• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Air force CELE DEO regular applicants here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksparrow

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Did the cfat, interview and medical already, just waiting for the security checks to come back from Ottawa, as am originally from the UK. Anyone here going into the regulars as an officer too for this occupation? For those that have gone in, how was basic training, what to expect, and any advice you might have is greatly appreciated.

Oh....how long did you have to decided from the time they called you to offer you the job and pack your bags for basic training?

Cheers

JS

I'm CELE DEO applicant here too. I applied in early August, 2007 and did the CFAT, interview, and medical the same month. I was then merit listed in late November of 2007.

I've been waiting for a job offer ever since. For now I'm just trying to hang in there and do everything I can to make ends meet and hope the misery will end sooner rather than later.

Good luck with your application.

Still haven't heard anything yet. I guess it does take that long for level 3 clearance

Level III can take up to 2 years (or even longer).  I think it is unlikely that there would be an investment in Level III clearances before you have been sworn it -- although I stand to be corrected if it is necessary for CELE.  Perhaps you meant ERC?

I don't think you are getting a Lvl III check done.  Especially if it is as Scoutfinch says.  You are no doubt going through the normal security screening, which in your case is going to take longer than most others, as you stated you were from the UK.  This mean that there will be delays of up to two years or more, in some cases, as the security people communicate with their counterparts in the UK.  Had you come to Canada from a nation that does not have similar reciprocal security arrangements with Canada, you would probably be rejected.  This has all been covered many times before in the topics on Security Clearances and Enhanced Reliability.  This means you may fare better with a SEARCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back