• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

I believe it happened the next day, moving from the "ready for competition list" to "competition list". What's MPO?

Okay, thanks. So, I guess at these selection boards they go through those who are on the competition list and choose from there?
They pick the top candidates on the competition list according to the amount of spots they have for each trade. So if they have 10 spots, top 10 will be chosen for further processing.

They pick the top candidates on the competition list according to the amount of spots they have for each trade. So if they have 10 spots, top 10 will be chosen for further processing.
And the list is ranked based of the candidate's Interview and CFAT score and some other stuff right?

From what I read on forums, it's thought to be: (Correct me if I am wrong)
60% CFAT
15% TSD-Pl
25% interview/other

For Aircrew trades, AST counts for 50%.

60% CFAT
15% TSD-Pl
25% interview/other

That sounds right. Also do you have any idea if you're put on the competition list for one trade or all the ones you applied for?

That sounds right. Also do you have any idea if you're put on the competition list for one trade or all the ones you applied for?
You are only put on competition lists once ALL the trades that you selected are completely processed. Example, if you applied for Engineer Officer and Pilot. You will only be put on the CL once you complete all Pilot prerequisites (aircrew medical, AST, CFEME medical) even though you don't need those for Engineer officer.

Has anyone heard from their references if they have been contacted?
I got an email from CAF back in December notifying me that they had begun email my references and a date in which my references needed to respond by, so yes I know all my references have been contacted by email, I believe there was a form they had to fill out online.

Has anyone heard from their references if they have been contacted?
i knew all of my references personally, and so when I submitted them for my references, I let them know that they should expect an email from the CAF, especially once I started getting reminder emails from the CAF's chosen 3rd party provider

i knew all of my references personally, and so when I submitted them for my references, I let them know that they should expect an email from the CAF, especially once I started getting reminder emails from the CAF's chosen 3rd party provider
How are the references checked through a 3rd party provider (just curious). I have no idea if my references have ever been contacted, but I also heard that sometimes they don't check younger folks.

How are the references checked through a 3rd party provider (just curious). I have no idea if my references have ever been contacted, but I also heard that sometimes they don't check younger folks.
I was 16 when I started my application but they still checked my references lol, I pretty sure its through Gambit Id, which does background checks and stuff like that, from what my teacher showed me it was just a email with like a form with questions to fill out, I've heard they sometimes call references too.

60% CFAT
15% TSD-Pl
25% interview/other

What is TSD-PI? "Other" includes references?

I found this interesting, if you go to FAQ-question 8 on the Canadian Military Collage Saint-Jean website you can see how many offers were made last year and the year before for each trade. (I couldn’t find the same stats for RMC Kingston but still interesting)FAQ - Futurs Students - Royal Military College Saint-Jean (RMC saint-Jean)
It does give a good idea, however it can change drastically this year. I was told by my MCC that there are 25 ACSO spots this year while only 4 were offered at St-Jean for the 2023 cohorte. There was also 9 spots left in total for Pilot while 10 were offered just for St-Jean for 2023.

It does give a good idea, however it can change drastically this year. I was told by my MCC that there are 25 ACSO spots this year while only 4 were offered at St-Jean for the 2023 cohorte. There was also 9 spots left in total for Pilot while 10 were offered just for St-Jean for 2023.
It’s interesting, but I agree the offers sent out change drastically depending where they need people each year.

Has anyone been moved to selected for ROTP since feb 13th?
Yes. But I read in another post that in terms of ROTP, there is another selection that needs to take place… do you know if this is the case?

Back