• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2013 EX Maple Flag

WingsofFury

Inactive
Reaction score
From today...man, I hate editing on my laptop without Lightroom....

And a different take on a Belgian heavy...

What is the outboard pod in the Columbian Transport?

I assume that it's a transport with a refueling package on it. Could that be the fueling drogue?

Looks like a Probe and drogue pod, judging by the folded up drogue in the pod.

Great pics.  Question though, what is the plane with the Canadian flag on it?  I thought at first it was a CT-155 Hawk but the plane in the image has 2 engines vice 1.

Canadian.Trucker said:
Great pics.  Question though, what is the plane with the Canadian flag on it?  I thought at first it was a CT-155 Hawk but the plane in the image has 2 engines vice 1.

Its an Alpha Jet, I believe from this company: http://www.discoveryair-ds.com/page?a=528&lang=en-CA.

They often support our exercises as Air to Ground support.

HULK_011 said:
Its an Alpha Jet, I believe from this company: http://www.discoveryair-ds.com/page?a=528&lang=en-CA.

They often support our exercises as Air to Ground support.

Hulk is correct, its contracted through the CATS program as a cheaper alternative for training than the hornet. "Civilian" pilots with CF EWOs in the backseat.

What are on the wing tips? Im guessing on the left wing tip is an Aim-9 without fins so you can lock on, but not shoot someone down. What about the right wing?

Dont be to hard on me if Im wrong... Im just a simple tanker!  8)

It looks like its the ACIM which records flight information for training purposes but I could be wrong. That hornet is looking old....needs some paint

Singapore F-15SE kicking it into the vertical after doing a touch and go this morning...long live jet noise.

Ahhhh 767.... Lots of memories of flights over Libya with her... 

Orange strips to make it EASY to identify red air?  Ya right....

Back