• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Doubt he needs the cash.

From ten years ago,

probably not but having his picture painted for the corridor on the hill might be enough to induce him to take the fall for the party: provided the resignation of Trudeau occurs before an election is called. Failing that, I think the powers behind the throne will encourage Trudeau to stay on for the election and then start clean after he falls on his sword post-election

probably not but having his picture painted for the corridor on the hill might be enough to induce him to take the fall for the party: provided the resignation of Trudeau occurs before an election is called. Failing that, I think the powers behind the throne will encourage Trudeau to stay on for the election and then start clean after he falls on his sword post-election
Blair is doing such an awesome job as MND, surpassing his accomplishments at Public Safety. After such a stellar performance, do you really think the party elite will want him at the helm against PP?

The Laurentian Elites’ actuarials are crunching the numbers and they’re not critical just yet, but not far from it.

Have no doubt that when the dude who lives at N47.9755870, W70.1313040 hits his limit of tolerating Canada’s breakage as it impacts his bottom line, action(s) will start in earnest and the ex-drama teacher, occasional bit actor, amateur boxer, part-time surfer, current PM and future professional TEDtalks moist-talker will start his transition plan (quietly handed to him from behind the scenes). Then Anita Anand can get on with playing Kim Campbell Round 2…
God hopes if it goes like that, that Anita would be our Kim Campbell 2.0...

I have a fear it would be Freeland or Joly, with Freeland being the worst of the options.

Ms. Meth Mouth is the one, singular person who I think would actually be worse than Trudeau, and the WEF has her poised to be the next in line should anything happen to boy wonder...

Anand is the only one I’d give ANY consideration to re: LPC un-phoquing itself in the coming years. She is very smart, and rumor has it, she has been the only one with a spine to actively (albeit behind closed doors) challenge the young Dauphin to truly ‘do better.’

Blair is doing such an awesome job as MND, surpassing his accomplishments at Public Safety. After such a stellar performance, do you really think the party elite will want him at the helm against PP?
called cannon fodder. No sense burning good resources on a lost cause and Blair could be relied upon to parrot the party line as programmed without any fear of adlibbing.

God hopes if it goes like that, that Anita would be our Kim Campbell 2.0...

I have a fear it would be Freeland or Joly, with Freeland being the worst of the options.

Ms. Meth Mouth is the one, singular person who I think would actually be worse than Trudeau, and the WEF has her poised to be the next in line should anything happen to boy wonder...

Good thing the WEF doesn't get to vote people into office in Canada, even if they are self-described 'global feminists' ;)

She’s not as globally feministy as JT, though… #tryharder #dobetter

He pretty well needs to keep up the facade. If he announces he won't run again, he becomes a lame duck and everyone stops listening to him. All the news becomes about his replacement and not him. Nobody will care about his promises (lies) as he won't be anywhere near a position to accomplish them. All he can do to alleviate that, is to announce his replacement and walk away. At the same time, the party can't progress, can't regain the confidence or support of the people. Keeping him in play just sinks the party further. Passing the torch to freeland is a sucker deal. She's hated almost as much as His Nibs and her style and tone of her speaking is horrible and not conducive to people listening much past the first couple of sentences. And that's usually "Let me perfectly clear. Canada is at the top of the G7. Blah, blah, blah." All this only matters if the liberals are truly interested in sovereignty, freedom and the Canadian people.

If we go back to the beginning, when he promised to make us the first post national state and his progress to that end so far, we can expect him to hold out until the people vote the party out. Giving us over to global Marxism certainly seems to have been his purpose in life. Economy is in the toilet. Out of control immigration. Rampant inflation. No housing. No jobs. And a government that is increasingly intruding on people's rights and forcing people to opt for more social programs to keep living. This isn't simply a by-product of his amateur leadership, it is by design. All of that to say that if this is his true purpose, you can expect him to keep chugging towards a globalist utopia and doing as much damage as possible to our democracy as he can until he is forced off the Hill.

That's the way I see it, through my lenses anyway.

probably not but having his picture painted for the corridor on the hill might be enough to induce him to take the fall for the party
I could easily see the allure of this for a senior level politician looking to exit politics anyway. PM's names get written in the history books a lot more than MND's names do.

He pretty well needs to keep up the facade. If he announces he won't run again, he becomes a lame duck and everyone stops listening to him. All the news becomes about his replacement and not him. Nobody will care about his promises (lies) as he won't be anywhere near a position to accomplish them. All he can do to alleviate that, is to announce his replacement and walk away. At the same time, the party can't progress, can't regain the confidence or support of the people. Keeping him in play just sinks the party further. Passing the torch to freeland is a sucker deal. She's hated almost as much as His Nibs and her style and tone of her speaking is horrible and not conducive to people listening much past the first couple of sentences. And that's usually "Let me perfectly clear. Canada is at the top of the G7. Blah, blah, blah." All this only matters if the liberals are truly interested in sovereignty, freedom and the Canadian people.

If we go back to the beginning, when he promised to make us the first post national state and his progress to that end so far, we can expect him to hold out until the people vote the party out. Giving us over to global Marxism certainly seems to have been his purpose in life. Economy is in the toilet. Out of control immigration. Rampant inflation. No housing. No jobs. And a government that is increasingly intruding on people's rights and forcing people to opt for more social programs to keep living. This isn't simply a by-product of his amateur leadership, it is by design. All of that to say that if this is his true purpose, you can expect him to keep chugging towards a globalist utopia and doing as much damage as possible to our democracy as he can until he is forced off the Hill.

That's the way I see it, through my lenses anyway.
except he's not that smart. Who are the nameless faces that control the strings?

There is no way that he will step down. I actually think he does believe his own crap and that he will win every election he runs in. Freeland shares the same belief. Just in case though they are ensuring that if they do lose the next leader will be in a no win situation that will guarantee a next election loss with the libs taking the reigns again. Won't be surprised if universal income comes out this year, another immigration increase and anything else they can think of that will tie the new leader into either maintaining the program or suffer extreme public backlash at cancelling the programs.

The cynic in me tells me the Liberals will poison the well before the next election. Basically make it so walking back whatever they have done is so costly they will win the election or two after the next.

The only reason we have GST is the Conservatives had to create it to make up for the excesses of Trudeau (Sr.). What will have to be cut/new taxes created to become solvent in the future?

And for those that argue our ‘national debt is among the lowest in the developed world’ keep in mind most nations don’t have sub sovereign debt like us. When you add all that into the mix we are actually worse off than most the G7 for our debt to GDP ratio.

Someone needs to get control over it, balanced should be the minimum goal, a surplus is what is necessary.

My guess is he waits until his next big thing. Pharmacare in March. Then he’ll wait for summer polling. If that is still garbage he’ll step away by the fall.

If the polls are good and the economy is rebounding he’ll stay on.

The cynic in me tells me the Liberals will poison the well before the next election. Basically make it so walking back whatever they have done is so costly they will win the election or two after the next.

The only reason we have GST is the Conservatives had to create it to make up for the excesses of Trudeau (Sr.). What will have to be cut/new taxes created to become solvent in the future?

And for those that argue our ‘national debt is among the lowest in the developed world’ keep in mind most nations don’t have sub sovereign debt like us. When you add all that into the mix we are actually worse off than most the G7 for our debt to GDP ratio.

Someone needs to get control over it, balanced should be the minimum goal, a surplus is what is necessary.

Trudeau also counts what is in the OAS and CPP as assets to against his debt, to keep his numbers down and make it look like we're better off than anyone else. Just part of the accounting scheme not used by any other country apparently.

There is no way that he will step down. I actually think he does believe his own crap and that he will win every election he runs in.
Some insiders say Trudeau is looking forward to crushing the PP led CPC.
Won't be surprised if universal income comes out this year
I think UBI will be a fiscal bridge too far. He still hasn't gotten pharmacare to fly yet.
, another immigration increase
Did not the feds just announce that are scaling back immigration as it is contributing to the housing crisis in the Liberal heartlands.
and anything else they can think of that will tie the new leader into either maintaining the program or suffer extreme public backlash at cancelling the programs.
The Liberals have kicked the assault style firearm buyback to beyond the next fixed election date. Probably because they need that $2B+ for other quick vote getting projects.

Did not the feds just announce that are scaling back immigration as it is contributing to the housing crisis in the Liberal heartlands.
No, they said they "may consider" adjusting the numbers. Which means they won't do anything and will barrel forward at the current rate.

Back