• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security clearance

Recapllic

Reaction score
I did my interview the 3rd and medical yesterday, I received notification that my medical cleared today, how long does it typically take from this point to be moved to final processing as well as the competition list

For the Final processing stage to appear on my applicant portal it didn't take long for me maybe a week but I'm also still waiting for my background check and security clearance to come back it's been a month now. But im hoping it comes back any day now

I had a previous medical issue that required further information but I was declared Med Fit August 8th and was told my security clearance was in progress. I was finally moved to final processing October 18th and moved to the “ready for competition list” bin November 9th. Can really depend on each applicant I guess

I did my interview the 3rd and medical yesterday, I received notification that my medical cleared today, how long does it typically take from this point to be moved to final processing as well as the competition list
Cleaerance is not the same as relability. Clearance, unless you have foreign implications, won't be started until St. Jean. Otherwise what they are doing is a reliability check, which should take around a month if nothing is flagged. A clearacne are backed up now and you can wait 2 years for a TS.

Cleaerance is not the same as relability. Clearance, unless you have foreign implications, won't be started until St. Jean. Otherwise what they are doing is a reliability check, which should take around a month if nothing is flagged. A clearacne are backed up now and you can wait 2 years for a TS.
Would a bankruptcy affect any of this?

Would a bankruptcy affect any of this?
A bankruptcy definitely can impact security clearance. But the point of a security clearance is to assess risk, e.g. of corruption, compromise, blackmail, etc. If you’ve been handling everything on the up and up, and particularly if your bankruptcy is discharged, it need not be a show stopper.

A bankruptcy definitely can impact security clearance. But the point of a security clearance is to assess risk, e.g. of corruption, compromise, blackmail, etc. If you’ve been handling everything on the up and up, and particularly if your bankruptcy is discharged, it need not be a show stopper.
Appreciate the reply and good to know :)

2 years for TS would be fast; took almost 18 months to process my secret clearance (which doesn't actually expire and has no where near the level of scrutiny)

2 years for TS would be fast; took almost 18 months to process my secret clearance (which doesn't actually expire and has no where near the level of scrutiny)
Secret is valid for 10 years. The only big difference with TS is a character references check. Enhanced TS is where things are a lot more in depth (polygraph, open-source inquiry, etc).

That polygraph is inadmissible in court is telling... But that it's a US requirement and therefore we do it is also telling.

#ThumbtackInYourShoeAndPuckerYourAss

Back