• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

I wanted to put my Recruitment Process especially as somebody who has to di it being a Perminent Resident (PR)
Recruiting Centre: CFRC - Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: NWO
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:

Application: January 10th, 2023 ( at CFRC Edmonton - then closed as I relocated to Victoria)
Re-Open Application: November 15th, 2023 (VIctoria, BC)
First Contact: March 30, 2022
CFAT: May 17, 2022
Pre-Assessment application: Nov 22nd, 2023
MOST: January 11th, 2024
Interview/Medical:
Medical Forms Submitted:
Med Fit:
Background Check:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:

I wanted to put my Recruitment Process especially as somebody who has to di it being a Perminent Resident (PR)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:

Application: January 10th, 2023 ( at CFRC Edmonton - then closed as I relocated to Victoria)
Interview/Medical:
Medical Forms Submitted:
Med Fit:
Background Check:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:
PR here as well, but my application is for the Army Reserves. In the same boat honestly there’s been no communication since my security check documentation submission in September. I’ve been told it takes up to 18 months for foreign applicants. I hope it processes faster and best of luck friend!

PR here as well, but my application is for the Army Reserves. In the same boat honestly there’s been no communication since my security check documentation submission in September. I’ve been told it takes up to 18 months for foreign applicants. I hope it processes faster and best of luck friend!
Hey, Just submitted my reliability Screening Docs as well, was also told clearance could take up to 2 years. But lets hope for the Best!

Hey, Just submitted my reliability Screening Docs as well, was also told clearance could take up to 2 years. But lets hope for the Best!
Yep 18 to 24 months is what is being told. I’m supposed to do my citizenship ceremony on the 11th, and I hope that may process it faster but someone on reddit said it still may take time so just hoping for the best now honestly.

Yep 18 to 24 months is what is being told. I’m supposed to do my citizenship ceremony on the 11th, and I hope that may process it faster but someone on reddit said it still may take time so just hoping for the best now honestly.
Hey Congrats man, But still due to being a Naturalized Citizen, CSIS will run the reliability screening not sure which level but, from what i heard it usually takes 4-5 to complete the Information check if you don't have extensive travel history or Foreign assets and a clean criminal background from your native country.

Hey Congrats man, But still due to being a Naturalized Citizen, CSIS will run the reliability screening not sure which level but, from what i heard it usually takes 4-5 to complete the Information check if you don't have extensive travel history or Foreign assets and a clean criminal background from your native country.
I think all PRs applicants agree that 4-5 months sound way better than 2 years. I also was told that each case is different depending on travel history, where did you complete your eduction or what family ties you have outside of Canada.

Anyone who has same timeline like mine?

Recruiting Centre: Regina

Officer/NCM: NCM

Application: Aug 2023

CFAT: Sep 2023

Interview: Nov 2023

Medical: Dec 2023

I think all PRs applicants agree that 4-5 months sound way better than 2 years. I also was told that each case is different depending on travel history, where did you complete your eduction or what family ties you have outside of Canada.
Absolutely but like I’ve been here since I was 15 ( 8 years in Feb), travelled for less than 3 weeks to the USA in 2018, and 2019 and Completed Education here. My father lives abroad but we're no contact so Idk how will that turn out. Hoping for the best honestly, I really do hope that all other PRs applications process faster, it would be so nice to see many people from here and reddit one day in uniform

Update,
Finally, Received the offer. Enrolment is scheduled for Dec 11th (Virtual Enrolment only, no in-person enrolment offered) and BMOQ starts Jan 15th, 2024.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Vancouver
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 2: Logistics Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
Application: Sep 20, 2022
First Contact: Sep 21, 2022
CFAT: Oct 6, 2022
Medical 1&2: Oct 18, 2022
Interview: Oct 17, 2022
Medical Approved: Nov 02, 2022
Final Processing: Nov 03, 2022
Interview 2: Sep 20, 2023 (Update Interview completed and cleared)
Reliability Screening: Sep 20, 2023 started
Competition List: Ready for Competition List on Nov 24, 2023
Competition List: Placed on Nov 27th, 2023
Selected: Nov 29th, 2023
Position Offered: Dec 01, 2023 (Artillery Officer)
Enrolment: Scheduled for Dec 11, 2023
BMOQ: Jan 15, 2024 (Scheduled)
@gotbhp Thanks for this timeline. I am a couple months behind you also applying through Vancouver. The holidays obviously slowed things down but I have interview and medical next week. This post may not be for this thread but could you shed some light on the interview questions? Anything noteworthy or unexpected? I haven't found any recent CO interview tips or prep in any threads. Thanks in advance! And good luck at BMOQ!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
File Reopened: October 2, 2023
CFAT: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assesment Security Check Started: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assessment Security Check came back "not required": Nov 20, 2023
Medical: Nov 23, 2023
Medical additional documents: Nov 24, 2023
Interview: Nov 28, 2023
Reliability Screening: November 30, 2023 started
Medical Approved: -
Final Processing: -
Competition List: -
Competition List: -
Selected: -
Position Offered: -
Enrolment: -
BMOQ: -
@bolukbas : Any update about reliability screening? Have already completed or still going on?

@bolukbas : Any update about reliability screening? Have already completed or still going on?
They stopped processing it because I am a Turkish-Canadian dual citizen and CAF wants proof from me that I am exempt from Turkish mandatory military service. I am in the process of trying to get that

They stopped processing it because I am a Turkish-Canadian dual citizen and CAF wants proof from me that I am exempt from Turkish mandatory military service. I am in the process of trying to get that
Okay...
My reliability screening starts from this January so thinking to know about yours as your and my timeline is pretty much close.

All the best for you 😊

Recruiting Centre: CFRC - Toronto
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:

Application:9th September, 2023 ( at CFRC Toronto)
First Contact: September 30, 2023
CFAT: 19th October, 2023
Pre-Assessment application: ( so far emailed them once and they said it will take up to 18 months because I have PR)
MOST: Dec 5th 2023 (Passed 6th 2023-received call from recruiter very next day just to announce my result)
Interview/Medical: No info
Medical Forms Submitted: No info
Med Fit:
Background Check:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:

Its just wait game hopefully will get more info and I will update it soon.

Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:

Interview/Medical:
Medical Forms Submitted:
Med Fit:
Background Check:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:
MOST: January 11th (Passed).
A couple of updates from the Recruiter Officer today regarding PR applicants:
- Aparently Ottawa has been working on a pilot program starting next month (hhopefully) to allow the share of information between IRCC and The Forces, which can speed up the pre-screening process for PR applicants.

I got selected today, hopefully I'll get my writin offer this week, thank you to everyone who posted there timeliness made the waiting a whole lot easier.
Hi Recapllic,
Would you mind sharing your journey from Medical assessment level ? What happens at medical assessment and afterwards what were the step till this time ?

MOST: January 11th (Passed).
A couple of updates from the Recruiter Officer today regarding PR applicants:
- Aparently Ottawa has been working on a pilot program starting next month (hhopefully) to allow the share of information between IRCC and The Forces, which can speed up the pre-screening process for PR applicants.
where can i find more information on this update?

where can i find more information on this update?
I haven't seen anything online. It was only what the Recruiting Officer told me.
Mostly I'm hoping is true and we don't have to wait 1 year or more, but also being patient for what it can bring a long process as well.

Back