• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

yeah I have heard that a lot about the military, "Hurry up and wait". I'm just an impatient person sometimes so wanting to get everything done, submitted and to hear back on it all. I just saw my family doctor to get some medical forms/bloodwork completed so now just a lot of waiting hahaha
Oh I get it hahaha! I submitted everything as fast as possible and was so anxious when I didn't hear back for weeks! Hopefully, all goes well with the medical forms and bloodtests, and you get to the next part of the process soon!

That is wonderful, not too long to hear back hopefully! Yeah, I heard back from my file manager who said its a wait for the background check to come back before enrolment. I’ve heard mix things about the background check so it may take anywhere from a month to three let’s see how it goes haha
I'm a citizen but wasn't born here I'm sure for Canadian born citizens
yeah I have heard that a lot about the military, "Hurry up and wait". I'm just an impatient person sometimes so wanting to get everything done, submitted and to hear back on it all. I just saw my family doctor to get some medical forms/bloodwork completed so now just a lot of waiting hahaha
Totally feel you. Everyone goes through this after putting so much effort into each step in an application.
Like people in this thread said before, best thing we can do while waiting is just work on ourselves and live our life focus on our civilian jobs/projects. For me time flies by much faster this way and I feel less anxious.

I'm a citizen but wasn't born here I'm sure for Canadian born citizens

Totally feel you. Everyone goes through this after putting so much effort into each step in an application.
Like people in this thread said before, best thing we can do while waiting is just work on ourselves and live our life focus on our civilian jobs/projects. For me time flies by much faster this way and I feel less anxious.
Same for me! I became a Citizen on the 11th of January but afiak it all depends on how much time you've been in Canada, and how much you've been out of Canada as well as other foreign implications (Family, Citizenship, property etc)

Absolutely, you couldn't have said it any better! For me, the worst waiting portions of the application are over with and I don't mind the wait from here because I was worried about my medical and paperwork but from what I've seen and heard it may be 1-3 months of wait for the background check!

Same for me! I became a Citizen on the 11th of January but afiak it all depends on how much time you've been in Canada, and how much you've been out of Canada as well as other foreign implications (Family, Citizenship, property etc)

Absolutely, you couldn't have said it any better! For me, the worst waiting portions of the application are over with and I don't mind the wait from here because I was worried about my medical and paperwork but from what I've seen and heard it may be 1-3 months of wait for the background check!
Mine is kinda similar, I am a citizen for 10 years but wasn't born here. I had to contact cbsa for every time I left the border which was over 30 times and listed it all. I find that if you expect a longer wait time, the CAF may exceed your expectations and surprise you. I expected my checks to be done within 6 months for the amount of jobs ,addresses and travel on there but surprisingly it's all done! It will happen 🀞

UPDATE from yesterday. Trust the process guys!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC CALGARY
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade: AVS Technician (Semi Skilled)
Application: October 21st 2023
CFAT: Nov 18th 2023 (Sent for PLAR after CFAT)
Employment/ Reference Checks: Dec 15 2023
PLAR Approval: Jan 18 2023
Medical & Interview: Feb 2nd 2023
Final Processing: Feb 4th 2023
Competition List: Feb 6th 2023
Selected: Feb 7th 2023
Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMQ: Pending

Congrats! May the gods continue to bless your process!! Maybe we'll be in BMQ together!

Congrats! And yeah trusting the process is something I will do more religiously from now

It's crazy how waiting times are different from a CFRC to another. I did my medical/interview on Dec. 12th and still waiting.
No wonder, I'm from Edmonton, and has been months since I submitted my docs, it feels like my MC ghosted me.

I wanted to share my timeline from the perspective of a slightly chaotic application process, just in case anyone else is experiencing something similar. Despite encountering several unexpected hiccups that were beyond my control, I made sure to check in for updates at least once per month. However, I'm excited that it is moving forward now!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Vancouver
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Signals Officer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application: April 16, 2023
First Contact: April 18, 2023
CFAT: April 23, 2023
Medical: Sep 18, 2023
Medical Approved: Oct 15, 2023
Interview: Jan 22, 2024
Reliability Screening: Feb 7, 2024
Reliability Screening Granted: Feb 9, 2024
Pre-security Screening: Started Feb 9, 2024
Pre-Security Screening cleared:
Final Processing:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolled:
BMOQ:
It’s almost 1year. Hope now process will be fast. Let us update your timeline.

Wish you all the very best.

I called my local CFRC this morning and was told that since Feb 8th, the medical section requires an extra support document or test following my medical I did mid-December.

This shows how important you need to give your CFRC a call every week / 2 weeks to get updates and getting your application rolling to prevent any downtime.

I called my local CFRC this morning and was told that since Feb 8th, the medical section requires an extra support document or test following my medical I did mid-December.

This shows how important you need to give your CFRC a call every week / 2 weeks to get updates and getting your application rolling to prevent any downtime.
Totally agree with you! every two to three weeks and one call/email! For me last communication was that the Background check has to come back favourable before enrollment so I'm gonna check again if I don't hear back by mid march probably.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
File Reopened: October 2, 2023
CFAT: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assesment Security Check Started: Oct 16, 2023
Pre-Assessment Security Check came back "not required": Nov 20, 2023
Medical: Nov 23, 2023
Medical additional documents: Nov 24, 2023
Interview: Nov 28, 2023
Reliability Screening: November 30, 2023 started
Medical Approved: December 17, 2023
Final Processing: January 18, 2024
Competition List: January 25, 2024
Selected: -
Position Offered: -
Enrolment: -
BMOQ: -

Hopefully soon
Selected: Never Showed on Portal
Position Offered: Artillery Officer Feb 13, 2024
Enrolment: Feb 16, 2024
BMOQ: Feb 26, 2024

Last edited:
Selected: Never Showed on Portal
Position Offered: Artillery Officer 13/02/2024
Enrolment: 16/02/2024
BMOQ: 26/02/2024
Congratulations!

FINAL UPDATE Good luck to everyone in the process! Hope you all reach your goals and don't have to wait too long.

Anyone else starting BMQ same week?

PLAR Approval: Jan 18 2024
Medical & Interview: Feb 2nd 2024
Final Processing: Feb 4th 2024
Competition List: Feb 6th 2024
Selected: Feb 7th 2024
Offered: Feb 13th 2024
Enrollment: Feb 27th 204
BMQ: March 6th 2024

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Trade 1: Intelligence Operator
Application: December 27 2023
CFAT: January 11 2024
Employment/ Reference Checks: Pending (Forms sent out, still waiting for them to be completed)
Medical & Interview: January 24 2024
Final Processing: Pending
Competition List: Pending
Selected: Pending
Update:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Trade 1: Intelligence Operator
Application: December 27 2023
CFAT: January 11 2024
Employment/ Reference Checks: February 12 2024
Medical & Interview: January 24 2024 (Updated February 14 2024, supplemental Med forms completed need to be submitted)
Final Processing: Pending
Competition List: Pending
Selected: Pending

good day everyone, got my offer last feb 8 and just wanted to share my timeline in here.

also if there is any grpchat for bmq for march 25 pls add me 😁 wanted to get to know people beforehand

recruiting center: cfrc calgary
regular/reserve: regular
trade choice: armoured ncm, infantry ncm
application: feb 15, 2023
closed file due to my studies: march to sept 2023
re-opened file: sept 15, 2023
cfat: oct 26, 2023 (failed it lol)
signed waiver for cfat retake: nov 29, 2023
received an email regarding fastpass: dec 13, 2023
medical part 1 and 2 with interview: january 15, 2024
deemed medically fit: january 16, 2024
final processing: jan 17 to jan 30, 2024
competition list: first week of feb
selected: unknown as my portal isn't working πŸ˜…
position offered: feb 8, 2024 for armoured
enrollment: march 19, 2024
bmq: march 25, 2024

good day everyone, got my offer last feb 8 and just wanted to share my timeline in here.

also if there is any grpchat for bmq for march 25 pls add me 😁 wanted to get to know people beforehand

recruiting center: cfrc calgary
regular/reserve: regular
trade choice: armoured ncm, infantry ncm
application: feb 15, 2023
closed file due to my studies: march to sept 2023
re-opened file: sept 15, 2023
cfat: oct 26, 2023 (failed it lol)
signed waiver for cfat retake: nov 29, 2023
received an email regarding fastpass: dec 13, 2023
medical part 1 and 2 with interview: january 15, 2024
deemed medically fit: january 16, 2024
final processing: jan 17 to jan 30, 2024
competition list: first week of feb
selected: unknown as my portal isn't working πŸ˜…
position offered: feb 8, 2024 for armoured
enrollment: march 19, 2024
bmq: march 25, 2024
Congratulations! Your application went pretty fast from the Medical to Enrollment.

Would recommend checking out Hansol's Guide to BMQ on the site, you can google it and it should come up! It is from 2006 but from what I've read and heard it still applies to BMQ.

I'm in a dilemma as I'm debating switching occupations to Armoured from Infantry (Toronto Scottish to Governer General's Horse Gaurd as I'm a PRes applicant) but I'm debating to go for Armoured Officer instead after I finish school as my dad was also an Armoured Officer!

Best of luck!!

Congratulations! Your application went pretty fast from the Medical to Enrollment.

Would recommend checking out Hansol's Guide to BMQ on the site, you can google it and it should come up! It is from 2006 but from what I've read and heard it still applies to BMQ.

I'm in a dilemma as I'm debating switching occupations to Armoured from Infantry (Toronto Scottish to Governer General's Horse Gaurd as I'm a PRes applicant) but I'm debating to go for Armoured Officer instead after I finish school as my dad was also an Armoured Officer!

Best of luck!!
Following in your father's footsteps is all well and good, but you'll also want to try to make your own footprint on your military experience, not have it coloured by your father's. Either way, good luck with shifting occupations if you do go through with it.

Back