• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why are we importing dead Canadian soldiers?

scm77

Inactive
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds this headline extremely tasteless?  :mad:

Check out: http://bourque.com/

They will change it eventually as newer stories come up, so I've attached a picture so everyone can see.

(click for hi-res)

Bourque.com is a site that posts links to news articles and other stories. Basically a Canadian "Drudge Report".  It's viewed by millions of Canadians each month.  So it's not just some loony left wing hippie site (at least it doesn't intend to be).

If you want to, fire away: pierre@bourque.com

ps: sorry if this has already been posted, I searched but couldn't find anything.

Thank you Scotty,

I have already submitted a comment to Bourqa

People somehow managed to get forsakethetroops.com to shut down. Maybe the same can be done to that traitorous idiot?

A whois search returned this:*
Registrant: Make this info private
  Bourque Newswatch Canada 
  Box 4895. Station E
  Ottawa, ONTARIO K1S 5J1 
  CANADA 

Domain Name: BOURQUE.COM 

Administrative Contact :   
  Bourque, Pierre 
  pierre@bourque.com 
  Box 4895, Station E
  Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5J1 
  CA 
  Phone: 613-859-2651 
  Fax: 999 999 9999 

Technical Contact :   
  Network Solutions, LLC. 
  customerservice@networksolutions.com 
  13861 Sunrise Valley Drive
  Herndon, VA 20171 
  US 
  Phone: 1-888-642-9675 
  Fax: 571-434-4620 

Record expires on 30-Aug-2008 
  Record created on 31-Aug-1995 
  Database last updated on 09-Oct-2006 

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS 

NS.MOHAWKISP.NET    66.212.224.241   
  NS2.MOHAWKISP.NET    66.212.224.242   

Show underlying registry data for this record 

Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC. 
IP Address: 66.212.224.244  (ARIN & RIPE IP search) 
IP Location: CA(CANADA) 
Record Type: Domain Name 
Server Type: Apache 2 
Lock Status: clientTransferProhibited 
Web Site Status: Active 
DMOZ  1 listings 
Y! Directory:  see listings 
Secure: No 
E-commerce: Yes 
Traffic Ranking: 3 
Data as of: 12-Sep-2006 

*This is all publicly available on the internet.

Don't forget that Bourque takes money to post sensationalized headlines. As such, I wouldn't be too quick to come to conclusions since the story that links to isn't in the same light. I would suspect someone wants to influence people using Bourque as a tool. That doesn't make the headline right and hopefully Mr. Bourque realizes that in the future and uses some better judgement in his choice of wording. Obviously he doesn't appreciate the freedoms that are hard won by people better than he.

Peter :salute:

Apparently Army 'chit chatters' have declared war on Bourque, if you check out his site now. ::)

It's tabloid journalism, giving it attention only serves their purpose.

Yeah, apparently were at war with Bourque now.  Just go the warning order and I'm preparing my kit.  Rumour is they are busing in some air cadets to handle it.  Seeing as how they have more maturity it should be over by Easter.  Personally I think it's hopeless.  I plan on setting up a ridiculous poll about it... ;D

It "The Army Chit-Chatters" link leads to this thread.

I see four types of people who will click on the link:

• Those who will look around, decide it's not for them, and leave
  • Those who will look around, disagree with us, and engage us in intelligent conversation
  • Those who will look around, agree with us, and become members
  • Those who will come in, leave a drive-by smearing, and leave

I see it as free advertising for the site!

The fourth type may make some work for the Mods.  I guess we'll just have to see.  It may also give an indication of how popular Mr. Bourque's site is (not that it matters - just idle curiousity.)

Roy

Well just look at some of the comments left on his site about that poll.  Says it all in my view.

Crantor said:
Well just look at some of the comments left on his site about that poll.  Says it all in my view.

Crantor - I couldn't find a comments section, am I missing something?  Could you post a link, maybe?

Roy

I hope the fourth type ain't the bigger of the 97 , oups
101 118 guests that are looking at this thread!

ADD : main page is http://army.ca/  , if any of the guests are wondering...  :D

Here's the comments for his poll.
http://bourque.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/pollresults/068/comments.html

Scotty said:
Here's the comments for his poll.
http://bourque.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/pollresults/068/comments.html

Thanks - I didn't take the poll - thus explaining why I missed the comments.

Gentlemen,

I am a daily reader of Bourque - quite right, similar to the Drudge Report.  I checked and re-checked the headline - about importing dead Canadian Soldiers, which then also had a Poll attached to it.

For those who are freaking out - well, just slow down and engage brain.  The subtle point is - our Country to Country Trade is virtually nil, with Afghanistan.  Thus, so far, the implied intent is - all we are importing from the 'Stan is our own dead soldiers.  

As a serving Reg Force officer - feel free to check my profile - the headline is controversial - but certainly not meant to be insulting, to the sacrifices of our soldiers.  Anyone who is a regular reader of Bourque will see he posts a significant amount of both pro - and con - info on his site.  And certainly, I would submit he has been a very strong supporter of the serving CF members, in my opinion.  

Perhaps most telling, in my opinion, is that the Poll on site, has the majority in favour of remaining in the 'Stan, vice pulling out.

So, those of you who wish to wage war, with a fellow who is, on balance, a friend of serving CF members, would be taking, what I believe, is ill considered action.  We are in the 'Stan to protect freedom of speech, freedom from tyranny, yadda yadda - so it seems a bit hypocritical to then attack someone in our own country for writing a perhaps, too subtle, headline.  However, in a free and democratic country, go forth and exercise your democratic rights - as you see fit.  

Roy Harding said:
I see it as free advertising for the site!
It appears you are correct.  There are 580 "guests" viewing this site right now, and 113 of them are reading this thread.

TN2IC ready for battle...

Right....

maori9433.jpg

FireMission said:
Thus, there is no such thing as bad publicity - good insight Scotty.

Apparently not...and steadily climbing with a count of 123 in this thread now. 114 are guests.

Back