• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Nada, allegedly out of stock through stores and I'd like to retain the ability to wear NVGs anyways, 735's lack of lip means the claws don't fit properly anymore.
Eh, worked fine for everyone I’ve ever worked with. The straps have never been a great set up regardless. Frankly I think most of the issues relating to mounting them on the helmet is just equipment wearing out. Those PSV 14s are nearly twenty years old, ditto for the accessories.

Spending my money on shit the Army gives me? Cringe.

It’s not as bad as actually saying cringe. So there’s that.

Nada, allegedly out of stock through stores and I'd like to retain the ability to wear NVGs anyways, 735's lack of lip means the claws don't fit properly anymore.
That NV mount is a POS at best.

Helmets need a dedicated fixed NVG mount period. Any impact with the shroud/clip strap methods will dislodge the entire setup - mount and NVG’s. It sucked even with the old helmets.

Yes ground use NVG’s need a break away feature but that is generally the mounting bracket from the mounting plate - and the reason that for the past 20 years that most systems have shock cord to attach to the NVG’s so if they get bumped off on impact they are still retained to the helmet (and not like the very old days just by the battery box power cable - which just resulted in a lot of broken cables and NS NVG’s until one could replace the cable).

5 CMBG and RCAF personnel in Valcartier deploying to Op REASSURANCE in Latvia are being issued the CADPAT Multi-Terrain (MT) Modernized Combat Uniform (MCU).

R5kMKbv.jpeg

5 CMBG and RCAF personnel in Valcartier deploying to Op REASSURANCE in Latvia are being issued the CADPAT Multi-Terrain (MT) Modernized Combat Uniform (MCU).

R5kMKbv.jpeg

At first glance I thought it was just really faded CADPAT.

I dig the new MT cadpat. Can't wait to have it issued in 5 years.

R5kMKbv.jpeg

I’m mostly just happy the army is “getting” the idea that pushing this out is a good move for moral.

I’m mostly just happy the army is “getting” the idea that pushing this out is a good move for moral.
Troops ain't mushrooms, you can't keep them in the dark and feed them shit anymore. I applaud the steps taken in recent years to be more transparent with these types of rollouts.

Is this just for uniforms or is the rest of their kit being issued in the new cammo? Ruck, bodybarmor, rain jacket and so on.

Is this just for uniforms or is the rest of their kit being issued in the new cammo? Ruck, bodybarmor, rain jacket and so on.
I’ve seen MTP fighting order, guys from 3 RCR had it on my ASA. No idea what the full plan is.

If we're expecting to adopt the new style of uniforms doesn't this seem like a bit of a waste? Unless we don't expect the new style uniforms for another 10 years or something.

If you look the project up on ACIMS, they wanted to replace everything at the same time. Lots of "lack of stable funding" paragraphs mean we're going to go through the OD to CADPAT transition again. Saw a young Cpl in an OD parka a few days ago so 24 years later we still haven't finished fielding CADPAT TW gear...

If you look the project up on ACIMS, they wanted to replace everything at the same time. Lots of "lack of stable funding" paragraphs mean we're going to go through the OD to CADPAT transition again. Saw a young Cpl in an OD parka a few days ago so 24 years later we still haven't finished fielding CADPAT TW gear...
That's awesome.

It would be terrible if someone took a picture of that and posted on Twitter that the CAF is adopting new olive drab uniforms to resemble the IDF's olive drab uniforms.

I can’t wait to be in CADPAT TW ice pants, an MTP shirt, and an olive drab parka.

If you don't want to carry your entire life with you on your back or have a starting weight of 20lbs, yeah they're great.

I guess I’m in the minority here but if it’s stuff like parkas which aren’t always used, then is it really a big deal unless the new ones are functionally different? If the parka looks like it’s on its last legs that’s one thing, but if it looks “new” then that’s another thing.

I still see aircrew wearing the older style summer and winter flying jackets, when the combined one (with zip-in liner) has been around for a while. I know that some of them just don’t want to exchange it because they’re serviceable, so why bother?

I guess I’m in the minority here but if it’s stuff like parkas which aren’t always used, then is it really a big deal unless the new ones are functionally different? If the parka looks like it’s on its last legs that’s one thing, but if it looks “new” then that’s another thing.

I still see aircrew wearing the older style summer and winter flying jackets, when the combined one (with zip-in liner) has been around for a while. I know that some of them just don’t want to exchange it because they’re serviceable, so why bother?

I think they were more commenting on the fact that in 24 years we haven’t successfully completed our transition to CADPAT

Back