• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To excited to wait for the surprise!

FNG

Inactive
Reaction score
So what's it like when you first walk off that bus and are so (kindly greeted) by your drill sgt?.....I just watched some vid's on the US Marines web site( rather entertaining) and was just hoping for a warm rececption as well. Almost made it seem like volenteering for jail time.Don't get me wrong i know what i signed up for, just wondering what everyone's first thought was when the DS jumped right in your face screaming, YOUR MINE NOW MAGGOT, lol.....let's hear about it eh!

Almost made it seem like volunteering for jail time.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"so what's it like when you first walk off that bus and are so (kindly greeted) by your drill sgt?.....I just watched some vid's on the US Marines web site"

Why watch american army videos, when your going into the Canadian army?, things will be different.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
You obviously don't - the CF is nothing like that.  Look here:

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/site/accueil/index_e.asp

The USMC is entirely different.

Look at the pictures from the IAP course... particularly the drill pictures. Theres one with someone standing easy with a rifle and having the wrong hand on top... and another of someone presenting arms with his ejection port open :D

You guys are making the CF seem like a trip to Disneyland compared to the marines! lol....The marines do look fun though.

Forgotten_Hero said:
Look at the pictures from the IAP course... particularly the drill pictures. Theres one with someone standing easy with a rifle and having the wrong hand on top... and another of someone presenting arms with his ejection port open :D
Looks like you are a candidate for Recce.

You guys are making the CF seem like a trip to Disneyland compared to the marines! lol....The marines do look fun though.

No... we're simply saying that the CF does things differently.

Looks like you are a candidate for Recce.

Whats that supposed to mean?

I do like recces though  ;D

Forgotten_Hero said:
No... we're simply saying that the CF does things differently.

Whats that supposed to mean?

I do like recces though   ;D

I believe it was because you were observant enough to notice such small details....which I believe would be a fine quality for someone doing Recce...

FNG said:
So what's it like when you first walk off that bus and are so (kindly greeted) by your drill sgt

I do remember when I did BOTC that when we arrived to St. Jean via bus from the Mtl airport the Sergeant stood up at the front and said "Welcome to the Mega, my name is Sgt. Whatever, you can call me by my first name...Sergeant!"

But really, if you want to join the Canadian Forces read and watch videos about the CF. Don't look at the US...you might as well look at training videos of the Taliban training camps...its just as relevent

2332Piper said:
'sit up straight...your in the military now esti-tabernac!".   ;D

hhahahahahah sorry that is funny...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

"your in the military now esti-tabernac"

You estonian?

FNG said:

Go ahead....point that opinion out to your platoon staff, I am sure your course mates will "personally" thank you for it later. ::)

Ex-Dragoon said:
Go ahead....point that opinion out to your platoon staff, I am sure your course mates will "personally" thank you for it later. ::)
  Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh.........I'll get right on that one.  ::)

I just noticed this. Whats with your hard-on for the marines?

LOL......I just see and hear so much about them , and feel they deserve alot of respect.

LOL......I just see and hear so much about them , and feel they deserve alot of respect.

If you have worked with our Canadian military people any, you would notice that they deserve just as much respect as the Marines. And if you worked with the American Military (I have - five years) you would notice that our military members deserve even more respect.

spud said:

If you have worked with our Canadian military people any, you would notice that they deserve just as much respect as the Marines. And if you worked with the American Military (I have - five years) you would notice that our military members deserve even more respect.

I agree 110% with this statement. You hit the nail right on the head spud :salute:

Holy shit guys.  Never did I say cf members don't deserve respect. Stop twisting words and incinuating BS.  If i thought otherwise i'd be going for a citizenship change and joining the marines instead of the CF.
I know it's hard to read tone on these forums so no bad blood, or disrespect to our troops, Looking forward to becoming a member of our armed forces, see you there.

Back