• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

TDOs are purple so would be the cadet corps were all three uniforms? Instead of sailing boats, camping and shooting rifles, or flying in gliders do they sit at a desk? Do they become experts on writing POs, EOs and lesson plans?

OK ... I assume officers and CWOs will be given a clothing allowance to allow them have service dress uniforms properly tailored - a Sam Browne worn on a poorly fitted/improperly tailored uniform looks sloppy. I also hope that all officers and CWOs will understand that it takes hours and bloody hours to properly polish a Sam Browne and that an unpolished belt looks sh!tty, as does the person wearing it.
Lol, tailoring allowance.

You can go to the base tailor for free, but if they are the same quality as the navy ones, it's not worth it. Had to get a new Navy tunic (because it was too tight on my shoulders, working out in frustration has some benefits I guess), and the new one looks so horibbly cheap in comparison, with giant, obvious stitches that I have to assume are a deliberate choice it's kind of sad. Aside from not having to commute, and not having a proper screen, docking station, desk or keyboard at the office, not having to wear the new DEUs is yet another reason to not want to go into work. It's like wearing a sackcloth of shame tailored by someone who hates everyone, so is a weird combination of uncomfortably binding while also having way too much fabric somehow at the same time. I love getting a shirt that is 42" at the chest and 60" at the waist.

I think it’s allowed if you’re schizophrenic and it’s not the same personality quoting itself.
Ah good sir schizophrenia is not multiple personality disorder. Schizos hear voices...

Schizos live in their own world. Paranoid schizos don't want you in it....

Ah good sir schizophrenia is not multiple personality disorder. Schizos hear voices...

Schizos live in their own world. Paranoid schizos don't want you in it....
I have tinnitus. Instead of hearing voices I hear a constant ringing noise in my head. Does that count?

And trousers are meant to fit like leggings, right?
God blessed me with muscular thighs and an endowment that is difficult to conceal in the best of trousers.

DEU pants do nothing to assist in comfort or discretion; and alas the RCCS boasts no highland regulations, so....

And trousers are meant to fit like leggings, right?
Except on the ass, where they are baggy. And combined with the mumu inspired DEU shirts, it looks like you are rocking an adult diaper.

My favourite thing about business casual Friday is I can wear dress clothes that fit, and shoes that are comfortable and look good. I sometimes tend to overdress as a result and rock a tie and whatnot as well, just because I can wear something not black, and also not some kind of polyester which is likely highly flammable to add some injury to the insult.

God blessed me with muscular thighs and an endowment that is difficult to conceal in the best of trousers.

DEU pants do nothing to assist in comfort or discretion; and alas the RCCS boasts no highland regulations, so....
Religious/cultural accomodation request.

I've used that to combine a kilt with the RCN mess kit at dinners.

If some daft bugger can claim Viking to get around life safety equipment laws, the dress manual seems fair game.

I have tinnitus. Instead of hearing voices I hear a constant ringing noise in my head. Does that count?
No I have the same thing. What schizophrenia does to a person is actually very debilitating. IT can be controlled with medication - MM will hopefully give us a better assessment than I.

Except on the ass, where they are baggy. And combined with the mumu inspired DEU shirts, it looks like you are rocking an adult diaper.

My favourite thing about business casual Friday is I can wear dress clothes that fit, and shoes that are comfortable and look good. I sometimes tend to overdress as a result and rock a tie and whatnot as well, just because I can wear something not black, and also not some kind of polyester which is likely highly flammable to add some injury to the insult.
I know that to some I’m a heretic for purchasing my own black pants from The Bay. They are from Hagar and they are stretchy, have an “action” waist, and are actually modern looking. I buy tte pants during Bay Dsys and you can get a hell of a good deal.

I know that to some I’m a heretic for purchasing my own black pants from The Bay. They are from Hagar and they are stretchy, have an “action” waist, and are actually modern looking. I buy tte pants during Bay Dsys and you can get a hell of a good deal.
I've been thinking of doing the same; I absolutely hate the newer ones which are tailored worse then ever. I'd rather be out of pocket a bit then spend days at the office with the crotch riding up every time I sit down.

I wouldn't do it with the shirts though; if for no other reason it would be too obvious when you aren't wearing a low thread count coarse POS tailored to fit no one well. Weirdly the material doesn't even make a decent rag when the shirts are done as they are strangely non-absorbent, (unless you don't have a spare shirt and have to do something important, then it's a coffee/pen/stain magnet)

Back