• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When Hubbies Away....

Danjanou

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Ok is it just me or is the woman a few fries short of a happy meal? ::)

http://www.wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=33194

I think the argument could be made that that's grounds for divorce.

There's crazy....and then there is just plain insane!  ::)

Lets just hope she only uses it for going to dinner/movies/shopping.....& not other things!!  :eek:

swanita said:
Lets just hope she only uses it for going to dinner/movies/shopping.....& not other things!!   :eek:

i wonder if it has different attachments...  ;D

I agree it may be a little insane, but it beats:

the Tide box in the window, French side out,
Saturday night at the Great Canadian Warehouse, or worse yet
having a standing account with the towns best divorce lawyer.

It it were my wife, I'd find it funny too. (And I know by attracting attention to herself like that, she could never get away with an affair.)

the Tide box in the window, French side out

When i visited my buddies in the shacks I used to throw up the old soap box's in their windows for a joke when they weren't looking.  Great laughs (for one person anyways)

I think it's a pretty original and funny way for her to handle a long separation.  If all the spouses of people on tour chose a harmless diversion like this, rather than the traditional " big 3" (booze/drugs, gambling, extracurricular sofa rugby), there would be a whole lot fewer after deployment divorces.  On a side note, in Lahr, the single rats always knew when hubby was away:  OMO (Old Man's Out) soapbox in the kitchen windows in Area 31.

That's pretty funny.  I'd agree that it's better than the tide box in the window, that's for sure.

I'll have ask around about this - my wife is from Saint Marys, which is the home of Sub Base King's Bay and the USS West Virginia...

Ghost778 said:
When i visited my buddies in the shacks I used to throw up the old soap box's in their windows for a joke when they weren't looking.   Great laughs (for one person anyways)

Isn't that just a CF "urban legend"? Has anyone actually seen this take place? Or, God forbid, taken advantage of said soap box?

What is the whole soap box in the window story? I haven't heard about it could someone fill me in?

Always carry the regimental stickers in the pocket....

and put 'em on the back of the head boards.. ;)

dileas

tess

SOP when I got to Winnipeg was to always check the back of the headboard.

RHFC said:
What is the whole soap box in the window story? I haven't heard about it could someone fill me in?
Dont feel bad I'm lost too. And what is this thing with the stickers?

Legend has it..

1. Tide is used as a substitute for OMO laundry detergent. OMO coincidentally stood for "Old Man Out."
An invitation, in other words.

2.  Regimental decals were afixed behind the headboard of a visited bed, so when the husband came home from the field/op/ex/course, he could rest assured his frau had been "looked after", as it were.

But, as I wrote above, pure legend.

Tom

Area 31-9-9

When I got to Halifax from the Army, everybody used to talk about these key parties and of course the Soap Boxes in Shannon Park.

Petawawa is still the center of debauchery with Shannon/Wallis a real close second.

Crow..

Yep,

The stories of area 31 have merit as do the rumors of unit decals.

Same with the stories of Swingers parties in Shilo in the 80's and the married couples in Gagetown, just not married to each other.

;)

HFXCrow said:
Area 31-9-9

When I got to Halifax from the Army, everybody used to talk about these key parties and of course the Soap Boxes in Shannon Park.

Petawawa is still the center of debauchery with Shannon/Wallis a real close second.

Crow..

Oh it went on in Gagetown and Calgary too!

The best is when we have our Monday morning Section meeting (confession) and some OS/AB says, "U guys know MS Bloggins or PO Joeblow" from HMCS (Insert name)

(Of Course I know him) Laugh w/ section

I was at his house this weekend for breakfast!!

In Petawawa for me it was Copperfields as a young whipper snapper then Halifax was the New Palace.

The deployed wives club hangouts!

Priceless!!!

TCBF said:
Legend has it..

1. Tide is used as a substitute for OMO laundry detergent. OMO coincidentally stood for "Old Man Out."
An invitation, in other words.

2.  Regimental decals were afixed behind the headboard of a visited bed, so when the husband came home from the field/op/ex/course, he could rest assured his frau had been "looked after", as it were.

But, as I wrote above, pure legend.

Tom

When I was in Halifax I was told that the sailors would return from the ship they turn the mattress and look for another ship's sticker - same idea as the headboard I guess....

Back