd 2023
Competition List: Dec 1st 2023
Selected: Dec 6th, 2023
Position Offered: ...
Enrollment: ...
BMQ: ...

Congrats man, I've seen all your posts because you were at the same stage, asking the same questions, pretty funny we both got selected the same day.
Thanks bro! and yeah small world eh?! haha your going in for infantry right? that's badass, I'm going in for IST (Information Systems Technician). Maybe well get the same BMQ date, it would be cool to meet someone from here feels like i've been on this site everyday since the application process started for me.

Recruiting Centre: Montreal
Trade Choice 1: INFANTRY
Trade Choice 2:
Application: some time in July
First Contact:
CFAT: i kept delaying it, Oct 11 2023
Medical 1&2: Nov 6
Interview: Nov 3
Medical Approved: Nov 7
Final Procossing: Nov 8
Competition List: Dec 1
Selected: Na
Position Offered:na
Enrollment: na

I was told I qualified for essentially every job and would be selected in a day or two but stuck with infantry, so hopefully I get an offer next week
Have you heard anything else yet?

I got selected today, hopefully I'll get my writin offer this week, thank you to everyone who posted there timeliness made the waiting a whole lot easier.
Ok I was wanting to know if you heard anything further from your original post. See here you have ! Waiting to get on competition list is where it stands as of yesterday. .. process has gone very quickly. So hopeful it will keep going that way. I’m thinking possibly slows down over holidays .. but we will see what happens next week. Infantry also .

Ok I was wanting to know if you heard anything further from your original post. See here you have ! Waiting to get on competition list is where it stands as of yesterday. .. process has gone very quickly. So hopeful it will keep going that way. I’m thinking possibly slows down over holidays .. but we will see what happens next week. Infantry also .
I got selected on the 5th

I was told from my MCC that you can still get offers over the holidays to fill the jan and feb basic spots! I'm currently selected now just waiting for my offer letter next week and then im off to BMQ unless they give me a small time window to gt ready then im going to refuse cause i need more then a week or two to get ready as I dont even own a suitcase cause ive never travelled out of province before haha

Back