• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whos going to the April 12th BMQ?

jarko

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wanna see, and hopefully meet some people that will be going to the BMQ i am assigned to go to.. Also when you get the list for the kit??

Guess i will be the only one doing my BMQ on the 12th..

I'm being sworn in on the 4th, not sure when my flight is yet, but I do start the 12th aswell :D!

Have any of you been told whether or not your Basic training is longer then 10 weeks, When i went through basic about  8 months ago, their was a few platoons behind me who were pilot testing an 11 week and a 12 week basic, Our instructers had also told us that their was talk about extending it to 14 weeks and getting rid of SQ.Can any of you confirm if basic has indeed been extended in length on a regular basis?

Clipse,

Toronto recruiting center??? I'm going to be sworn in on the 4th also..d

Blackhawk the BMQ is from April 12. 05 to June 16, 05 - Couple days over 8 weeks..

I'm in the Mississauga center one, damn 8am I have to be there, but I dont get sworn in until 1pm.

Weird thing is, they told me i have some small interview on that day... yeah 8 am here also, its not that early compared to getting used to 5 am wake up.

Clipse said:
I'm in the Mississauga center one, darn 8am I have to be there, but I dont get sworn in until 1pm.

Hehe get start getting used to earlier mornings than that!
The reason you have to go early is to fill in a load of forms, get a security brief, more forms, small interview with an officer, more forms. I just did mine last wednesday.
Have a good day!

Whats this interview on? Is it just a overview of whats going to happen and more information?

I pmed morgs about it, heres what he said

Hey there, in my case the interview was given by the same officer giving the security brief. Basically he just asks you if any of your information has changes (drug use, medical history, crimanal history, marital status etc) then he went into a little bit more detail on security and asked me if i was still "sure" this is what i wanted to do.
If i can answer any more questions feel free to ask.
Cheers,
Morgs

Thx Morgs

Clipse said:
Thanks Morgs :)

Hey, no problem! I would have posted it here if i'd have seen your question.
Like i said, if anyone has any more questions about the swearing in day, feel free to post them.
Cheers,
Morgs

Hey, i'll be there April 12th. My recruiters here in Ottawa said they were sending some kind of "package" in the mail before my swearing in. It's been a couple weeks now and i still got nothin'. Anyone know what i'm talking about and have you received it yet?

Choppa said:
Hey, i'll be there April 12th. My recruiters here in Ottawa said they were sending some kind of "package" in the mail before my swearing in. It's been a couple weeks now and i still got nothin'. Anyone know what i'm talking about and have you received it yet?

I've heard several people on this site saying they got sent a package or their is one on the way. I never got sent a package nor was I told I  was going to get one. I did however, leave the swearing in ceremony with a package, I can only assume that it is the same one as people received in the mail. Mine consisted of:

CFLRS BMQ Joining instructions;
Recruit basic training "typical day" information sheet;
Pre enrollment/Security briefing;
Travel log, so you log how much everything cost to get to CFLRS so they can reimburse you;
Travel Itinerary;
Security clearance form; and
Canadian Forces Leave Request/Authorisation form.

Hope this answers your question.
Cheers,
Morgs

Hey, I start basic on the 12th also.  Swear in, here at Edmonton,on April 1,  I only have to be there an hour before the actual ceremony though.  For those of you interested the mail out package consists of: Acceptance letter, Info about your MOC and pay scale, a guide for physical fitness, and joining instructions (which includes your kit list and a general idea of what is covered in basic).

lol all you guys are getting sworn in on april 1st, and I'm on the 4th...

hey guys just wanted to Update ya i called my RC and im still swearing in on April 1st at 10am and now they have already purchased train tickets and stuff for the kids down here leaving April 10th to be there for the 12th and im one of those guys hehe..Well write to me if your from Windsor or nearby going on the same train.
Justin.

I guess you'll have to cut down that moptop of yours, eh Justin!  ;D

Cheers man,  see you on the field - FOLLOW THE SAPPER!  :warstory:

Hey clipse,

I found out i will be flying out of Pearson airport on the 10th, not sure what time yet, but my recruiter told me on the 10th. Let me know when you are flying out :)

See everybody there!!

Back