• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

6V666 said:
I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in diferent place with  a Lawyer and CBC present. It is a new World  not 1960!!!!

Somewhere there is a tree, working tirelessly to produce oxygen so you can breathe and, I'm sad to say, talk. I believe you owe it an apology.

6V666 said:
I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in diferent place with  a Lawyer and CBC present. It is a new World  not 1960!!!!

Son, you are barking up the wrong tree. Bring a lawyer and CBC next time someone counsels you properly for dress and deportment... Fact is, neither would bother to give you the time of day, as counseling for deficiencies is still most certainly allowed in the CF (indeed in most civi workplaces too).

6V666 said:
Ok,  everybody is right in a way. Lets not forget we are in 2012 all  the CF regulations were riten long long time ago way before Human Rights came in play. Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble.  RIGHTS. I keep hearing everyday  Discrimination or Singling Out words.  What is more sad that I am in Borden where suposed to be more discipline

Umm?  Do you know how stupid that made you sound.  Yes it is 2012, and soon it will be 2013.  Guess what.  Just take a look at any of the CF Regulations and Orders and you will see that they are ROUTINELY ammended and updated.......We are not operating off of 1960 CF Regulations anymore than you are getting paid at the 1960 rates for your Pay Level.

OH!....By the way, a Private on up to CDS can't listen to an iPod or Cell Phone, etc. in some of the places I work.

6V666 said:
I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in diferent place with  a Lawyer and CBC present.

No, we'll meet in front of a service tribunal where I, or someone like me, will have my head dress on, but you will not!

I wonder if his lawyer can also help address this godawful requirement for me to wear underwear in uniform.

Shamrock said:
I wonder if his lawyer can also help address this godawful requirement for me to wear underwear in uniform.

Hell, Let's just all go naked! 

But you still have to wear your headdress in a PMV ;D

winnipegoo7 said:
12. Military and Privately Owned Motor Vehicles (PMV)

a. Members wearing the uniform shall wear appropriate headdress while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicle except:

(1) if the roof of the vehicle is too low to permit headdress to be worn with comfort and safety;

(2) on extended trips;

(3) on order of the senior members present; and

(4) in a staff car, PMV or bus

I'm confused. Doesn't para 4 say that head dress is NOT required in a PMV? Which regulation do you have that contradicts this one?

I love line (1) I drive my 85 CJ7 Jeep topless from the first of May till Labour day, head dress never stays on past 20km. Hell at 10 km the fold starts to create lift.

Shamrock said:

We had a stand by your bed inspection by the outgoing School RSM in Borden in our skivies while on my 5's...with ID discs on, environmentally appropriate boots and head dress.  The ladies on the course wore isolation gowns in the interest of modesty.

We also had a course standard of "No underwear Thursdays" as well...

MM

Shamrock said:

Underwear? Wassat?

medicineman said:
We also had a course standard of "No underwear Thursdays" as well...

MM

Which is illegal against dress regs:

"Undergarments including a brassiere for
female personnel shall be worn under all orders of
dress and shall be of an appropriate colour so as
not to be visible through uniform items of clothing."

Bzzliteyr said:
Which is illegal against dress regs:

"Undergarments including a brassiere for
female personnel shall be worn under all orders of
dress and shall be of an appropriate colour so as
not to be visible through uniform items of clothing."

Never served in a kilted regiment I take it? 8)

Infanteer said:
Is this going anywhere?

flushing_toilet.jpg

;D

I disagree.. yes it's going nowhere but there is valuable information here that younger people could use, especially 6V666.

I have a difficult time knwing the CF has twitter feeds, facebook pages, veterans websites but still has no dress regulations posted online for anyone to download as a PDF.  I wonder what rules I'd be breaking if I put it up on dropbox to share?

Intersting, using the search terms "CF dress regulations" and "cfp 265" I get nowhere near that site (using Bing on DND computer).

What term did you use?

Bzzliteyr said:
Intersting, using the search terms "CF dress regulations" and "cfp 265" I get nowhere near that site (using Bing on DND computer).

What term did you use?

Underlined. I do however question how quickly any updates may make it there. That said, most of us (if it is major) I am sure will hear it through a CANFORGEN or through the CoC grapevine.

Wow, that's the latest version!! 

We need to post that link and make it a sticky somewhere.

Pat in Halifax said:
That said, most of us (if it is major) I am sure will hear it through a CANFORGEN or through the CoC grapevine.
...or through the time-honoured method of having a Sergeant-Major (or Coxswain for the Navy folks) tear us a new orifice.

.... for the Airforce I guess the Chief would snub them, or not give any hugs or high-fives, until their sensitivity kicked in and they thought "I've hurt his feelings; what have I done wrong?"

Actually, even mentioning "Airforce" (not to be confused with Tac Hel) in a dress & deportment thread is vaguely ludicrous;)

Back